The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODS should have YELLOW and RED Cards

+13
Scrumpy
Ozzy3213
Notch
Scratch
SecretFly
Biltong
HammerofThunor
Cyril
Knowsit17
doctor_grey
quinsforever
nathan
No9
17 posters

Go down

MODS should have YELLOW and RED Cards Empty MODS should have YELLOW and RED Cards

Post by No9 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 6:43 pm

Sorry to create a new thread here, but its an idea I have that the Mods may find useful and maybe able to adopt...

Why don't you put up a Sticky post, entitled WARNINGS or something of that hilt..

Perhaps it can be LOCKED to stop abuse, but the Mods should be able to post POSTERS names with Warnings, where 3 warnings in one game (say 1 week) would see a YELLOW card issued and hence a SIN BINNING (say 1 week ban) and consistent offending would see a RED (lifetime ban).

This way, like in the game we all love, there is no ambiguity, if your Name is Warned or you get a CARD then you know exactly why and take the punishment like a man.

Just a thought...

No9

Back to top Go down

MODS should have YELLOW and RED Cards Empty Re: MODS should have YELLOW and RED Cards

Post by nathan Thu 13 Mar 2014, 6:44 pm

Not a bad idea, would the mods have enough time to implement and keep on top of it?

nathan

Back to top Go down

MODS should have YELLOW and RED Cards Empty Re: MODS should have YELLOW and RED Cards

Post by quinsforever Thu 13 Mar 2014, 6:48 pm

main problem with it i see is just like scrums...everyone will try to get their opposition penalised...

reporting of posts will skyrocket as everyone tries to get certain people removed...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 13 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm

Electroshock. Attached to the groin.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:00 pm

Think this is more or less the way it happens already, is it not? I'm sure some posters have been suspended temporarily and not permanently. In fact the mods, for the most part, only take on a harsh tone and turn to suspensions when the poster concerned has been warned profusely, on multiple occasions.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:01 pm

GE has been quiet recently.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:02 pm

How do you know they don't have a system we can't see? Or is this a name and shame thing? Moderators should discuss amongst themselves so they know what's going on when they aren't around but I see no need to publish the information. I can only see it use for further wumming.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:04 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:How do you know they don't have a system we can't see? Or is this a name and shame thing? Moderators should discuss amongst themselves so they know what's going on when they aren't around but I see no need to publish the information. I can only see it use for further wumming.

Spot on mate.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:08 pm

Cyril wrote:GE has been quiet recently.
he got too far ahead in the 6N prediction challenge thing so got banned Wink

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Mar 2014, 7:58 pm

I'd prefer a Prison.  A 606 prison.  Where offenders would be still able to post but would be placed behind a cyber wall where the lawful civilians can ignore them.

They'd get a sentence.  They'd serve the sentence and the place would soon fill up with fellow Wums or what have you.  And they'd slowly go nuts as they have to Wum only to each other for the duration of their sentence.

When they get out, they might have done enough wumming to kill off their addiction to it.  They might come out as reformed characters that have found religion and want to preach nothing but peace, love and.... and free love.

Oh yeah, and sympathetic 606ers can go visit them for a specific period during the day to see how they are getting on and to pass them contraband and razor blades and things.

Yes?????????

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:01 pm

I think we should have a WUM thread running, we've all done it, let's have some fun with it with the rule that it is just that , fun, and thin skins get left at the door. We can have a 6 Nations and Four Nations thread with us judging theirs and them judging ours

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:06 pm

SecretFly wrote:I'd prefer a Prison.  A 606 prison.  Where offenders would be still able to post but would be placed behind a cyber wall where the lawful civilians can ignore them.

They'd get a sentence.  They'd serve the sentence and the place would soon fill up with fellow Wums or what have you.  And they'd slowly go nuts as they have to Wum only to each other for the duration of their sentence.

When they get out, they might have done enough wumming to kill off their addiction to it.  They might come out as reformed characters that have found religion and want to preach nothing but peace, love and.... and free love.

Oh yeah, and sympathetic 606ers can go visit them for a specific period during the day to see how they are getting on and to pass them contraband and razor blades and things.

Yes?????????

But then, in the same way that some people claim real prisons produce rather than rehabilitate criminals, it might be said that threads devoted to wummery will only produce wums as opposed to good posters. Stigmatisation, 606's very own self-fulfilling prophecy...

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:11 pm

People get annoyed because they can't see that we actually do all of this, its just not public. Then they get annoyed because they can't read our PMs to other users and they don't know if we ban someone so they think they are the only one getting talked to... exceptionally rare that only one poster gets talked to.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:12 pm

No9 wrote:Sorry to create a new thread here, but its an idea I have that the Mods may find useful and maybe able to adopt...

Why don't you put up a Sticky post, entitled WARNINGS or something of that hilt..

Perhaps it can be LOCKED to stop abuse, but the Mods should be able to post POSTERS names with Warnings, where 3 warnings in one game (say 1 week) would see a YELLOW card issued and hence a SIN BINNING (say 1 week ban) and consistent offending would see a RED (lifetime ban).

This way, like in the game we all love, there is no ambiguity, if your Name is Warned or you get a CARD then you know exactly why and take the punishment like a man.

Just a thought...

How about this as an alternative?

All those who generally behave like children and find themselves unable to debate a point without resorting to childish insults simply grow the feck up and myself and the rest of the moderation team can get back to spending the majority of our time posting as part of the discussion on threads as opposed to sorting out petty squabbles.

#justathought
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:20 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'd prefer a Prison.  A 606 prison.  Where offenders would be still able to post but would be placed behind a cyber wall where the lawful civilians can ignore them.

Yes?????????

But then, in the same way that some people claim real prisons produce rather than rehabilitate criminals, it might be said that threads devoted to wummery will only produce wums as opposed to good posters. Stigmatisation, 606's very own self-fulfilling prophecy...

Yeah...well, I'd certainly break in Wink I'd play the Steve McQueeen role of the baseball man who could easily escape but who kinda likes the nutcases in the Wummery and keeps Wumming just to be put back in.... baseball glove and ball thrown into his comfy cell to keep him company.

"Is that you GE? - Yeah, I'm back.  So finish that story about the norovirus conspiracy theory that you were detailing the last time"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:30 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:
No9 wrote:Sorry to create a new thread here, but its an idea I have that the Mods may find useful and maybe able to adopt...

Just a thought...

All those who generally behave like children and find themselves unable to debate a point without resorting to childish insults simply grow the feck up and myself and the rest of the moderation team can get back to spending the majority of our time posting as part of the discussion on threads as opposed to sorting out petty squabbles.

#justathought

Well said, some people really need to look at themselfs and ask why they are trying to get some people banned for no reason at all, just because they don't like what they are reading!

Very childish. And not in the spirit of our great game.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:36 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:the moderation team can get back to spending the majority of our time posting as part of the discussion on threads as opposed to sorting out petty squabbles.

#justathought

Now that's the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. Childish insults yes... but also childish reactions to junk that can be easily ignored most of the time.  Mild stuff escalated because people can't seem to simply ignore stuff that irritates them.
Deep personal insults I'd throw the book at, I wouldn't defend those guys.  But some people do have a very sensitive nature even when the chat remains on rugby itself.  
"Don't say my team didn't play well in the first half!".
"Take that back what you said about our Flyhalf!"
"We could have won it if the ref wasn't on your side so stop wumming by saying we wouldn't have!"

None of that kinda stuff should ever involve a Mod..but some posters do choose to involved Mods on such occasions

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:37 pm

you the moderating team are too nice.

ban first, ask questions later.

auto-bans for anyone over-using the "report" button as that must be a royal pain in the behind for moderators. nobody likes a whiner.

and obviously, automatic 6N and RWC ban for ******* will keep banter more civil on all sides. (am available to fill in the blanks via PM Smile)

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:38 pm

and what about posters publicly calling for the banning of fellow 606ers, the lowest of the low, hanging's too good for them.  Very Happy 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:39 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:

Just a thought...

#justathought
we can only dream, eh mate?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:44 pm

Dreams of a rugby forum utopia biltong  Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:45 pm

Utopia, agh, I have heard of it once before, I do believe it is a myth though.  Crying or Very sad 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:45 pm

Scratch wrote:and what about posters publicly calling for the banning of fellow 606ers, the lowest of the low, hanging's too good for them.  Very Happy 
you i suggested should be banned, in the interests of the greater good, peace, love and harmony, and in exchange i volunteered to take the same ban. it's utilitarianism.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:53 pm

Better idea still.  Turn everyone into a Mod.... with the powers to ban.  Within a week (or less!!!) there wouldn't be a member left to post a blessed thing in here.  

Maybe then members would get the idea that in order for this place to function, you have to respect everyone else's opinion - whether you agree with them or not!  
If you want your thoughts respected, you have to soak up opposing ones.  You don't always have all the right answers!  (Some of us do, but not all of you Wink)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:54 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Scratch wrote:and what about posters publicly calling for the banning of fellow 606ers, the lowest of the low, hanging's too good for them.  Very Happy 
you i suggested should be banned, in the interests of the greater good, peace, love and harmony, and in exchange i volunteered to take the same ban. it's utilitarianism.

no, that's martyrdom.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Thu 13 Mar 2014, 8:55 pm

Biltong wrote:Utopia, agh, I have heard of it once before, I do believe it is a myth though.  Crying or Very sad 

god this board would be sooooo dull

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:12 pm

Scratch wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

no, that's martyrdom.
it's not life and death on an internet forum scratch old boy. chin up Smile

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:14 pm

I think Monday should be a free for all day. No moderation. Tue-Sun can be very civilised.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:15 pm

Sod off,wummer I say.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:16 pm

forget your medication there taff?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:20 pm

quinsforever wrote:forget your medication there taff?
Just quoting the immortal bard who seems to have a NZ 7 jersey on Rolling Eyes 

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm

Ok... take it all back...

I can usually ignore the WUMs, but this week every post has been corrupted by crud posted by the same culprits.

I feel for the MODs having to scold the culprits like little children, and it must be difficult in checking every threat/post for the inflammatory comments. Therefore I just thought this would allow the MODs one single thread to "show the Yellow/Red" card without trawling threads after threads for repeat offences as the warnings would be visible in one place.

Anyway, was only an idea, but seems not a popular one... So just forget it...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:49 pm

Mate don't take life so seriously!

This is meant to be a fun place to be for rugby fans, rugby fans have a thing called banter, no really it happens at games too in the stands.

Nothing nasty or offensive you 'understand' but it helps to make the day shorter and life sweeter  Very Happy
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 13 Mar 2014, 9:59 pm

censored
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 13 Mar 2014, 11:21 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:Sod off,wummer I say.

Well said Taff. Why pull your punches? Also like SF's idea of WUM prison - take the point it might produce super Wummers though as (for example) GE reaches down to pick up the metaphorical soap, becomes brutalised and even more prolific.

We must all secretly like the wums though don't you think? It gets tiresome sometimes but does keep things interesting around here - particularly as (most of) the wums gradually adapt to the tide of indignation against them.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 13 Mar 2014, 11:36 pm

Problem with wum prison is the wummers will come out even tougher than what they think they are now.  Shocked 

They might start beating up the Warden.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 13 Mar 2014, 11:41 pm

The wardens are always the worst though.. (present company accepted of course  Wink

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 13 Mar 2014, 11:43 pm

*excepted?

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 14 Mar 2014, 2:15 am

quinsforever wrote:
Scratch wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

no, that's martyrdom.
it's not life and death on an internet forum scratch old boy. chin up Smile

so why all the 'i'll take one for the team i'm a hero' melodrama  Laugh 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY&feature=kp

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 14 Mar 2014, 9:52 am

me...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120604080057/marvel_dc/images/8/87/LEGO_Batman.jpg

scratch...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HVpJhd9FZaY/TwXgXPLjVUI/AAAAAAAAAPY/m61nvXxX_ig/s1600/LegoBatman171008_450x425.jpg

Yahoo 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:05 am

Who Mods the Mods?

That George Carlin boy has been a right meanie since he became a Mod. I reckon the power has gone to his head!

That or he's super grumpy coz his wee buba keeps him awake at night!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:09 am

tigertattie wrote:Who Mods the Mods?

That George Carlin boy has been a right meanie since he became a Mod. I reckon the power has gone to his head!

That or he's super grumpy coz his wee buba keeps him awake at night!

We have mods, then Mods, then THE MOD, and then the BIG BOSS.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:11 am

indeed. it's a question from time immemorial

"quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:19 am

quinsforever wrote:indeed. it's a question from time immemorial

We are pitted against each other, we receive credits for splitting on each other. They're worth nothing, but it is nice to be in the good books of the big boss.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:21 am

Laugh sounds like something from a tarantino movie

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:24 am

quinsforever wrote:Laugh sounds like something from a tarantino movie

It hasn't been confirmed, but we think the BIG BOSS is Tarantino.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 14 Mar 2014, 5:09 pm

quinsforever wrote:indeed. it's a question from time immemorial

why custard isn't custard? true dat.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 14 Mar 2014, 5:11 pm

quinsforever wrote:me...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120604080057/marvel_dc/images/8/87/LEGO_Batman.jpg

scratch...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HVpJhd9FZaY/TwXgXPLjVUI/AAAAAAAAAPY/m61nvXxX_ig/s1600/LegoBatman171008_450x425.jpg

Yahoo 

Scratch

http://stwww.geekexchange.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/arnold-terminator-almostdidnotstar.jpg

Quins

http://media.web.britannica.com/eb-media/55/28355-004-64219017.jpg

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down