The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Provisional 2015/2016 QPR Championship Thread

+2
FootballLight
Roller_Coaster
6 posters

Go down

The Provisional 2015/2016 QPR Championship Thread Empty The Provisional 2015/2016 QPR Championship Thread

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 24 Jun 2014, 1:47 pm

You know it's coming, I know it's coming so I thought I'd get in (really) early with this one and save the effort next summer.

Feel free to get the howls and hoots of derision at our demise from the top flight early. Check with Paddy Power now and you will probably see we're already (unjustified) favourites for promotion.

Good luck for this season all and I'll see all bar 6 of you next year!

Unless of course we get demoted twice for financial fair play issues...

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

The Provisional 2015/2016 QPR Championship Thread Empty Re: The Provisional 2015/2016 QPR Championship Thread

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jun 2014, 2:29 pm

Tough season last year under Harry & the lowest EPL points tally in the history of the league. I knew signing Rio was a mistake & him & Clint Hill got murdered all season. Wasn't surprised to see Joey Barton sent off six times last season either. Now your back in the Championship & Harry has retired, firstly, who do you want as your new manager & can you bounce straight back up into the EPL?

Back to top Go down

The Provisional 2015/2016 QPR Championship Thread Empty Re: The Provisional 2015/2016 QPR Championship Thread

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:17 am

Ha ha. Quality. Funny coz it's true.

Alsoo funny coz it's true, did you see the paddy power tweet? Big tortoise next to little tortoise and reference to Rio and Dunne.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 3:12 pm

John wrote:Tough season last year under Harry & the lowest EPL points tally in the history of the league. I knew signing Rio was a mistake & him & Clint Hill got murdered all season. Wasn't surprised to see Joey Barton sent off six times last season either. Now your back in the Championship & Harry has retired, firstly, who do you want as your new manager & can you bounce straight back up into the EPL?

Looking good thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 13 Apr 2015, 2:20 pm

John wrote:
John wrote:Tough season last year under Harry & the lowest EPL points tally in the history of the league. I knew signing Rio was a mistake & him & Clint Hill got murdered all season. Wasn't surprised to see Joey Barton sent off six times last season either. Now your back in the Championship & Harry has retired, firstly, who do you want as your new manager & can you bounce straight back up into the EPL?

Looking good thumbsup

Might need to change your name to SoothsayerJohn.

Nearly there. We're coming back.

Unless we get banned and relegated further for FFP!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Mon 13 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm

Certainly pessimistic.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Fri 07 Aug 2015, 7:59 pm

Not looking forward to this season with Chris Ramsey as manager. Don't see what the board see in him. He is tactically naive and out of his depth as a manager. I've had a little bet on QPR to lose their first three games at 25/1. That said, we may be able to get off to a good start with Charlie Austin and Leroy Fer still here.

Not sure about some of the transfers. If we are looking to build a younger squad why give Rob Green a new contract and sell Alex McCarthy Why loan Steven Caulker out to Southampton. He was just awful last season. Sell him.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:34 pm

Chris Ramsey has to go now. Tony Fernandes has a habit of holding on to managers for too long. Hope he doesn't cost us again.

Ramsey is tactically inept. Nothing has changed in six months. He is simply not good enough as manager.

Too many QPR fans are blinded by the fact that we had too good of players for the Championship and will win a majority of the games.

When it comes to the crunch though. When we play the top teams, if we get in the playoffs, Ramsey can't be trusted.

He had TWO WEEKS to prepare for Nott'm Forest and we got over run in the first half on Saturday. It's just the same again tonight. Ramsey is a useless manager. Nice guy but useless manager.

Time for Tony Fernandes to actually make some tough but right decisions for a change. Would love to see us get Gary Rowett from Birmingham.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 16 Sep 2015, 8:45 pm

Big Sam is waiting for the call...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 17 Sep 2015, 2:36 pm

I'd take Mr Allardyce - I think. I doubt he'd take us though!

From what I read , CR is a great coach, but I don't get the feeling he's a particularly good manager. Although I suspect that the whole club needs a revamp all the way from the kids upwards and that we'd not improve massively under Klopp/Mourinho/Guardiola (insert any manager name here!).

With our squad we shouldn't be battling to equalise against Blackburn at home and face headlines that we "held" them. At home we should be winning most of them at this level.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 11 Feb 2016, 12:04 pm

Ooh. Possible signs of steps in the right long term direction?

Underperforming big(ger - relatively speaking) names moved on (shame about Austin, but at least we did it the QPR way and got 4 million for someone we could have got 12 for 5 months ago). Rob Green contract situation is bizarre (or would be at any other club).

Lesser lights with potential coming in.

Although the best thing about the window for me was the result of the club badge vote. Gone will be the hideous representation of Flavio's hair (and what I think is the worst crest in football).

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 11 Feb 2016, 12:53 pm

Floyds a good manager, needs time to sort out QPr fully tho
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 16 Feb 2016, 1:18 pm

Indeed. Although it's the one commodity seemingly unavailable to managers.

Fingers crossed though (for the millionth time...)

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 07 Apr 2016, 3:42 pm

Mid table then Roller, and another 6 meaningless games like last night against Leeds.

Can't say I'm surprised, although there was enough quality in the squad in the first half of the season to finish in the top 2.

Jury is still out on Jimmy Floyd. There seems to be some invisible force that prevents any manager from succeeding at QPR. Just look at Mark Hughes' excellent managerial record and the blip at QPR for proof.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 09 May 2016, 4:29 pm

We're a strange old club for sure.

Slap bang in the middle of the table. Plenty out, plenty in in the summer and so likely to have insufficient time to "gel" the squad before we go again. Not sure on JFH, but hope he gets time as I think it'[s a whole club re-build rather than simply the first team. We seem to be harder to beat, but we seem to find it hard to win. Collective attitude to improve, get shot of some egos and get a team that's greater than the sum of its parts rather than an array of former "names".

Shame Hill is going, but I think his time has regrettably come. Sterling servant and showed he cared whenever he crossed the line on to the pitch. Hope he comes back one day.

On the plus side, we get a new crest and lose the Briatore Head we've had to put up with for a while.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down