The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worcesters Plans for 2014/2015

3 posters

Go down

Worcesters Plans for 2014/2015 Empty Worcesters Plans for 2014/2015

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 24 Feb 2014, 4:21 pm

So with 7 games remaining and 12 points behind Newcastle who are the only realistic catchable target are Worcester resigning themselves to releagation.

Here is the fixture list left:

Harlequins (Away)
Wasps (Home)
Newcastle (Away)
Exeter (Home)
Bath (Away)
Saracens (Away)
Gloucester (Home)

For me looking at those games the Newcastle game away takes on even more importance. If they lose that it safe to say they will come last. I realistically cant see them getting anything from the other 3 away games (Bath, Saracens & Harlequins). With only 3 home games left against Wasps, Exeter & Gloucester (with all of those sides posing enough questions, I dont see enough points coming out of those to really challenge Newcastle. For Newcastle if they can get any result (win) prior to that home game against Worcester, I think they will be safe regardless of the outcome in that match.

So are Dean's signings for 2014/2015 a sign that they have already planned for National Rugby from next season? Interestingly Bristol are top of the league and with their signings for next season are likely to be front runners for promotion (which I am assuming they will get as Grounds wont be a problem for them).

Players Signed for 2014/2015:
Andries Pretorius (Blues)
GJ van Velze (Northampton)
Jo Rees (Ospreys)
Charlie Mulchrone
Heath Stevens
Ryan Lamb (Leicester)
Sam Smith (Harlequins)
Matthew Cox (Gloucester)
Ryan Mills (Gloucester)
Dan Sanderson (Rotherham)

So that's 10 Players in but assuming the funding cut some will defnitely have to go:

Players Out:
Matevesi (Ospreys)
Lemi (Bristol)

Anyone else heard who is out of contract and due to leave Worcester?

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Worcesters Plans for 2014/2015 Empty Re: Worcesters Plans for 2014/2015

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 24 Feb 2014, 5:18 pm

Mariano Galarza is joining Glaws from next season.

Wuss are certainly putting a decent side together, but so far their front 5 looks in need of improvement and they do need better strength in depth, but a run in the Championship should boost confidence. However, as you point out Bristol are looking strong, but so are Rotherham and London Welsh. It is far from a foregone conclusion that they will bounce back.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:27 pm

Whos the Argentinian ex-Chiefs stand off? Mierez - Cant see him sticking around if/when Worcester get relegated. I go the impression that he threw his toys out when he couldnt get game time infront of Steenson and the youngster Sloan while at Exeter.
He hasnt been playing too much at Worcester either though.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down