The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birthday mix tape

+17
The Womble
88Chris05
littleswannygirl
Enforcer
rIck_dAgless
Hero
Galted
superflyweight
seanmichaels
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
ShahenshahG
Dolphin Ziggler
hornbloweroafc
JuliusHMarx
Gregers
Mind the windows Tino.
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Birthday mix tape - Page 4 Empty Birthday mix tape

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Feb 2014, 4:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

For a bit of fun, who on 606v2 has the best 8 song mix tape using their date of birth?

The idea is, you take your DoB and find out what the number 1 single was on that day.  Then simply add 3 years to it and that is your next song. Keep doing this until you have your own 8 song mix tape.

You can use the following to get the songs:

http://www.everyhit.com/dates/

Mine is as follows;  

Abba -  Name of the Game
Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
Berlin - Take My Breath Away
Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
Robson & Jerome - I Believe / Up On The Roof
Cher - Believe

Mine starts pretty poorly with Abba and Babs, gets slightly better with Billy Joel and Berlin's soft-rock classic before peaking with Lisa Stansfield.  It then finishes unbelievably badly with Robson and Jerome and Cher.

Can anyone top it?

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Birthday mix tape - Page 4 Empty Re: Birthday mix tape

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:20 pm

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:But Tina is "urban" so it may qualify.  

I would struggle to think of anyone less urban than Tina. He makes Prince Philip look "street"

He drives a chrysler. Homeless nazi's try to avoid the stigma of a chrysler. He's sewer trash

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:22 pm

It's true. I met a woman who sold some Ridgeback puppies to him years ago.

Oh, and up yours, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:24 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It's true.  I met a woman...

You expect us to believe that?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yes, quite frankly I do.

I met her in her conservatory in Wilmslow. She breeds Ridgeback and told me the Grobbelaar thing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:30 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yes, quite frankly I do.

I met her in her conservatory in Wilmslow.  She breeds Ridgeback and told me the Grobbelaar thing.

Wilmslow eh? Are you Tino by day and William Roache by night?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:32 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It's true.  I met a woman who sold some Ridgeback puppies to him years ago.

Oh, and up yours, Jeff.

Well since we are discussing footballers and their preference in dogs, a friend of my mothers sold a Rottweiler to Andy Townsend.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:34 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yes, quite frankly I do.

I met her in her conservatory in Wilmslow.  She breeds Ridgeback and told me the Grobbelaar thing.

Wilmslow eh? Are you Tino by day and William Roache by night?

I didn't live in Wilmslow, couldn't afford it.

True story though.  The mother of the puppies got right up in my grill.  It scared me a little bit as it was huge.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:  The mother of the puppies got right up in my grill.

Up in my grill?

Who are you trying to fool.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:37 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:  The mother of the puppies got right up in my grill.

Up in my grill?

Who are you trying to fool.

Yeah, that was a bit obvious.

I am smarting a little bit after your Prince Phillip comment. You've insulted me a few times over the years but that one has got to me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:42 pm

Nothing wrong with not being urban Tina, it allows you to wear your jeans in a sensible fashion and not have to pretend you like things, when you quite clearly have no interest whatsoever in them. People who think they are young and down with the kids probably watched the Brit awards last night.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:44 pm

You can't undo whats been done, Jeff.

I did quite like Alex Turners acceptance speech at the end.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm

Rowley wrote:Nothing wrong with not being urban Tina, it allows you to wear your jeans in a sensible fashion and not have to pretend you like things, when you quite clearly have no interest whatsoever in them. People who think they are young and down with the kids probably watched the Brit awards last night.

I saw a little bit of it. WTF was Ferrel or whatever his name is wearing? Looked like an urban pigeon fancier

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You can't undo whats been done, Jeff.

He is achingly cool

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You can't undo whats been done, Jeff.

He is achingly cool

Indeed he is, seany.  And a massive musical snob.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:48 pm

I have no concept what you're talking about as I have embraced my middle age. Whilst you were watching the Brit Awards and having to endure James Corden I was downloading a Yardbirds box set, being old and accepting of that fact is far better.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:53 pm

Rowley wrote:I have no concept what you're talking about as I have embraced my middle age. Whilst you were watching the Brit Awards and having to endure James Corden I was downloading a Yardbirds box set, being old and accepting of that fact is far better.

Surely you're a fan of the arctic monkeys?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:55 pm

Corden was a bit of a bell. Took a selfie with Prince.

I think you become old when Radio 1 becomes impossible to listen to. That was about 3 years ago for me.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 20 Feb 2014, 4:55 pm

Rowley wrote:I have no concept what you're talking about as I have embraced my middle age. Whilst you were watching the Brit Awards and having to endure James Corden I was downloading a Yardbirds box set, being old and accepting of that fact is far better.

Beck, Jeff, or Jeff Beck?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 20 Feb 2014, 5:00 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Surely you're a fan of the arctic monkeys?

Not especially Sean, can tolerate them but would not go out of my way to listen to them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Feb 2014, 5:14 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Corden was a bit of a bell. Took a selfie with Prince.

I think you become old when Radio 1 becomes impossible to listen to. That was about 3 years ago for me.
I've been old since I was nine then. Most radio is intolerable. My colleague puts "planet rock" on as he thinks I'll like it. Mostly it's sh!t. Currently playing "Radio Gaga" it's bloody awful.

Love the adverts for these radio stations proudly proclaiming the "play the music you love" yet if you ring up and ask for "From Crotch to Crown" by Prostitute Disfigurement, they get all tetchy and asking if you wouldn't prefer to listen to the Black Eyed Peas instead. "Hang on mate, I saw that advert on telly with Rihanna giving it the devil horns so I assumed you were down with Satan!"

They're not!

Also have to endure Radio 2 and there's usually some 9yr old kid who rings up Simon Mayo's show and at the end of the tedious little skit, they'll ask this kid what song he wants to hear. It still amazes me that A/ Some nine year old kid desperately wants to hear some Phil Collins and B/ They just happen to have it teed up and ready to play.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 20 Feb 2014, 5:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Corden was a bit of a bell. Took a selfie with Prince.

I've been old since I was nine then. Most radio is intolerable. My colleague puts "planet rock" on as he thinks I'll like it. Mostly it's sh!t. Currently playing "Radio Gaga" it's bloody awful.

Love the adverts for these radio stations proudly proclaiming the "play the music you love" yet if you ring up and ask for "From Crotch to Crown" by Prostitute Disfigurement, they get all tetchy and asking if you wouldn't prefer to listen to the Black Eyed Peas instead. "Hang on mate, I saw that advert on telly with Rihanna giving it the devil horns so I assumed you were down with Satan!"

They're not!

Also have to endure Radio 2 and there's usually some 9yr old kid who rings up Simon Mayo's show and at the end of the tedious little skit, they'll ask this kid what song he wants to hear. It still amazes me that A/ Some nine year old kid desperately wants to hear some Phil Collins and B/ They just happen to have it teed up and ready to play.

Have you heard of Team Rock Radio Dave?

It started as a festival project during last year's Download and they got so many listeners, they decided to make a fully-fledged radio station out of it. Started out as internet-only but I belive you can get them on DAB as well now.

Plays a mix of classic rock and new stuff, along with some seriously scary s**t that will loosen your bowels no problem. I'm pretty sure they'd accommodate requests for SLAAAAAYYYYYYEEEERRRRRRR and suchlike... Wink

As for my "birthday mixtape", this is what I came up with:

1. Down Down - Status Quo
2. Mull of Kintyre - Wings
3. Imagine - John Lennon
4. Pipes of Peace - Paul McCartney
5. Reet Petite - Jackie Wilson
6. Hangin' Tough - New Kids On The Block
7. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
8. Jesus to a Child - George Michael

Holy crap - thats some seriously embarrassing stuff there! Erm
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 20 Feb 2014, 6:03 pm

Iron maiden- Bring your daughter to the slaughter
Chaka Demus and pliers - Twist and shout
Spice girls- 2 become 1
Westlife- I have a dream
Girls aloud- Sound of the underground
Shayne Ward- that's my goal
Alexandra Burke - hallelujah
Bruno Mars - just the way you are

F£&@ this game, Tino.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Feb 2014, 6:13 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Laugh 

Back in the day we used to find it hilarious that wanna be gangsters would drive around town with Gangsta's paradise blurting out the window. As a laugh we'd roll round the one way system with Collins' Sussudio blaring out. Just looked at the video, jesus my life has had its downs but thank god I was not old enough to choose my own clothes / go to the pub in the 80's

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 21 Feb 2014, 8:00 am

The Boss wrote:Iron maiden- Bring your daughter to the slaughter
Chaka Demus and pliers - Twist and shout
Spice girls- 2 become 1
Westlife- I have a dream
Girls aloud- Sound of the underground
Shayne Ward- that's my goal
Alexandra Burke - hallelujah
Bruno Mars - just the way you are

F£&@ this game, Tino.

Laugh 

You have just beaten Chris to the worst list ever. Spice Girls, Westlife, Girls Aloud, Ward, Burke and Mars. What a disaster, Boss.

You should have tried to substitute Burke for Buckley and waited to see if you got away with it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri 21 Feb 2014, 8:11 am

I was going to change my birthdate to see if it got any better but I do t even know if it would have. They were all the most popular songs at the time.
I was gonna go with the Irish charts but they had Zig and Zag at number one when I was born.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 21 Feb 2014, 8:17 am

This is Winona Ryder's birthday mix tape, I decided that it was only fair that she should have an extra song as she's
a) a celebrity and
b) named after a city:

Rod Stewart – Maggie May
Ken Boothe – Everything I own
Baccara – Yes Sir, I can Boogie
Barbara Streisand – Woman In Love
Culture Club – Karma Chameleon
Nick Berry – Every Loser Wins
Jive Bunny And The Mastermixers – That's What I Like
Boyz II Men – End Of The Road
Coolio feat LV - Gangsta's Paradise

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 21 Feb 2014, 9:00 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Disappointing lack of appreciation for my tremendous wordplay.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 21 Feb 2014, 9:04 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I can empathise, I tried to stir up a bit of controversy by giving Ryder an extra track and no-one paid a blind bit of notice.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Feb 2014, 9:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I am still smarting over you profiting from my assuage snafoo the other day.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 21 Feb 2014, 10:48 am

This is Jeffrey Dahmer's birthday mix tape, I've given him an extra song as
a) he's Dave's favourite serial killer
b) his middle name is Lionel

The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
The Beatles - From Me To You
Manfred Mann - Pretty Flamingo
The Beatles with Billy Preston - Get Back
T.Rex - Metal Guru
Tammy Wynette - Stand By Your Man
Boney M - Rivers Of Babylon
Adam And The Ants - Stand And Deliver
Duran Duran - The Reflex

If Dahmer was on 606 v2 he'd be one of the coolest posters.  Must be a bit annoying for him that he's dead.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Feb 2014, 11:01 am

Dahmer has got a really good list. At least three songs on there I genuinely like.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:08 pm

I like 3 as well.

Are yours;

Duran Duran - The Reflex

?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:13 pm

Dahmer aint no Albert Fish I tell ya...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:30 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Dahmer aint no Albert Fish I tell ya...
True enough but Dahmer captured the public imagination more than Fish, however Ed Gein is perhaps more notorious given that Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Silence of the Lambs had characters based on his him and his exploits.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:33 pm

I see your point DAVE but they are too mainstream for me now, the hype train has now put me off, whereas any man who shorts an electric chair via needles self inserted into their man parts gets my vote

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
True enough but Dahmer captured the public imagination more than Fish, however Ed Gein is perhaps more notorious given that Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Silence of the Lambs had characters based on his him and his exploits.

Gein did more digging up corpses than murdering.  The Dahmer crime scene photos make for pretty gruesome viewing if you need proof of how abnormal he was.  The sickest puppy I've read about, though, has to be Francis Sweeney, and he wasn't ever caught.  Fish, although highly sick was, luckily, not very prolific.

Last edited by Galted on Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:35 pm

Though I think Fish had a cameo in Rob Zombies "House of 1000 Corpses"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:37 pm

Though Francis Sweeny did most of his work post mortem, so loses Sick Puppy points

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I like 3 as well.

Are yours;

Duran Duran - The Reflex

?

No mate, Beatles is one, but like the Manfred Mann and Everly Brothers songs.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:41 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Though Francis Sweeny did most of his work post mortem, so loses Sick Puppy points

Maybe loses Sick Puppy points but when it comes to Scare The Sh1t Out Of A Country points he's uncatchable. Having said that, though, there are a few Russians who redefine sick. Some of them are serial killers .

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:42 pm

Galted wrote:Russians who redefine sick. Some of them are serial killers .

Agreed, though just not as good at PR as the top Americans/British

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:45 pm

What about that Aussie chap. Thought he was supposed to be one of the most menacing?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:47 pm

Rowley wrote:

Are yours;

Duran Duran - The Reflex

?

Oh.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:49 pm

seanmichaels wrote:What about that Aussie chap. Thought he was supposed to be one of the most menacing?

The Aussie women are quite prolific and quite frightening. Some of them are serial killers.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 21 Feb 2014, 1:50 pm

Rowley wrote:

Are yours;

Duran Duran - The Reflex

?

Oh.

What on earth is wrong with Boney M?

Some of them are serial killers.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 2:09 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Are yours;

Duran Duran - The Reflex

?

Oh.

By the rivers of Babylon
Where we sat down
Yeah, we feasted
On the corpses of murdered children

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:12 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Are yours;

Duran Duran - The Reflex

?

Oh.

By the rivers of Babylon
Where we sat down
Yeah, we feasted
On the corpses of murdered children

Is that the Rob Zombie version? Erm

Speaking of Boney M, have you heard what Turisas did to Rasputin? As cover versions go, it kicks ass!
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:16 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Speaking of serial killers who catch the public imagination, how about Peter Sutcliffe or Brady & Hindley?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 5:39 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Speaking of serial killers who catch the public imagination, how about Peter Sutcliffe or Brady & Hindley?
Say what you like about Bradford but we have our fair share on seriously unhinged people...not a word!
Anyway check out Screamin' Daemon's "The Decline of the English Murder" for a hilarious metal look at serial killers.

Highlight has to be "The Big Ripper sings 'Sadistic r***' at the Bingley Working Man's Social Club" to the tune of "Chantilly Lace"

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:25 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
dyrewolfe wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Say what you like about Bradford but we have our fair share on seriously unhinged people...not a word!
Anyway check out Screamin' Daemon's "The Decline of the English Murder" for a hilarious metal look at serial killers.

Highlight has to be "The Big Ripper sings 'Sadistic r***' at the Bingley Working Man's Social Club" to the tune of "Chantilly Lace"

I can feel my mind recoiling in horror just reading that!  Erm 

I generally listen to stuff like Lawnmower Deth if I want comedy metal. Saw them in the Pepsi Max marquee at Download a few years ago - fantastic live band.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next