The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official "I never knew that" Thread.

+16
MidnightToker
Shot 21 LCFC
Mr H
ncfc_Tooze
imprettyfly
Kay Fabe
Kurt N. Jurqa
Adam D
Jammy31
Lowlandbrit
TopoftheChops
Ché Guerrero
Kid Vicious
Nakatomi Plaza
kingraf
Samo
20 posters

Go down

Official "I never knew that" Thread.  Empty Official "I never knew that" Thread.

Post by Samo Tue 06 May 2014, 5:07 pm

Just a place for people to post facts and trivia they either just found out about, or fancy sharing with everyone else. To get things started, and the inspiration for the thread:

I never knew that Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt are brothers. Always thought Bo looked like a clean shaven Bray.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Official "I never knew that" Thread.  Empty Re: Official "I never knew that" Thread.

Post by kingraf Tue 06 May 2014, 5:25 pm

Paul Heyman drove ECW to bankruptcy. He's also Brock Lesnars business manager.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Official "I never knew that" Thread.  Empty Re: Official "I never knew that" Thread.

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 06 May 2014, 6:01 pm

I didn't know that Kamala was actually American.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 06 May 2014, 6:24 pm

I never knew that Tom Zenk shaved his eyebrows off and continued the crazy by getting arrested multiple times for stalking his ex.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 06 May 2014, 8:32 pm

kingraf wrote:Paul Heyman drove ECW to bankruptcy. He's also Brock Lesnars business manager.

according to him he got screwed by the PPV company who refused to pay ECW the money they owed because they knew ECW couldn't afford the court fees to challenge them over it

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Tue 06 May 2014, 8:55 pm

i never knew that mvp was released from wwe

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 06 May 2014, 9:59 pm

ta Che - even if true - he still drove them there, just didnt throw them over the ledge
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 06 May 2014, 10:20 pm

Adam Rose/Leo Kruger had his first match the same year as Tyson Kidd: 1995. Other people who have been wrestling since the 90's include Justin Gabriel and Fandango.

Erick Rowan was on a Norwegian reality tv show before he signed with WWE. You can also find a video on youtube of him tagging with Davey Richards in Japan.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 07 May 2014, 3:58 pm

WrestleMania 2000 didnt feature a traditional one on one male wrestling match.

Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar was the first WrestleMania main event to feature two guys using their real names.

From 2005 to 2010 the wrestler last eliminated in the Royal Rumble went on to have a World Title match anyway.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 07 May 2014, 4:09 pm

Samo wrote:Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar was the first WrestleMania main event to feature two guys using their real names.

That's a good one.
 clap 

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 07 May 2014, 5:14 pm

Shawn Stasiak’s 15 Hardcore Title Runs Lasted Less Than a Day

Kane, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio and Andre the Giant, have all held the WWE title and lost it within 24 hours.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 07 May 2014, 10:21 pm

Official "I never knew that" Thread.  BnCeqSBCcAAn58b

That Jericho and Lance Storm look awesome in tuxedos!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Wed 07 May 2014, 10:22 pm

They make a lovely couple.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 08 May 2014, 7:32 am

Jim the Anvil Neidhart was signed to be a monster heel in WWF with thw view to working with Hogan but he wasn't quite comfortable going it alone so they aligned him with some little Canadian who was just told he was going to be a cowboy.

The rest is history...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly Thu 08 May 2014, 9:23 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Jim the Anvil Neidhart was signed to be a monster heel in WWF with thw view to working with Hogan but he wasn't quite comfortable going it alone so they aligned him with some little Canadian who was just told he was going to be a cowboy.

The rest is history...

The Mountie?

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Thu 08 May 2014, 12:29 pm

Before Hulk Hogan signed for the WWF, Vince McMahon was toying with the idea of putting everything behind Quick Draw Rick McGraw, placing him in a feud with Roddy Piper. Hulkamania took off and Quick Draw was quietly relegated to jobber status. He wasn't cool with that, so Vince had Roddy Piper literally beat him to death to send out a message to future trouble makers.

Whistle 

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 08 May 2014, 1:03 pm

I never knew that Paul Heyman's client broke the undertakers wrestlemania undefeated streak.
I never knew that there is a WWE app and network or how to download them, I don't think we have been told about those before

Wink

Seriously

I never knew that the place that big daddy killed king Kong kirk was the hippodrome circus in great yarmouth until going to a muesuem in yarmouth and seeing the poster for that match

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 08 May 2014, 1:17 pm

I never knew how much I overated Bret Hart until I was an adult.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 18 May 2014, 10:04 pm

Bret Hart was the first guy to get put through the announcer in WWF/E (maybe pro-wrestling entirely).

Kane was mulling retirement in 2006 and "fake Kane" was to be booked as the "real" Kane, and Glenn Jacobs stole his identity. It was going to be used as a way to keep the Kane character around, but was shelved for being too confusing (and Glenn obviously hasnt retired).

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 19 May 2014, 4:12 pm

There was 4 members of Demolition (not including Fuji)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 19 May 2014, 4:36 pm

Samo wrote:Bret Hart was the first guy to get put through the announcer in WWF/E (maybe pro-wrestling entirely).

Kane was mulling retirement in 2006 and "fake Kane" was to be booked as the "real" Kane, and Glenn Jacobs stole his identity. It was going to be used as a way to keep the Kane character around, but was shelved for being too confusing (and Glenn obviously hasnt retired).

Was that Bret Hart fact meant to read announcer table?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 19 May 2014, 5:02 pm

Yes. Yes it was.

Although now im having images of Diesel putting him straight through JR. "GOOD GOD! GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY I HAVE BEEN BROKEN IN HALF MY GOD!"

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Wed 21 May 2014, 1:37 pm

Who was the 4th member of demolition, kay fabe? Remember duggan teaming with them at summerslam 89, don't think he was an official demolisher though?

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 21 May 2014, 2:44 pm

Moondog.rex originally played smash which was then taken on by Barry darsow
So there's
Smash (Original)
Ax
Smash
Crush

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 May 2014, 3:06 pm

Kendo Nagasaki isn't from Japan.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightToker Wed 21 May 2014, 3:13 pm

Neither was yokozuna

MidnightToker

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 24 May 2014, 4:51 pm

The Rock never won any if his World title matches at WrestleMania.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sat 24 May 2014, 11:16 pm

When Chris Jericho won the undisputed titles, he got locked out of his hotel room and ate cold pizza

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 25 May 2014, 8:01 am

Samo wrote:The Rock never won any if his World title matches at WrestleMania.

The selfish pri.ck
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sun 25 May 2014, 9:10 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:When Chris Jericho won the undisputed titles, he got locked out of his hotel room and ate cold pizza

by weird coincidence, i listened to that story earlier today.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 26 May 2014, 8:20 pm

xpac once put another wrestler's faeces in sunny's lunch

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 26 May 2014, 8:52 pm

In the WWE vs Nexus match, every wrestler except Cena wanted the Nexus to go over. Cena admitted he was wrong after the match

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 26 May 2014, 8:58 pm

Every winner at Extreme Rules this year made their WWE debut this decade.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 May 2014, 2:59 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:In the WWE vs Nexus match, every wrestler except Cena wanted the Nexus to go over. Cena admitted he was wrong after the match

Fact or fiction

Cena nailed jesus to the cross, after he did it he admitted he was wrong

Cena flew a plane into one of the Twin Towera, Cena later admitted he was wrong

Cena built a Time machine and gassed 6 million Jews, he later felt he acted harshly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 27 May 2014, 4:05 pm

The original plan for Mark Callaway (The Undertaker) was to debut as the Gobbledegooker

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 27 May 2014, 6:53 pm

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kotdm15/listsleeze.html

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down