The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Penny Dreadful - anyone watching?

3 posters

Go down

Penny Dreadful - anyone watching? Empty Penny Dreadful - anyone watching?

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed May 21, 2014 11:38 pm

First episode last night, pretty entertaining.

Eva Green very good as is, surprisingly, Josh Hartnett.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2634266/Slick-scary-psychosexual-20-reasons-Eva-Greens-new-Penny-Dreadful-shows-American-television-JIM-SHELLEY.html

Strong production values and some big name actors. Looking forward to seeing how this series pans out (especially as Tuesday's are currently so dismal TV-wise).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Penny Dreadful - anyone watching? Empty Re: Penny Dreadful - anyone watching?

Post by compelling and rich Thu May 22, 2014 3:06 am

i watched it, did not know it was fantasy based so was pretty shocked as i thought it was going to be a crime thriller type show.

like my fantasy stuff but not sure about this so far, but will keep at it for a few more see if i can get into it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:01 am

Watched the first episode.  The Me'm Sahib wanted to know who played the part of Penny.

It's worth pointing out that the title comes from the 19th century novels that acquired the derogatory sobriquet and also became known as Penny Awful, Penny Horrible or even Penny Blood.   They featured lurid serial stories that amounted to little more than cheap, sensationalised, unimaginative fiction of a grossly violent nature.  Each copy cost only one imperial penny (0.5p decimal).  These books were printed on rough pulp paper and were primarily aimed at adolescents.

I think this series is very aptly named.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down