The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gym partners - yay, or nay?

4 posters

Go down

Gym partners - yay, or nay? Empty Gym partners - yay, or nay?

Post by kingraf Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:36 pm

So I've been working out for a while - not Truss long, but I been training seriously for about four years - learned what I like what I don't like.

The one thing I've remained undecided on is gym buddies. I've had a few, normally guys who were starting out, or were in awe of my Godlike (on a good day, with trick lighting) physique. It's just never worked out - either my routines were too hardcore, my hours were to ridiculous, or they simply faded away. I generally get along with most of the regulars at the gym, and will ask one to help spot me when I feel the need arises, but I don't have a genuine gym partner. Normally dont care for this, but I've plateaud, and feel I need someone to push me, in the competitive sense. It may be time for me to call on someone larger than myself and take him on - I just don't have the energy for people standing me up, or quitting on me. Anyone have a regular gym partner? Good? Bad? Whatevs?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Gym partners - yay, or nay? Empty Re: Gym partners - yay, or nay?

Post by AdamT Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 am

I would rather train alone, dont need spots or someone to shout at me.

I always push myself to the limit. I would rather not talk to anyone. Get into the Gym train hard and leave in an hour.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:28 pm

It totally depends on their attitude. I find myself working harder if someone is there to spot and motivate me, but if they are lazy and not pushing themselves it hardly inspires me.

Just need to find someone on the same wave length as you.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:21 am

Thanks for the responses lads - for now I'm going it alone, being on a high volume program, I'd have no takers in any case - but defo something to look at in future
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Nay..........I always prefer to listen to my body when it's time for my next set.......Anytime I've used partners they are either too slow or too fast between sets...

Always grab a spot off somebody and that's what I do.....

Works for some.......Not for me......

If you need motivating.....Take up something else.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Nay..........I always prefer to listen to my body when it's time for my next set.......Anytime I've used partners they are either too slow or too fast between sets...

Always grab a spot off somebody and that's what I do.....

Works for some.......Not for me......

If you need motivating.....Take up something else.

Agree fully! I actually love training alone plus if I attempt a big lift there will usually be somebody in the gym to cheer me on (not that i need it)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down