The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newark by election - First poll shows it's game on !!

5 posters

Go down

Newark by election - First poll shows it's game on !! Empty Newark by election - First poll shows it's game on !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 30, 2014 7:34 pm

2010 General Election
-----------------------

Conservative 54 %
Labour 22 %
Lib Dem 20 %
UKIP 3 %

Survation poll commissioned and carried out this week by The Sun newspaper.......................

Conservative 34 %
UKIP 28 %
Labour 27 %
Lib Dem 5 %

Have to factor in it's only one poll..............Though Survation tends to be a respected pollster.....

Can UKIP buy into the 27% of the Labour vote is probably the question............

Certainly If this poll isn't an outlier it's closer than I expected..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Newark by election - First poll shows it's game on !! Empty Re: Newark by election - First poll shows it's game on !!

Post by kingraf Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Interesting spread. Problem with polls is they aren't quite anonymous, and people sometimes tell you what they want you to hear. I stand to be corrected, but I'll believe a party losing 20% in one region when I see it.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Newark by election - First poll shows it's game on !! Empty Re: Newark by election - First poll shows it's game on !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri May 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Thought anyone who believed Agassi could press 415 for 2 reps would believe anything........... thumbsup 

1. Survation was commissioned by the Sun which is a Tory paper.......Making the Conservatives look bad isn't part of the paper's narrative..

2. By elections are different than general elections as they are generally used as a protest against the incumbent administration.....Norwich and Crewe in the last parliament saw huge Labour majorities turn into huge Conservative ones.......

3. UKIP have changed the usual dynamic..................

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri May 30, 2014 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Sat May 31, 2014 2:19 am

I think that the Cons will keep Newark but would not be surprised at all if UKIP gain their first MP. It might be a way for the Tory voters to send just one more message to Cameron. And indeed the Labour voters to Miliband.

Don't forget, this is a safe Tory area with a defending 16,000 majority. Going to be anxious times for the Tories for sure.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:01 am

Moving back out. Tories now 42% to UKIP's 27%. Labour next with 20%.

Hopefully will turn into a comfy Tory win.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/10870510/Tories-on-course-for-overwhelming-win-in-Newark-poll-suggests.html

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:32 am

But if UKIP get within 4,000 the message will still have been sent.

Cameron has to respond. But what can he do?

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:20 am

Yes I don't really like Roger Helmer, and he wouldn't be ever so fond of me, either, so I do hope the Tories hold here.

I think UKIP are just hoping to cut into the sizeable majority that the Tories presently have.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Message was sent last week, don't think a routine comfy Tory win really says anything new/different.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down