The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cable: Teachers Know Nothing of World of Work

4 posters

Go down

Cable: Teachers Know Nothing of World of Work Empty Cable: Teachers Know Nothing of World of Work

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 09:41

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vince-cable-teachers-know-absolutely-nothing-about-the-world-of-work-9171019.html

Ouch, naughty Vince!

Not just insulting but also quite ironic since Vince has accumulated the sum total of about 2 years private sector work experience in a 50 year career and, more importantly, many would argue (me included) that 'career politicians' are one of the biggest cultural problems of our modern government.

Labour should jump on this, good vote winner for them.

Pity, as I had a lot of time for Vince leading up to the last GE, and he was one of my main reasons for voting LD, but more recently he's made himself look a bit of a buffoon with crass uncultured remarks - LD's want to consider retiring the embarrassing old grandpa.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Cable: Teachers Know Nothing of World of Work Empty Re: Cable: Teachers Know Nothing of World of Work

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:03

Always interested in why you have to be a teacher to comment on the profession...

I can watch a Soccer match and tell If a midfielder is having a bad game without ever playing midfield....

Maybe Cable shouldn't attack the bankers either over sub-prime........After all he's never been a banker either..

You insult boxers daily on the Boxing thread......You've never boxed..

It's not a vote winner........Labour has as many Liberals as it's going to get only the die hards remain

But I do think Cable is wrong to generalise and should retract........But he's entitled to his opinion..

I applaud any politician these days who comes off message..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Cable: Teachers Know Nothing of World of Work Empty Re: Cable: Teachers Know Nothing of World of Work

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:06

It's a vote winner because it helps cement the floating voters that departed to LD last time and will push them back into Labour's arms.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:12

It's not a vote winner because Ashcroft's polling shows ...Left wing liberals are already in Miliband's pocket and they are more certain to vote Labour than Labour's right wing..

1. Because Miliband apologised for Iraq........
2. Because they don't trust the Liberals not to sell out.......

How do you know many Liberals don't agree with him.....

NHS, Economy, Immigration are the main drivers......Then Educational standards...Why would anyone care what Cable thinks when they don't care what Currie thinks about foodbanks !!.......

It's small cheese......my friend.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 10:20

So you think these comments won't alienate anyone from the LDs??

Cable (or any other LD politician) may as well go around saying and doing whatever they want then...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 12:11

It's a non story..

Keep telling you......People are worried about the standard of living, the state of the NHS.......The standard of the child's education.........How many immigrants are coming over..

Hardly going to think yes I love the Liberal manifesto but that naughty Mr Cable said something derogatory about the Teachers last year !!

When you get older, become more mature and have a family.. You'll realise how insignificant this kind of stuff is Mate !!

Or maybe you won't !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 12:19

Hahahah, in other words you choose it to be a non-story depending on whether it fits with what you want to say.

Like TU's withdrawing funding from Labour......

Basically I'd consider it remarkable if the entire teaching profession (running into the hundreds of thousands of people, all of voting age) did not include any LD voters. Your chosen ignorance aside, if there are indeed some LD voters in there somewhere they will be mightily unimpressed by this and there's only one way their vote is going....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 12:26

I don't choose it to be.....I'd like to think it was a story........

But elections aren't won and lost on what some minister thinks......about Teachers..

Teachers tend to support Labour anyway and let's face it the U-turn on tuition fees by the Lib dems and voting through some of Gove's policies no doubt have sealed the fate of any wavering Lib dem teachers..

Tuition fees is a story..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 12:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 12:32

Can't believe this thread has been reported.

Wonder what pr!ck did that......

Might just bowl around randomly and mercilessly reporting threads myself for no f*cking reason.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 12:59

Of course it could been blown into a story, Truss - people do rather like teachers after all, and appreciate the hard work they do. Criticising them, or downright insulting them in this instance, could be termed as political suicide.

And I wonder which clown reported this thread. I have a fair idea who...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 13:09

It's not a vote driver....

and If you are suggesting I reported it.......You're wrong...

I'd love to have the old topic section back..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 13:11

don't give a flying fook anymore tbh.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 13:11

Oh no I don't think you did report it Truss.

Someone else.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 13:12

TopHat24/7 wrote:don't give a flying fook anymore tbh.....

I remember the happy days of this forum. You could debate freely without fear of retribution.

Now you have to watch your step very carefully in case you offend someone without realising it.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 06 Mar 2014, 13:14

I saw the thread before I saw the report. I don't know who you think reported it, but pretty sure you'd be wrong.

If you're wondering why this thread is locked can I suggest you read this

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down