The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardew Banned For 7 Games

5 posters

Go down

Pardew Banned For 7 Games Empty Pardew Banned For 7 Games

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:27 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26422989

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has been banned by the FA for 7 games for headbutting David Meyler of Hull City. The first 3 games will see him banned from the stadium completely, with the final 4 being a touchline ban. He has also been fined £60k.

What do you think? Too lenient? Too harsh? Just right?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Pardew Banned For 7 Games Empty Re: Pardew Banned For 7 Games

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:33 am

I'm a Newcastle fan, not too bothered about this. It won't affect the team that much him not being there. He deserves the ban, the fine & people should move on. Hopefully he comes back next season a more calmer & controlled manager, that's if Ashley hasn't sacked him by then  Laugh 

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:16 pm

I hear that the FA have come up with a radical method for solving the Alan Pardew problem.   They are to insist that in future, he must wear a vet-style cone to protect opposition players and  match officials from unprovoked attacks.

The FA had previously wanted to trial the idea on Tony Pulis, but he left Stoke City and it was shelved in the hope he would drift out of football completely.  He has since resurfaced in Croydon and the FA were only awaiting an opportune moment to raise the idea again, but Pulis's involvement has now been overtaken by events.

The FA explained:  "We have adapted a cone usually used on Pitbulls and Rottweilers that should prevent him being able to move his head too close to anyone during a match, whilst still allowing him to see play if he sits in the dugout and leans forward.  The cone will prevent him head butting or savaging anyone with his teeth.”

“We are also considering developing an electrified collar which will give him a mild shock whenever he steps out of his technical area.   This should do the trick, we think.”

The League Managers Association said they had initially had concerns about these measures, but given Pardew's long record of touchline indiscipline, the cone and collar seemed like a reasonable resolution to the issue.

The LMA representative went on:  “Some may feel the FA should have discussed the matter with a psychologist rather than a vet, but animal welfare professionals treat overly aggressive animals every day and are good at dealing with them.”

“One suggestion was castration, which is known to render the subject much more docile but Mrs Pardew put up significant opposition to this, so regrettably we had to drop that idea.”

Last edited by The Fourth Lion on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:57 am; edited 2 times in total
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:57 pm

He reacted like a player, Joe Hart has done the same thing pretty much yesterday. I think the punishment from the FA was fair to harsh, the real punishment will be if Pardew's players react to his authority any differently

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Its funny- a deserved punishment i suppose..

I expected a 6-9 game ban. So its in the range.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:He reacted like a player, Joe Hart has done the same thing pretty much yesterday. I think the punishment from the FA was fair to harsh, the real punishment will be if Pardew's players react to his authority any differently

Managers are in a special zone, somewhere between fans and players. We all know the laws that apply to fans and staff in a football ground do not apply to players.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:05 am

Indeed, thats why the ban fits for me, if a little harsh.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down