The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

5 posters

Go down

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Empty Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 24 Mar 2014 - 14:05

Anybody been watching this on E4? I reckon its quite funny.

I've downloaded at whole 1st series (apart fromn the last episode which airs tomorrow) and in the process of watching them now.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Empty Re: Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Post by Brys Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 14:45

Yeah I watch, I didn't think I would enjoy it at all but I have to say its been the best of the freshman American comedies I've seen so far. I haven't managed to see either "About a Boy" or "Growing Up Fisher" yet though. Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 15:12

Me cousin told me to watch it. He told me Joe Lo Truglio was init, I think he's quite funny so I thought I give it a chance. Just watched half of series and looking forward to sticking some more on when I get home later.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 18:15

Yeah I've found it funnier than I expected. Tbh from watching Hotrod and listening to Lonely Island I expected samberg to be the funniest one but I find myself laughing more at Terry Crews and Joe Lo Truglio

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 19:46

Suprised at some of the comments.

I have tried to watch 2 episodes and have failed to laugh or even smirk. Does nothing for me.

rules of engagement makes me giggle as does Happy endings

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 19:56

The thing that worried me was a full half hour of Samberg and that it would get old fast and I've been very much surprised though very much helped from a great supporting cast. Special mentions to Andre Braugher, Terry Crews and Joe Lo Truglio in that department.

Rules of Engagement never really did anything for me, was just the same stale setup as 1001 other comedies except with less interesting characters and poorer writing. I enjoyed Happy Endings but again it suffered from support cast issues with about half its group setup. Still a good show that seemed to let a big hike in its ratings (thought it was the new Friends) from the second season go to its head resulting in sloppy character progression and poor writing.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 20:32

I find these dime a dozen American comedies have the same formula for most shows.

HIMYM and Rules of engagement pretty much relies on 4 normal funny friends and 1 crazy friend.

1 comedy I miss that did not take off here in Britain was King of Queens.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 20:57

I've seen all of King of Queens, good show and had a lot to do with some very good supporting cast around the two central characters. I actually think the weakest part of that show was Leah Remini who I found never really brought anything to the show.

One of the main differences for me with the HIMYM and RoE comparison is while they are very alike in there setup HIMYM just does everything that bit better. Its one of the reasons Friends did so well you had some very smart writing though nothing ground breaking, what they did extremely well was character development. You essentially had good character progression for all 6 characters that was kept at a steady piece where each of the 6 had their own brand of comedy they brought to the table, resulting in strong characters across the board (even if Pheobe was the weakest in this regards). Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 21:09

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I find these dime a dozen American comedies have the same formula for most shows.

HIMYM and Rules of engagement pretty much relies on 4 normal funny friends and 1 crazy friend.

1 comedy I miss that did not take off here in Britain was King of Queens.

They show it on Comedy Central Xtra.  thumbsup 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 26 Mar 2014 - 14:08

I hate King of Queens, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and now Two and a Half Men (its gone proper cack).

Am not a fan of american sitcoms, so it is a little bit strange that I like this. But this sort of reminds me of The Office so that could be why.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 11:17

ive been enjoying this, think sometimes you have to stick with few American comedies.

started watching arrested development on netflix, that's well worth a watch.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down