The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gulbis eyes No.1 slot

4 posters

Go down

Gulbis eyes No.1 slot Empty Gulbis eyes No.1 slot

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:57 am

Addicted to success Gulbis is not satisfied with his performance and wants to work hard and achieve better results in the near future.

Gulbis puts it this way “I'm not going to celebrate,” said Gulbis after his defeat to Djokovic. “It's not enough. I need to reach more now. Now I'm addicted to success, really. I need to make this extra step now. I'm extra motivated.”

He also feels nervousness as the reason behind a semi-final departure ,
“I'm not used to playing these kinds of big matches,” said Gulbis. “It's just normal that I felt extra nervous and extra tense. I can take one positive out of the match: that I could still win the third set [when I was] feeling that nervous and that extra tired. That's one thing that I take for the future.

Good to see finally he realizes his potential and hungry for more success, if Stan can do it at 29, then Gulbis has ample time left. thumbsup 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Gulbis eyes No.1 slot Empty Re: Gulbis eyes No.1 slot

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:27 am

I see Gulbis speaks a lot more sense when he sticks to tennis, well done to the man!
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Yup, everybody wants him to focus on Tennis for a change.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Very glad to see Bresnik is making him work hard. If he complements his talent, he has a window (albeit shrinking now), that he can become another Wawrinka.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:16 pm

laverfan wrote:Very glad to see Bresnik is making him work hard. If he complements his talent, he has a window (albeit shrinking now), that he can become another Wawrinka.

Given the pre tournament form of Djoko and Rafa he could have easily done this tournament, but goodness he didn't get success easily and Djoko and Rafa caught form in the right time of the tournament, he can be a potent force like Soderling in 2015 French Open if the progress goes upwards.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Yeah well, eventually the big four have to wilt, tennis' equivalent of the "lost generation" will take place. He's a real talent, and if he knuckles down - there's no reason for him not to sneak in a few slams and weeks at world #1 in the ensuing chaos.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:07 am

kingraf wrote:Yeah well, eventually the big four have to wilt, tennis' equivalent of the "lost generation" will take place. He's a real talent, and if he knuckles down - there's no reason for him not to sneak in a few slams and weeks at world #1 in the ensuing chaos.

Gulbis for me gives more hope than all these Dimitrovs and non-sense & co. picard 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:15 am

Every time I see Gulbis, there is a small reminder at the back of my head, named Gerulaitis (even though he passed away when he was 40).

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down