The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New book - Chicago's Greatest Sportsman

4 posters

Go down

New book - Chicago's Greatest Sportsman Empty New book - Chicago's Greatest Sportsman

Post by HumanWindmill Mon May 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Of particular interest to those with a fascination for the Sullivan / Corbett / Jackson era, this one looks pretty good :

http://cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/BookReview-Chicago%27sGreatestSportsman-MarkTDunn.htm

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

New book - Chicago's Greatest Sportsman Empty Re: New book - Chicago's Greatest Sportsman

Post by 88Chris05 Mon May 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks a lot for the heads up, Windy. Will probably be checking it out - although my reading does tend to wind down a little bit during the summer months!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

New book - Chicago's Greatest Sportsman Empty Re: New book - Chicago's Greatest Sportsman

Post by HumanWindmill Mon May 23, 2011 12:49 pm

You're welcome, Chris. Mine does, also, I'm afraid, but I've made a note of this one for future reference.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Evan "the Strangler" Lewis...possibly the greatest name ever and surpassed only by "Deaf" Burke

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon May 23, 2011 12:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Evan "the Strangler" Lewis...possibly the greatest name ever and surpassed only by "Deaf" Burke

They knew how to do a proper nickname in the bareknuckle days Dave. A couple of personal favourites are the Tipton Slasher and probably the all time greatest the Battersea Gardener. Hardly a name to strike fear into the heart that one

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23, 2011 12:58 pm

With Manny fighting old men, I'm surprised he isn't called, "the Graverobber"

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks for this Windy, not seen this before now, 710 pages Cry
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue May 24, 2011 11:41 am

You're welcome, Galveston. Should keep us all busy, for sure.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down