The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sepp Blatter: It was a mistake to award 2022 World Cup to Qatar

3 posters

Go down

Sepp Blatter: It was a mistake to award 2022 World Cup to Qatar Empty Sepp Blatter: It was a mistake to award 2022 World Cup to Qatar

Post by GSC Fri 16 May 2014, 9:25 am

Blatter told Swiss TV station RTS: "Yes, it was a mistake of course, but one makes lots of mistakes in life.

"The technical report into Qatar said clearly it was too hot but the executive committee - with a large majority - decided all the same to play it in Qatar."

Theres mistakes, and theres blatantly ignoring a report which said it wasnt feasible. Hopefully this is the catalyst for him to go but I doubt it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Sepp Blatter: It was a mistake to award 2022 World Cup to Qatar Empty Re: Sepp Blatter: It was a mistake to award 2022 World Cup to Qatar

Post by GSC Fri 16 May 2014, 9:31 am

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker 1m

Imagine the shock at FIFA HQ when, 2 years after the vote, someone spotted that Qatar's a tad warm in summer.

Go get em Gary
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Sepp Blatter: It was a mistake to award 2022 World Cup to Qatar Empty Re: Sepp Blatter: It was a mistake to award 2022 World Cup to Qatar

Post by Duty281 Fri 16 May 2014, 1:36 pm

No sheet, Sepp.

And unlike many other mistakes we make in life, there's plenty of time to eradicate this one by redoing the bidding process.

P.S: If we can have 2018 somewhere else as well, it would be much obliged.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Fri 23 May 2014, 12:12 pm

Given that it's clearly not a suitable venue, I wonder what on earth could have convinced the FIFA executive committee to award Qatar the World Cup? I also wonder what the corruption investigation will find.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down