The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And to make it worse...we (Wales) now have to cheer on the Irish against France

+30
Feckless Rogue
jimmyinthewell68
LondonTiger
Monkeyan
whocares
Duty281
SecretFly
doctor_grey
tazfalklands
Pot Hale
quinsforever
englandglory4ever
Tattie Scones RRN
Mickado
Geordie
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Breadvan
Biltong
Scratch
Scrumpy
Cyril
nobbled
Nematode
HammerofThunor
westisbest
welshy824 (new)
GloriousEmpire
BlueNote
majesticimperialman
Steffan
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

And to make it worse...we (Wales) now have to cheer on the Irish against France Empty And to make it worse...we (Wales) now have to cheer on the Irish against France

Post by Steffan Sun 09 Mar 2014, 5:36 pm

I just wont feel right cheering on the Irish against France

Part of me knows England deserve the 6N championship I admit that. If they hadnt blown it at the end against the French they would be looking forward to a Grandslam next week (sorry but Italy just aint gonna do it)

While the Irish wanted the Lions to lose after GatlandBodgate and the backlash against Welsh rugby I guess if they did win the 6N we wont have to be subjected to certain 'media campaigns' surrounding the RWC 2015 if England win it

So if your Welsh...not only do you we now have to accept that we have gone backwards...but we lost to our two bitterest rivals and now have to cheer one of them on next week

Now that sucks  Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

And to make it worse...we (Wales) now have to cheer on the Irish against France Empty Re: And to make it worse...we (Wales) now have to cheer on the Irish against France

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 09 Mar 2014, 5:44 pm

You could all ways cheer on England. Right. Hug kiss 

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

And to make it worse...we (Wales) now have to cheer on the Irish against France Empty Re: And to make it worse...we (Wales) now have to cheer on the Irish against France

Post by BlueNote Sun 09 Mar 2014, 5:49 pm

What is worrying is the tactical ineptitude that has been apparent against England and Ireland. Do our coaches have any other ideas? It's not going to get harder for other teams to work out how to deal with our current game plan, or harder to do it. I think we're wasting some good talent with a poor game plan.

We need to look half-back. I think we've seen enough of RP to say he is not the answer, and MP seems to have the old faults without as many of the virtues as when he was at his peak. I think we might have seen Patchell this 6N if he hadn't been injured for the AIs and now the 6N. I'd feel a lot happier taking the field with Gareth Davies/Rhodri Williams and Patchell.

Also we need to stop kicking long and infield all the time, it is not a successful tactic now.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 09 Mar 2014, 5:53 pm

Persistland essentially gave the game away.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Sun 09 Mar 2014, 5:59 pm

ok steffan, I am not in the mood for this, so shut up, next weekend I will be supporting wales, like I always do, apart from that I could not care about the other results, which I will watch in hope of them being good games.

In terms of the overall 6n I would like for Ireland to win so it would be a great send off to the legend that is BOD. You are saying about not supporting Ireland due to a few bitter posters on here, yet you are causing people from other nations to feel the same way towards wales.

Next weekend is potentially very exciting (especially if the weather stays as glorious as it is at the moment). Ireland v france, Ireland wanting to send of BOD in a way in which he deserves, and a flakey French side who somehow seem to keep winning matches despite how poor they are, not to mention they are still in the hunt for the championship.

Then there is Italy v England. Italy have been steadily Improving over the past few seasons with only the English scalp from the 6n remaining. They are also playing at home, and with an England side in the hunt for the 6n championship possibly trying to chase a points difference and getting cocky (unlikely though as bomber seems very calm and down to earth). this has the promise to be a very good game

finally wales v Scotland. Oh what it could have been for wales. But we are now fighting for our self respect and showing we are still a quality side after frankly a disappointing 6N. however we are facing a Scotland side who frankly stole defeat from the jaws of victory against france.

And at the end of it I have a house party for a 21st, so next weekend is looking pretty good, so lets not be bitter and support exciting attacking rugby and show those southern hemisphere teams that us NH teams can play sexy rugby!

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 09 Mar 2014, 6:05 pm

Good post clap

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 09 Mar 2014, 6:23 pm

welshy824 (new) wrote:ok steffan, I am not in the mood for this, so shut up, next weekend I will be supporting wales, like I always do, apart from that I could not care about the other results, which I will watch in hope of them being good games.

In terms of the overall 6n I would like for Ireland to win so it would be a great send off to the legend that is BOD. You are saying about not supporting Ireland due to a few bitter posters on here, yet you are causing people from other nations to feel the same way towards wales.

Next weekend is potentially very exciting (especially if the weather stays as glorious as it is at the moment). Ireland v france, Ireland wanting to send of BOD in a way in which he deserves, and a flakey French side who somehow seem to keep winning matches despite how poor they are, not to mention they are still in the hunt for the championship.

Then there is Italy v England. Italy have been steadily Improving over the past few seasons with only the English scalp from the 6n remaining. They are also playing at home, and with an England side in the hunt for the 6n championship possibly trying to chase a points difference and getting cocky (unlikely though as bomber seems very calm and down to earth). this has the promise to be a very good game

finally wales v Scotland. Oh what it could have been for wales. But we are now fighting for our self respect and showing we are still a quality side after frankly a disappointing 6N. however we are facing a Scotland side who frankly stole defeat from the jaws of victory against france.

And at the end of it I have a house party for a 21st, so next weekend is looking pretty good, so lets not be bitter and support exciting attacking rugby and show those southern hemisphere teams that us NH teams can play sexy rugby!

Welshy

I am English and of course i wan't England to win, But if we don't win if we take Italy game has a given, which i don't think will happen. I don't think that SL would allow the England team, too think like that. But if we don't put enough points on Italy next week i too would like Ireland too win.

If you look at how Ireland, and England have played this year it would be a very sad, sad end to the 6ns if France actualy won it.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 09 Mar 2014, 6:25 pm

I hope Ireland next week, for BOD mainly. I hope we beat Italy by enough to win the championship, but if we don't it's our own fault for losing to France.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Mar 2014, 6:53 pm

I actually want Ireland to win the championship now mainly because its BOD's last 6 Nations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sun 09 Mar 2014, 7:17 pm

I hope Ireland win as to me they have a better team and are more enjoyable to watch.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sun 09 Mar 2014, 8:38 pm

Mixed feelings. Want a decent send off for BOD - my all time favorite player, but a 6 Nations victory is long overdue for England.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 09 Mar 2014, 8:42 pm

Yeah, I'm all for BOD getting a nice round of applause and a whip-round for a pint or two at the bar after the French game, but (as an England fan) I'm not hoping he heads home with the trophy.

Let's not get carried away Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 09 Mar 2014, 8:45 pm

To be fair we won in 2011, they last won in 2009 Smile

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sun 09 Mar 2014, 8:50 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:To be fair we won in 2011, they last won in 2009 Smile

2011!

The forgotten championship! Very Happy 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sun 09 Mar 2014, 8:54 pm

Laugh Yeah, that one does tend to get glossed over somewhat. Even I sometimes forget we won it then.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:43 am

Tough one, i think England deserve it - they beat Ireland and shagged Wales, i think losing week 1 helped them actually but i also think it would be comic book stuff if BOD takes the trophy in Paris. BOD and his mean green machine for me.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 10 Mar 2014, 5:04 am

Ireland has been consistent over a number of years without finishing first, it is their time
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 10 Mar 2014, 7:40 am

Cyril wrote:Yeah, I'm all for BOD getting a nice round of applause and a whip-round for a pint or two at the bar after the French game, but (as an England fan) I'm not hoping he heads home with the trophy.

Let's not get carried away Smile

Laugh  Agree. If...and if we beat Italy then Its berets, string of onions round the neck and drinking lager with a large frothy head for Eng fans for the last game. As long as Fra don't overtake the points difference..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 10 Mar 2014, 7:50 am

Biltong, Ireland got their slam in 2009 and since then haven't really been consistent (as I'm sure any Irish fan will confirm). England have been 2nd in the last 2 years (I think) since their win.

If Ireland beat France (by enough) then they deserve to win. If they don't then they don't.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:05 am

HammerofThunor wrote:Biltong, Ireland got their slam in 2009 and since then haven't really been consistent (as I'm sure any Irish fan will confirm). England have been 2nd in the last 2 years (I think) since their win.

If Ireland beat France (by enough) then they deserve to win. If they don't then they don't.
I am thinking more of the win column, they have consistently won, in fact when I checked they have won only two less games than France and England since the six nations began, way more than Wales, Scotland and Italy, but yet has 1 title.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:12 am

welshy824 (new) wrote:ok steffan, I am not in the mood for this, so shut up, next weekend I will be supporting wales, like I always do, apart from that I could not care about the other results, which I will watch in hope of them being good games.

Agree with all of that except the bit aboutEngland chasing points difference. That would be really err pointless. Ireland have 50 on them, England would have to match Irelands result but with a margin 50 points better to overtake them ...its just not realistic even against Italy. Ditto France catching England ....They might turn Ireland over but the chances of them winning by over 30+ points are ludicrously slim, and every point England were to win by would push that one higher.
Its massively unlikely that either france or England will win this on points difference (ok we said that last year about Wales, but they only needed to turn england over by 13 ...this is far bigger margins). Wales dont come into it since Ireland and France cant both lose.
Whilst Im sure they will want to win by a big margin they wont be chasing taking stupid risks to chase a 60 point win. Getting the result gives them their best hope, then relying on France to start trying again. It really is Irelands to lose here.

Wales vs Scotland is really a side note. Chance for Wales to try out Biggar or Hook perhaps and chance for Johnson to get the fans off his back.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:16 am

Biltong wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:Biltong, Ireland got their slam in 2009 and since then haven't really been consistent (as I'm sure any Irish fan will confirm). England have been 2nd in the last 2 years (I think) since their win.

I am thinking more of the win column, they have consistently won, in fact when I checked they have won only two less games than France and England since the six nations began, way more than Wales, Scotland and Italy, but yet has 1 title.

Agreed. Ireland and England have been the most consistent top teams in the 6 nations, rarely having bad years ...but rarely winning it (or at least post 2003 in Englands case). Scotland and Italy have consistently contested the bottom two places, occasionally challenged by France and Wales.

France and especially Wales seem to be going through boom bust cycles.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:24 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:Persistland essentially gave the game away.

Yeah, nothing to do with England actually playing well... Rolling Eyes 

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 10 Mar 2014, 11:52 am

If England win France will have to beat Ireland by 30 points plus whatever England beat Italy by. So realistically, if France and England win, it's Englands tournament.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 10 Mar 2014, 11:54 am

Mickado wrote:If England win France will have to beat Ireland by 30 points plus whatever England beat Italy by. So realistically, if France and England win, it's Englands tournament.

And realistically if England and Ireland win it's Ireland's. Although it would be interesting if England did beat Italy by 60 points and Ireland had to win by 10 or so, how would it impact on their play. Although if England lose all France need to do is win. Should be a good day Smile

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 10 Mar 2014, 11:56 am

Mickado wrote:If England win France will have to beat Ireland by 30 points plus whatever England beat Italy by. So realistically, if France and England win, it's Englands tournament.

Or to put it simply ...its Irelands title to lose.

The France Ireland game decides where the title goes. Theres a bit of stink about TV time ruining the climax, but really its hugely unlikely anything but the win/loss result of this game will matter.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:01 pm

Everyone seems to think its game over and Ireland have already won it...but France have been so poor that they could come out and put on a display of breathtaking style, skills pace and extravagance and blow ireland out of the water...

The performance they normally save for NZ in the World Cup.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:07 pm

This board could do with a few more like you Welshy. Good post  OK 

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:18 pm

Of course I want France to win. It doesn't mean I support France though. That's a bit weird isn't it!

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm

is this the new anyone but england thread?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Tue 11 Mar 2014, 1:58 am

If England want France to win, then they need to give them a sporting chance. So rather than try and put 60 odd points on Italy, they should seek to just beat Italy by a point or two, thereby encouraging the French to play and post four converted tries and a couple of penalties on Ireland by the 77th minute.

Then it's down to a final nail-biting three minutes and France score a try in the last minute, and it all comes down to the conversion.

At this stage, Englishmen are biting their pint glasses, Welshmen are wailing at the screen, Frenchmen are chewing their berets, the Irish have moved on to Paddy's Day, and the French 10 steps up to the kick and....

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by tazfalklands Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:13 am

As an England fan I hope the Irish win. If they lose and England win the six nations, I would find it a little bit of an anti climax. The best way for this championship to end would be for England to win by a truckload(unlikely but I can dream) and then Ireland to have to go out to win well.

The fact is that England have another chance to win next year (GS hopefully) and BOD does not, it would be a fitting way for BOD to sign off a great career for Irish and British & Irish Lions rugby. England only have ourselves to blame for actually being in this position, apart from a complete brain fart on the first week-end we would be the masters of our own destiny.

tazfalklands

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:52 am

To me England are in a pretty good position. They are in the last weekend of the tournament with a decent chance to win. Yes, they suffered a mental breakdown in the last 5 minutes against France, regardless of which players were on the pitch. On such individual events the fate of the tournament now hinges. Play on, and by Saturday night we will know.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:58 am

Pot Hale wrote:If England want France to win, then they need to give them a sporting chance.  So rather than try and put 60 odd points on Italy, they should seek to just beat Italy by a point or two, thereby encouraging the French to play and post four converted tries and a couple of penalties on Ireland by the 77th minute.

Then it's down to a final nail-biting three minutes and France score a try in the last minute, and it all comes down to the conversion.

At this stage, Englishmen are biting their pint glasses, Welshmen are wailing at the screen, Frenchmen are chewing their berets, the Irish have moved on to Paddy's Day, and the French 10 steps up to the kick and....

.......................WAKE UP!, little Susie - Wake up.
Wake up, little Susie, wake up.
We both fell sound asleep, wake up little Susie and weep
The movie's over, it's four o'clock and we're in trouble deep

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:20 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Everyone seems to think its game over and Ireland have already won it...but France have been so poor that they could come out and put on a display of breathtaking style, skills pace and extravagance and blow ireland out of the water...

Indeed, and the thought that Ireland have only won twice in Paris in the last sixty years may just keep England together with some hope.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:23 am

If England win well in Italy then I can already see daily mirro type of headlines such as "French XV surrender to Ireland to avoid gifting the 6N to England".

Not as if they needed more reasons to lose to Iteland!
I wonder what will be PSA pre match talk!?

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeyan Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:36 am

While the Irish wanted the Lions to lose after GatlandBodgate and the backlash against Welsh rugby I guess if they did win the 6N we wont have to be subjected to certain 'media campaigns' surrounding the RWC 2015 if England win it

Really? Is that true, or did you just imagine it after reading a few tabloid headlines? Speaking as an Irishman, I and all of my rugby-following friends were still very much behind the Lions, irrespective of the media-generated Bodgate "outrage".

Monkeyan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:39 am

Duty281 wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Everyone seems to think its game over and Ireland have already won it...but France have been so poor that they could come out and put on a display of breathtaking style, skills pace and extravagance and blow ireland out of the water...

Indeed, and the thought that Ireland have only won twice in Paris in the last sixty years may just keep England together with some hope.

What if France do a World Cup v New Zealand classic on us and we still get a good win over them????

Will Woodward do us the honour of favourably comparing us to his 2003 team????  "This Ireland side................ they remind me of where England were just before the 2003 WC."

Yeah?  No? - No it is then  Sad  Wink He'll be saving that stuff for the boys who kill off Italy with a sneaky back pass from Lawes and a killer snipe from Care.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:52 am

SecretFly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

What if France do a World Cup v New Zealand classic on us and we still get a good win over them????

Will Woodward do us the honour of favourably comparing us to his 2003 team????  "This Ireland side................ they remind me of where England were just before the 2003 WC."

Yeah?  No? - No it is then  Sad  Wink He'll be saving that stuff for the boys who kill off Italy with a sneaky back pass from Lawes and a killer snipe from Care.

For balance:

"Ireland they remind me of the 2003, 2007 and 2011 sides who did OK in the 6 nations but were no marks at the world cups"

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:55 am

Who'd of thought in the years gone by SCW would go ( to us anyway) from 'We're not worthy' to 'Shut it will ye'  Smile 

France are a home team. They fear getting pelted with stale garlic eclairs so I think they'll win, just.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:55 am

whocares wrote:If England win well in Italy then I can already see daily mirro type of headlines such as "French XV surrender to Ireland to avoid gifting the 6N to England".

Far more likely to be Daily Mail and expect phrases like Cheese Munching Surrender Monkeys. Not that the Daily Mail is especially anti-french, nor merely Xenophobic. It just hates everyone who is not a Southern English, middle class WASP. I have no idea how they cope with the current England team - which they will deem to be full of northerners, tattooed oiks, chavs and blacks.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:06 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
For balance:

"Ireland they remind me of the 2003, 2007 and 2011 sides who did OK in the 6 nations but were no marks at the world cups"

Yep...I guess that would be more likely...............

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue 11 Mar 2014, 4:49 pm

whocares wrote:If England win well in Italy then I can already see daily mirro type of headlines such as "French XV surrender to Ireland to avoid gifting the 6N to England".

More English sour grapes are definitely on the cards as however France lose this is how the Englilsh will spin it, France choose to lose to Ireland.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Mar 2014, 5:47 pm

French Dressing Drowns England's Italian Salad

In a breathtaking display of panache, elan and no small amount of sublime arrogance, France today decisively lost to a wretchedly undercooked and ill-prepared Irish team.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:04 pm

its quite commendable that certain English posters want Ireland to win because of BOD retiring.  clap  but come match day after Englands win surely you won't be clapping at every Irish point gained . well played the man in green

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:12 pm

Ah it's all good saliva juice competitiveness jimmy.

No harm in any of it.  Before the game against Wales, a good few English posters were telling us Irish that the Championship was ours.  We shouldn't worry or fret, just play well enough against France to win, even by a few points.

Now, after the sugar-rush of that victory over Wales..... the competitive juices are flowing again!  Now they want to cricket score Italy into the Roman dirt to make us really work for every drop of sweat we drip in Paris.  And maybe even France will...............................hopefully turn up for a game this year!!!!

The game is on.  You wouldn't have it any other way.  At least this year Ireland get to be centre of that fever-party on Super Saturday.  Ourselves and France felt very distant from the whole thing and unloved last year for some reason Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:33 pm

We have a sports psychologist apparently. Maybe he can train us to picture the French jerseys as any colour but blue.

Noooo Johnny, not black!
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:45 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:  its quite commendable that certain English posters want Ireland to win because of BOD retiring.  clap  but come match day after Englands win  surely you won't be clapping at every Irish point gained . well played the man in green  
i didnt say i didnt want england to win by the way. but if ireland win, i will be very pleased for them.

pretty confident i won't be clapping or booing anything (other than foul play) in the fra ire match. que sera, sera.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:52 pm

[quote="westisbest"]Good post clap[/quokte]
+2

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:45 pm

if Ireland beat France then they deserve the spoils but fair play to England they deserve it too . as a neutral Im just looking forward to the out come

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next