The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CM Punk - Best In The World Documentary

2 posters

Go down

CM Punk - Best In The World Documentary Empty CM Punk - Best In The World Documentary

Post by poc.sco Fri 21 Mar 2014, 9:52 am

Not been a massive follower of the WWE for a number of years now but watched this last night and given the issues and situation currently with Punk and the WWE it made for some great viewing.

Now I get how he was a Paul Heyman guy as before I never really understood apart from the readings on the dirt sheets, but it was the backstage politics taht really made me realise.  Many within the comapny didnt want to give him a chance but Heyman saw something many others didnt for a long time.

For me it also showed Punk loves the business, how he is portrait on screen, how storylines are playing out with his involvement and is not affraid to say when things are going down the pan.  The flip side was alot of people saying he could be quite huffy to when it came to things but that was just CM Punk in there eyes.

So it got me thinking that the WWE know there was a chance one day he could just walk given what happened leading up to his chicago championship win and only signing mid-way through the PPV and his apparant moody streak he had when it came to his character.  He may have tried to pitch another angle/ storyline to creative, which was rejected given the changes taht have taken place in the last couple of years and he didnt have Vince over a barrel as in 2011.

I do realise most will have seen the dvd/ blu-ray be interesting to hear your thoughts on it and comaprisons to the current situation given the content.

poc.sco

Back to top Go down

CM Punk - Best In The World Documentary Empty Re: CM Punk - Best In The World Documentary

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 21 Mar 2014, 4:53 pm

Heyman's role is completely overrated in my opinion, I think Punk himself was a bit of a Heyman mark when he was younger so the fact he calls himself "a Paul Heyman Guy" is more to do with his love of the old ECW in the late 90s.

I also don't buy that Heyman saw something in Punk that no-one else did, Heyman was a big fan of CM Punk's work in Ring of Honor, thats how he knew Punk had the talent, its not likr he just had a gut feeking, he saw exactly what Punk could do, interestinyly enough though, Punk is best known in RoH for the whole 'Summer of Punk' angle yet WWE had already made provisions to sign him prior to that brilliant angle, so there was people within WWE who did rate him and did have faith in him long before Paul Heyman wanted to use him.

No doubt that Heyman when he had the opportunity wanted to use him, he did have faith in him but I dont think its this marriage made in heaven that both of them shout it to be, Punk is one of the biggest names in Pro Wrestling, would he have been any higher on the rung if WWE let Heyman use him as he wished back in 2006?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down