The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 worst actors in Hollywood History - compiled by Complex media network...

+9
Mr Bounce
Mad for Chelsea
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
TopHat24/7
The Womble
Hoggy_Bear
westisbest
TRUSSMAN66
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top 10 worst actors in Hollywood History - compiled by Complex media network... Empty Top 10 worst actors in Hollywood History - compiled by Complex media network...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Jun 2014, 10:15 am

1. Keanu Reeves
2. Hayden Christiansen
3. William Shatner ??
4. Orlando Bloom
5. Brendan Fraser
6. Hugh Grant
7. Paul Walker..............(Must have been before the accident)
8. David Arquette
9. David Caruso
10.Matthew Lillard..

Seems to be a modern slant to the list.................and it seems to leave out obvious choices like Arnie.......Who though I love the guy certainly isn't in Shatner's league...

But there you go...
Me I'd have Nicholas Cage 1-10 with Reeves 11.............

No Hugh Jackman thankfully............My favorite actor.. thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Top 10 worst actors in Hollywood History - compiled by Complex media network... Empty Re: Top 10 worst actors in Hollywood History - compiled by Complex media network...

Post by westisbest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 10:37 am

Reeves is pretty poor.

Agree with Christiansen, Bloom, Grant.

Thought Walker was decent, also Fraser.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Top 10 worst actors in Hollywood History - compiled by Complex media network... Empty Re: Top 10 worst actors in Hollywood History - compiled by Complex media network...

Post by Hoggy_Bear Tue 17 Jun 2014, 10:41 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
7.  Paul Walker..............(Must have been before the accident)

Why? Was he a better actor after it? 

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Jun 2014, 10:45 am

People don't like to kick people when they are down......

Unless you are Pesci and Deniro in Goodfellas...... thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:46 pm

I would have placed David Arquette higher, awful actor. I would also have Nic Cage in there somewhere.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 1:13 pm

Channing Tatum must deserve a mention as must Chris O'Donnell

I'd also vote for people like Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, Vince Vaughn and Adam Sandler.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 17 Jun 2014, 2:33 pm

Wow, big hate on the comic actors from Dave there!

Agree Arnie should definitely be up there. I guess Danny Dyer isn't considered 'hollywood', or Vinnie Jones.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Jun 2014, 3:16 pm

To be fair to Dave......There is nothing I'd like more than to stick the boot into Adam Sandler and slowly watch him lose consciousness..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jun 2014, 3:29 pm

Whilst I am not going to argue any of these guys will be troubling the Academy voting any time soon are they seriously worse than Seagal or the previously mentioned Arnie?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 17 Jun 2014, 3:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Watch your step, Beefcake.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 3:50 pm

Van Damme and the always woeful Dolph Lundgren should take top spots but given they were martial artists-turned-actors they get a tiny bit of leeway. It's the reason I'd argue that Arnie shouldn't get too much stick. He wasn't an actor to begin with, he was a professional bodybuilder who got into films. Arnie himself never said he was an "actor", he said he was just a guy who was in films.

Personally I can't stand Michael Caine and Sean Connery...especially Connery. Who else gets away with turning up to filming for the role of a Russian or Spaniard and still using his own accent? C**T!!!! Even Michale Caine had a stab at being posh in Zulu and in an early role he tried his hand at an Irish accent (it was shoite!) but Connery appears exempt from criticism...well, not on my watch.

Had Brad Pitt even done any decent "acting"...I struggle to think of a role he's had when I've been blown away. Tried to watch 12 Monkeys to see why he warranted an Oscar nomination but couldn't.

Matt Dillon has played the same guy forever.

Ben and Casey Affleck are pretty dreadful too.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Jun 2014, 3:59 pm

Connery does seem a lazy actor for sure...He was a poor beat Irish cop with a Scottish accent in the Untouchables....

Always thought John Malkovich was overrated..One of these guys other people "get"..

Johnny English....acting was atrocious.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 17 Jun 2014, 4:03 pm

Pitt - Snatch, Fight Club?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 4:17 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Pitt - Snatch, Fight Club?
Brad Pitt has this mangled "traveler" accent and that good is it?

Fight Club? What did he do that was so tremendous? Norton was supposed to play a loser therefore anything Pitt did would seem charismatic in comparison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 17 Jun 2014, 4:31 pm

Norton was excellent in Fight Club, though not as good as he was in American History X.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 17 Jun 2014, 4:36 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

But you love Hugh Jackman Tino.......don't you? He was magnificent in Les Mis and he is a style icon.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 4:36 pm

Aah, Edward Furlong....another crappy actor whose role in Terminator 2 had me rooting for the bad guy to stab, hack and bludgeon the little pr!ck into itty bitty Connor pieces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jun 2014, 4:45 pm

Moneyball, Killing Them Softly, The Assassination of Jesse James, Burn After Reading. I agree, he is rubbish!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 17 Jun 2014, 4:55 pm

The Womble wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

But you love Hugh Jackman Tino.......don't you? He was magnificent in Les Mis and he is a style icon.

You and I are friends, Womble.

You really don't want to do this again, do you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Jun 2014, 4:58 pm

Tino has always wanted to play Wolverine and is jealous.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 17 Jun 2014, 5:27 pm

Odd list IMO. Some good shouts, some I don't agree with.

Reeves: doesn't really act does he? It worked in the Matrix, but doesn't work in much else, terrible in The Day the Earth stood still.

Hayden Christienssen (sp., sorry): I'm going to be controversial here and say that some of his acting in the Star Wars saga isn't that bad, he's mostly let down by a terrible script. They're a couple of scenes in which he's really really good IMO.

Orlando Bloom and Brendan Fraser are good shouts, I've never seen them do much by which I've been impressed.

Hugh Grant is a tougher one. He's one who I feel is good at what he does, but he basically plays the same role over and over again, the English romantic, and gets by with it. Fair enough, he's done it well, and earned millions, but it would have been interesting to see him try on different roles.

On the whole "different roles" thing, that's where I have a lot of respect for guys like Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and Nicholas Cage (a highly unpopular opinion on here, but I like the guy): they've tested themselves in lots of different roles over the years, and generally (IMO) done pretty well.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 5:28 pm

Rowley wrote:

Moneyball, Killing Them Softly, The Assassination of Jesse James, Burn After Reading. I agree, he is rubbish!
He's certainly nothing special...some people raved about him in 12 Years a Slave...must have missed the bit where he lit up the screen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jun 2014, 6:58 pm

Adam Sandler
Nicolas Cage
Jason Statham

Would be my top 3 by far

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 17 Jun 2014, 8:30 pm

The Womble wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

To be fair, I haven't got the energy to hear it again!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jun 2014, 9:03 pm

The Womble wrote:
The Womble wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I would prefer to hear a three hour one man show by Adrian Chiles.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:15 am

Rowley wrote:
The Womble wrote:
The Womble wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I would prefer to hear a three hour one man show by Adrian Chiles.

With commentary from Phil Neville?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:36 am

My Wife has a number of DVDs.......Most have cobwebs on them..but two Mamma Mia and Titanic are spotlessly clean......

I think I'm the only one in this World who finds Brosnan embarrassing in it....Coupled with the fact I can sense her temperature rising everytime he hits the screen....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:38 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:My Wife has a number of DVDs.......Most have cobwebs on them..but two Mamma Mia and Titanic are spotlessly clean......

I think I'm the only one in this World who finds Brosnan embarrassing in it....Coupled with the fact I can sense her temperature rising everytime he hits the screen....

Bet she loves Dante's Peak then?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:42 am

She loves my peak better...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:44 am

Fan of mole hills is she? Smile
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:She loves my peak better...
She says you passed your peak a long, long time ago

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:47 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

I'm younger than her.........

She's on shaky ground with that one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 1:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I'm younger than her.........

She's on shaky ground with that one..
Women peak later than men, she knows what she's talking about...the lack of work coming your way in the Oyster should also testify to this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 19 Jun 2014, 12:51 pm

Adam Sandler should be 1-10. He's only done one marginally good film IMO in the Wedding Singer, and that was only good because of Steve Buscemi and Billy Idol.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 2:35 pm

Should be a pub quiz question,

Q/ Name a good Adam Sandler film

A/ One that he's not in.

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 19 Jun 2014, 3:39 pm

How does Ian McKellen act so well?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 3:54 pm

incontinentia wrote:How does Ian McKellen act so well?
Professional training and years of practice?

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:02 pm

Wrong. He simply pretends to be the person he's portraying in the film or play.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:07 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Should be a pub quiz question,

A/ One that he's not in.

The Wedding Singer is good. It would probably be better without him though. I think the problem with Sandler is not that he is a terrible actor per se, just the he acts in truly awful films, in roles that simply require him to shout and hit people with things. He's no Marlon Brando, but I do at least feel he could up his game a little if the role demanded it.

Nicolas Cage, on the other hand is a terrible actor. He's sort of like an anti-Keanu Reeves. Whereas Keanu Reeves is completely wooden, Cage exaggerates every reaction, like a 7 year old with ADHD who's been told to make his acting as expressive as possible. There is no Nic Cage film that would not be improved by his absence.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:14 pm

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:

A/ One that he's not in.

The Wedding Singer is good. It would probably be better without him though. I think the problem with Sandler is not that he is a terrible actor per se, just the he acts in truly awful films, in roles that simply require him to shout and hit people with things. He's no Marlon Brando, but I do at least feel he could up his game a little if the role demanded it.

Nicolas Cage, on the other hand is a terrible actor. He's sort of like an anti-Keanu Reeves. Whereas Keanu Reeves is completely wooden, Cage exaggerates every reaction, like a 7 year old with ADHD who's been told to make his acting as expressive as possible. There is no Nic Cage film that would not be improved by his absence.
Stopped reading after that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:15 pm

incontinentia wrote:Wrong. He simply pretends to be the person he's portraying in the film or play.
Nope, that doesn't explain why he does it so well. That just explains how he acts. It's the training and experience that enable him to do it so well.

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

A/ One that he's not in.

Too many words?  Whistle 

You should have read the rest. It got better as it went on.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

A/ One that he's not in.

Too many words?  Whistle 

You should have read the rest. It got better as it went on.
I took your advice...it didn't!

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 19 Jun 2014, 4:54 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
incontinentia wrote:Wrong. He simply pretends to be the person he's portraying in the film or play.
Nope, that doesn't explain why he does it so well. That just explains how he acts. It's the training and experience that enable him to do it so well.
This is a direct quote from Ian on the matter: "How do I act so well? What I do is pretend to be the person I'm portraying in the film or play. A definitely simple case in point: Lord of the Rings. Peter Jackson comes from New Zealand and says to me, 'Ian, I want you to be Gandalf the wizard'. And I say to him, 'You are aware that I am not really a wizard'. And he said 'yes I'm aware of that. What I want you to do is to use your acting skills to portray the wizard for the duration of the film'. So I said ok, and then I said to myself ahmmmmm. How would I do that? And this is what I did. I imagined what it would be like to be a wizard and then I pretended and acted in that way on the day. And how did I know what to say? The words were writted down for me in a script. How did I know where to stand? People told me. If we were to draw a graph of my process, of my "method", it would be something like this:

Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Action,

Wizard! You shall not pass!

Cut! Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian."

incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 5:02 pm

incontinentia wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
This is a direct quote from Ian on the matter: "How do I act so well? What I do is pretend to be the person I'm portraying in the film or play. A definitely simple case in point: Lord of the Rings. Peter Jackson comes from New Zealand and says to me, 'Ian, I want you to be Gandalf the wizard'. And I say to him, 'You are aware that I am not really a wizard'. And he said 'yes I'm aware of that. What I want you to do is to use your acting skills to portray the wizard for the duration of the film'. So I said ok, and then I said to myself ahmmmmm. How would I do that? And this is what I did. I imagined what it would be like to be a wizard and then I pretended and acted in that way on the day. And how did I know what to say? The words were writted down for me in a script. How did I know where to stand? People told me. If we were to draw a graph of my process, of my "method", it would be something like this:

Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Action,

Wizard! You shall not pass!

Cut! Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian."

I'm well aware of the skit...it's just that you weren't remotely funny...practice and years of experience may help though!

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 19 Jun 2014, 5:18 pm

Maybe with enough practice and experience I can be as cool as you some day Dave thumbsup 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jun 2014, 5:27 pm

You can wish in one hand and sh!t in the other....see which one fills up first!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Thu 19 Jun 2014, 10:30 pm

Sam J Jones in Flash Gordon.

His "acting" (a word with a very flexible definition if this film was anything to go by) was abysmal but the film was saved by two things:

1.   Max von Sydow, who didn't take it seriously and simply hammed it up for all it was worth.

2.   The soundtrack by Queen.

Damn.... I love that movie.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:07 am

I love Ming's daughter in it..

Sexy as hell..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jun 2014, 10:56 am

Kevin Costner been mentioned?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next