The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request to change title of "football" page to "soccer"

+18
Adam D
NickisBHAFC
Ent
Hero
Holymiky
Bull
VDT
Fernando
Duty281
kevmcp88
Galted
TopoftheChops
CFCNick
Enforcer
CaledonianCraig
GSC
hampo17
incontinentia
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Request to change title of "football" page to "soccer" - Page 2 Empty Request to change title of "football" page to "soccer"

Post by incontinentia Wed 23 Apr 2014, 2:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

As above, if possible can the title of the football page be amended to make it "soccer". Many countries have their own native versions of football, and we seem to have a multi-national spread of users of the forum. for example, an american friend of mine who recently joined, entered the football page as he wanted to engage in a discussion about his favourite team, the Oakland Raiders. He was quite confused to find much of the threads and discussion was about teams and sporting terminology which was totally alien to that of the sport with which he was familiar. As an Irishman I myself sometimes unwittingly venture into the football page in search of news about the Offaly footballers before realising my mistake.

Would this be possible?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Request to change title of "football" page to "soccer" - Page 2 Empty Re: Request to change title of "football" page to "soccer"

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 02 May 2014, 12:35 pm

Has CF Quit 606v2?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Request to change title of "football" page to "soccer" - Page 2 Empty Re: Request to change title of "football" page to "soccer"

Post by Duty281 Fri 02 May 2014, 1:30 pm

Again!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 02 May 2014, 1:39 pm

This has gone on too far.

Football will be renamed "soccerball" and American football will be hereby be called "rugby for girls"

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 May 2014, 1:40 pm

Adam D wrote:This has gone on too far.

Football will be renamed "soccerball" and American football will be hereby be called "rugby for girls"

Rugby league for girls or rugby union for girls?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 02 May 2014, 1:49 pm

Galted wrote:

Egg chasing for girls. That should cover it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 May 2014, 1:51 pm

Adam D wrote:
Galted wrote:

Egg chasing for girls. That should cover it.

Sounds a bit like a hen party in Southend.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 02 May 2014, 10:40 pm

Has CF Quit?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 04 May 2014, 8:34 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Has CF Quit?
Or been banned?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 04 May 2014, 8:47 pm

CF requested for his account to be deleted him why it turned to Guest like Azzy's did.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 04 May 2014, 11:54 pm

Why?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 05 May 2014, 12:03 am

Fernando wrote:CF requested for his account to be deleted him why it turned to Guest like Azzy's did.

I did that and they didn't delete mine! Whistle

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 05 May 2014, 11:16 am

Duty281 wrote:
Fernando wrote:CF requested for his account to be deleted him why it turned to Guest like Azzy's did.

I did that and they didn't delete mine! Whistle

That's because we need ud return. Ud never leave Mysti  Whistle 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 05 May 2014, 11:41 am

CF requested for it to be permanently removed, tbh it's not a request I like to do, I much prefer for the accounts to be made inactive through a banning or a change of password as in the vast majority of cases people have a change of heart after sleeping on it or after a couple of weeks and wish to return.
I have notified CF prior to it being removed that if he wants it permanent then it will be permanent from this side as well and that any account that has the trademark CF style will be be removed as well.
If people are that adamant to have their account removed then it's the point of no return, I don't want them back afterwards.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 05 May 2014, 1:24 pm

He also didn't give a reason and was insistent that he didn't have one.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 21 Aug 2019, 12:02 pm

How about changing it to "Association Football". That is a fair compromise no?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 09 Sep 2019, 3:59 pm

incontinentia wrote:How about changing it to "Association Football". That is a fair compromise no?

Is your surname Buttocks?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 13 Sep 2019, 1:50 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
incontinentia wrote:How about changing it to "Association Football". That is a fair compromise no?

Is your surname Buttocks?
Yes
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 19 Jan 2020, 11:58 am

Soccer is the only version of 'football' that exclusively uses the feet (except for throw-ins... Whistle .... ok, so drop the exclusive bit, yis pedants!)

But why should the football that uses less hands and more feet than the other versions be the one to drop 'football' as it's descriptive title?

Spock wouldn't like the lack of logic in the request.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2