The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graham Gooch sacked as batting coach

+4
Hoggy_Bear
Duty281
Stella
GSC
8 posters

Go down

Graham Gooch sacked as batting coach Empty Graham Gooch sacked as batting coach

Post by GSC Thu May 01, 2014 8:22 am

Shame but warranted given England's repetitive frailties for some time
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Graham Gooch sacked as batting coach Empty Re: Graham Gooch sacked as batting coach

Post by Stella Thu May 01, 2014 9:29 am

No major surprise given our recent batting performances. Who now?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Graham Gooch sacked as batting coach Empty Re: Graham Gooch sacked as batting coach

Post by Duty281 Thu May 01, 2014 9:36 am

It's probably the right decision, and best in the long-run, but we'll have to wait and see who the replacement is first.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Thu May 01, 2014 9:36 am

Graham Thorpe would be the obvious candidate I'd have thought.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 am

I agree with Hoggy that Thorpe would seem the obvious candidate although I'm sure that Ramps will also get a mention.

Like GSC, I've no complaints with the decision given the 'repetitive frailties' (liked that term  thumbsup ). Possibly a bit surprised though that Cook didn't hold out for Gooch to retain his role given their long and close links. There again, Cook does seem to be someone who is happier to follow the agenda than set it.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu May 01, 2014 11:00 am

Yep correct decision, not only have we not been racking up scores and failing miserably, he's also failed to help fix techniques of people like Bairstow (and his ability to play round straight ones), Root (inability in tests to play off the front foot consistently), Cook has gone backwards under him also, and I'm sure there's others too.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu May 01, 2014 11:03 am

I doubt Cook made the decision.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu May 01, 2014 2:44 pm

if a walloping and complete crash like the one Eng has suffered will not invoke accountability...then what will ?

so a good decision .
do they really need a batting coach ?

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu May 01, 2014 5:56 pm

A long overdue call!.
KP on twitter has to say this.
"Where do I apply for ENG batting coach job? I promise I won't encourage whistling when you get out or trying to change the game!".

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down