The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeGale vs Groves 2

+8
azania
eddyfightfan
88Chris05
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Liam_Main
Imperial Ghosty
Fists of Fury
KO-KING
12 posters

Go down

Who wins Rematch at this point

DeGale vs Groves 2 Vote_lcap71%DeGale vs Groves 2 Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 24 ]
DeGale vs Groves 2 Vote_lcap29%DeGale vs Groves 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 34

DeGale vs Groves 2 Empty DeGale vs Groves 2

Post by KO-KING Mon May 23, 2011 12:39 am

Who wins.

I was a neutral, I had the fight 115-113 For DeGale , crowd and comentary was very biased in favour of groves.
No robbery- some close rounds- but at most i could see a draw for groves.

Rematch at this point I see DeGale having a higher work rate and winning more Convincingly, 116-112

Last edited by KO-KING on Mon May 23, 2011 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

DeGale vs Groves 2 Empty Re: DeGale vs Groves 2

Post by Fists of Fury Mon May 23, 2011 12:41 am

God are you still on about this. Jim Watt had his tongue up Degales rear for the entire fight, so not sure what commentary you listened to. And the crows were pro-Groves because Degale is a twerp...

Your scoring is horrendous, no more than 1 point in that fight either way. I had Groves by a point.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Mon May 23, 2011 12:45 am

Fists of Fury wrote:God are you still on about this. Jim Watt had his tongue up Degales rear for the entire fight, so not sure what commentary you listened to. And the crows were pro-Groves because Degale is a twerp...

Your scoring is horrendous, no more than 1 point in that fight either way. I had Groves by a point.
Meant to put 115-113, The commentary was clearly in favour of Groves, They wont even Mentioning DeGale's punches, and the guy that was with watt was in love with groves, watt was neutral

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon May 23, 2011 12:49 am

KO-KING wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:God are you still on about this. Jim Watt had his tongue up Degales rear for the entire fight, so not sure what commentary you listened to. And the crows were pro-Groves because Degale is a twerp...

Meant to put 115-113, The commentary was clearly in favour of Groves, They wont even Mentioning DeGale's punches, and the guy that was with watt was in love with groves, watt was neutral

Have you not thought that the reasoning behind this is because Degale's slaps were of no consequence for the most part, and Groves did the cleaner work?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon May 23, 2011 12:51 am

The commentary couldn't have been more biased in Degales favour, completely ignoring the majority of punches that Groves landed, not sure what fight commentary you were listening to.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon May 23, 2011 12:52 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:The commentary couldn't have been more biased in Degales favour, completely ignoring the majority of punches that Groves landed, not sure what fight commentary you were listening to.

Spot on, Ghosty. Sky and it's pundits were disgracefully one sided towards Degale. Great to see them eat their words.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 23, 2011 1:01 am

Fists of Fury wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:The commentary couldn't have been more biased in Degales favour, completely ignoring the majority of punches that Groves landed, not sure what fight commentary you were listening to.

Spot on, Ghosty. Sky and it's pundits were disgracefully one sided towards Degale. Great to see them eat their words.

Cough*Johnny Nelson*Cough
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon May 23, 2011 1:06 am

I had it 115-114 to DeGale. Had Groves in front by a point after the 10th, but though DeGale won the last two rounds and therefore the fight.

Commentarywas slightly pro DeGale but not as bad as some are making out.

Would like to see a rematch, not immediately though - maybe in 2 years when they've cut their teeth at a higher level.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon May 23, 2011 1:10 am

Have to agree with Ghosty, Liam and KO King; there was bias in the commentary (and, at times, from the fellas in the studio) last night, but it was in favour of DeGale, not Groves. Nelson just didn't want to give Groves any credit at all. Even in the aftermath he couldn't wait to jump on Warren's 'Groves didn't win it, DeGale lost it' band wagon.

As for a potential rematch, well last night has fully convinced me that Groves simply has DeGale's number. While I thought 'Chunky' would take it last night, I've said all along that Groves is clearly under his skin and in his head. He's got the wood on DeGale and I'm yet to be convinced of DeGale's mental strength - last night isn't going to do him any favours there if they meet again.

Groves to decision DeGale again should they meet in the future.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon May 23, 2011 1:12 am

i think groves took the 11th and ended the 12th well enough to share it. i also had groves 1 point infront at the 10th.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Mon May 23, 2011 2:29 am

Nelson was in bias of DeGale, so was the studio, but the guy with jim watt (can't remember the name of him) was in favour of groves.

The thread is about who do you think wins the rematch it it happens not about first fight.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 23, 2011 3:48 am

Groves will win a rematch simply because he is more varied. He seems to be able to change his style mid-fight and as such will confuse and frustrate degale. Or Groves just has his number.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 23, 2011 4:34 am

azania wrote:Groves will win a rematch simply because he is more varied. He seems to be able to change his style mid-fight and as such will confuse and frustrate degale. Or Groves just has his number.

I don't think Groves has his number I think it's just that Degale struggled to work out Groves. Degale wasn't sure what too do next and his corner certainly weren't helping him much. Degale didn't adapt till the mid to late rounds which cost him. I think with if Degale was with a different trainer and studied Groves and worked out a game plan and a plan b that Degale would of won. Bright future still though but needs to work on adapting too tricky opponents.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 23, 2011 4:38 am

I now know why Degale on ringside a few months back was begging for Groves to brawl.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by callan Mon May 23, 2011 4:49 am

If Degale does not get a grip on his attitude and especially his hate for Groves and does not change camps and lose the back slappers then Groves wins a rematch. Both are young and have a lot of work to do but i think Groves has his feet more on the ground compared to Degale. Speaking to a friend who boxed for Dale youth for 14 years he said all this hate stems from Groves beating degale as amateur because Degale was like a god in the gym until that day. After that Degale could not cope with losing his god like status and its resulted in a very very weird obsession with Groves.He needs to lose this attitude that thinks he is currently one best in world because i think he is over confident and to many people like to hype him up which could prove his downfall. Warren said it last night that he hoped this defeat would get rid some the back slappers from him. He needs people pointing out he is weak at this and that so lets work on these things instead of people saying 'your great,your best in world your perfect'
callan
callan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon May 23, 2011 5:12 am

The thing that worried me about Groves was that he looked physically weaker and not able to stand up to a full super middleweight, but he is young and still growing so I'd give him the edge in the rematch. Booth seemed very aware that there are still flaws to be worked out.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 23, 2011 5:18 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:The thing that worried me about Groves was that he looked physically weaker and not able to stand up to a full super middleweight, but he is young and still growing so I'd give him the edge in the rematch. Booth seemed very aware that there are still flaws to be worked out.

No better trainer in Britain too work on the flaws then Adam Booth. Best trainer in Britain easily. Just look what he's done with David Haye.

Last edited by Liam_Main on Mon May 23, 2011 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon May 23, 2011 5:26 am

Arguably true (Froch's trainer deserves a shout) but Groves and Haye both seem uncomfortable when they need to stand and trade. Sure if they can go the full fight without getting too much that's great, but sometimes they look a little delicate when it comes to incoming punishment.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 23, 2011 5:31 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Arguably true (Froch's trainer deserves a shout) but Groves and Haye both seem uncomfortable when they need to stand and trade. Sure if they can go the full fight without getting too much that's great, but sometimes they look a little delicate when it comes to incoming punishment.

Groves looked poor standing and trading against Kenny Anderson. But against Degale he seemed to deal with it alot well at times coming out better when they were standing and trading. Just shows how much he's coming on. David Haye yes I would agree on but if Adam Booth has worked and improved on it with Groves he can surely do the same with Haye.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 23, 2011 5:38 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:The thing that worried me about Groves was that he looked physically weaker and not able to stand up to a full super middleweight, but he is young and still growing so I'd give him the edge in the rematch. Booth seemed very aware that there are still flaws to be worked out.

That's the problem I also see. GG seems a small SMW and looking at his physique, I reckon he can go down to MW. It@ll be interesting to know their respective ring weights. GG also looked very small against Anderson.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 23, 2011 5:41 am

Liam_Main wrote:
azania wrote:Groves will win a rematch simply because he is more varied. He seems to be able to change his style mid-fight and as such will confuse and frustrate degale. Or Groves just has his number.

I don't think Groves has his number I think it's just that Degale struggled to work out Groves. Degale wasn't sure what too do next and his corner certainly weren't helping him much. Degale didn't adapt till the mid to late rounds which cost him. I think with if Degale was with a different trainer and studied Groves and worked out a game plan and a plan b that Degale would of won. Bright future still though but needs to work on adapting too tricky opponents.

JDG appears to be better skilled. But he lacks th eintelligence to apply it when needed. I'm not saying it based on this fight only. He likes it when the opponent stands there to be hit. That way he uses his slick skills. But if he has to chase the fight, he looks worse that Eubank. Out of his comfort zone. GG can do either. Box on the front and back foot. He is also more intelligent and can listen and adapt to the corner's advice.

In any re-match, I'd still pick GG because he is too varied for JDG.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 23, 2011 5:50 am

azania wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:

JDG appears to be better skilled. But he lacks th eintelligence to apply it when needed. I'm not saying it based on this fight only. He likes it when the opponent stands there to be hit. That way he uses his slick skills. But if he has to chase the fight, he looks worse that Eubank. Out of his comfort zone. GG can do either. Box on the front and back foot. He is also more intelligent and can listen and adapt to the corner's advice.

In any re-match, I'd still pick GG because he is too varied for JDG.

In a rematch I really don't know who I would pick too win.

JDG case is that he through the fight away if he hadn't of paniced at the start he would of won the fight. If the fought more on the inside and used his uppercut it could of been alot different.

GG case is that he varies to different styles and could possibly cope with a plan B by Degale in a rematch. His head movement is now alot improved and Degale would struggle to get his punches off.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon May 23, 2011 5:54 am

Thing that people are missing with this idea that Degale threw the fight away is how Groves would have reacted to him doing different things, Booth isn't going to have just come up with a Plan A they would have considered how Degale could counteract it and come up with plans for that too. Groves won the fight and it's so disrespectful to him to keep suggesting that it was more a case of Degale losing, it was not.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon May 23, 2011 5:58 am

I have alot of respect for Groves he fought brilliantly and fully deserved the victory. I just think that the corner and Degale didn't expect Groves too box as well as he did them leading too not have a 2nd plan on how too beat him. I think it could of been different if they did but then again I could be wrong as Groves apapts well. A rematch is the only way we'll find it.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 23, 2011 6:17 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Thing that people are missing with this idea that Degale threw the fight away is how Groves would have reacted to him doing different things, Booth isn't going to have just come up with a Plan A they would have considered how Degale could counteract it and come up with plans for that too. Groves won the fight and it's so disrespectful to him to keep suggesting that it was more a case of Degale losing, it was not.

Great post. Groves won because he negated JDG's strengths. I believe if James had been more aggressive, GG would have had an alternative and countered that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Mon May 23, 2011 10:08 pm

DeGale needs to change trainers, If he stays in the UK i think he should go with Shannon or Robert McCracken. I personally think Mayweather snr Will be a good match for DeGale

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon May 23, 2011 10:13 pm

KO-KING wrote:DeGale needs to change trainers, If he stays in the UK i think he should go with Shannon or Robert McCracken. I personally think Mayweather snr Will be a good match for DeGale

Oh dear god, no. We could all do without seeing that buffoon on a more regular basis. Must admit he does make me laugh now and again with his sheer madness, though..

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon May 23, 2011 10:15 pm

KO-KING wrote:Who wins.

I was a neutral, I had the fight 115-113 For DeGale , crowd and comentary was very biased in favour of groves.
No robbery- some close rounds- but at most i could see a draw for groves.

Rematch at this point I see DeGale having a higher work rate and winning more Convincingly, 116-112

We didn't have crowd or commentary as the cable from laptop to screen didn't carry audio... I had Groves by one round, think out of the 10 of us left after cricket 8 had Groves and only 2 had Degale....

Extremely close fight and don't think anyone i was with had more than 2 points in it. Felt Degale was too quiet and was getting outlanded with the more eye-catching punches until the champ rounds when he won started to press the action a bit more.

Serves the arrogant woshpot twit right!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue May 24, 2011 12:00 am

Fists of Fury wrote:
KO-KING wrote:DeGale needs to change trainers, If he stays in the UK i think he should go with Shannon or Robert McCracken. I personally think Mayweather snr Will be a good match for DeGale

Oh dear god, no. We could all do without seeing that buffoon on a more regular basis. Must admit he does make me laugh now and again with his sheer madness, though..

Dont like him as a person, but still a great trainer

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Phenom Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

Personally I thought Degale won the fight although considering how close it was it could of gone either way. Groves came to spoil a bit, staying on the back foot nor really throwing any authoritive shots. Degale landed the more precise and powerfull shots and was walking groves down towards the end. However Degales reluctance to throw any combinations in the first 4 rounds cost him the fight.

I still think Degale will go on to have the more successfull career and would favour him in a rematch.

I do like Groves but nearly every fight I have seen him in he gets wobbled. I think he will get stopped at some stage when he makes the step up to world level.

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue May 24, 2011 1:44 am

The_Phenom wrote:Personally I thought Degale won the fight although considering how close it was it could of gone either way. Groves came to spoil a bit, staying on the back foot nor really throwing any authoritive shots. Degale landed the more precise and powerfull shots and was walking groves down towards the end. However Degales reluctance to throw any combinations in the first 4 rounds cost him the fight.

I still think Degale will go on to have the more successfull career and would favour him in a rematch.

I do like Groves but nearly every fight I have seen him in he gets wobbled. I think he will get stopped at some stage when he makes the step up to world level.
This

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down