The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'what fights did you watch recently / scorecard' thread

5 posters

Go down

The 'what fights did you watch recently / scorecard' thread Empty The 'what fights did you watch recently / scorecard' thread

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 1:22 pm

Hi everyone, ran this idea past the mod team and garnered a wee bit of support, so thought it might be worthwhile. This idea has been nicked from a few other forums, but it's worked on them so may work here.

This is basically a thread to dicuss what fights (old, present-day or anywhere in between) you've been watching recently. Often, there's no need to start a thread dedicated to just one fight, so if you don't feel like doing so here is the place to tell the board what you've been watching recently, any little things you've picked up from the fight which might be of interest and have gone largely unnoticed, how you scored it or to simply let the board know if you've discovered a little gem which not many will have seen and you want to share.

Also, if there's a particular fighter you don't know as much about as you'd like and are wanting to know which fights you should watch to learn about them, asking here might just be the place to get the answers, as collectively we've got a hell of a lot of great fights / fighters covered.

I'll get the ball rolling; recently got round to watching Jung-Koo Chang's WBC Flyweight title tilt against Muangchai Kittikasem, a fight I'd been meaning to get round to for ages. A slow burner which really heated up from the mid stages onwards and had a dramatic ending. One of the best losing performances in the history of the 'little men' from Chang.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

The 'what fights did you watch recently / scorecard' thread Empty Re: The 'what fights did you watch recently / scorecard' thread

Post by Rodney Tue 11 Feb 2014, 2:55 pm

Revisited the De La Hoya v Mosley first encounter on Boxnation classic fights , few weeks back. Originally on first viewing all those years back thought it was a nip and tuck affair , surprised how much Shane controlled the 2nd half of the fight, as my scorecard illustrates.

De La Hoya Mosley

9. 10
10. 9
10. 9
10. 9
9. 10
10. 9
9. 10
9. 10
9. 10
9. 10
9. 10
9. 10

112. 116

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

The 'what fights did you watch recently / scorecard' thread Empty Re: The 'what fights did you watch recently / scorecard' thread

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 11 Feb 2014, 3:11 pm

I had exactly the same score, Rodney (may have swapped the odd round with you). I'm still surprised that the first Oscar-Shane fight gets described as controversial, as you say. Could see someone having it closer by a point or two, sure, but don't see how anyone could have De la Hoya winning it. Excellent fight between two peak (well, close enough) stylists who brought out the best in each other. Grandstand finish in the twelfth.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 04 Mar 2014, 3:56 pm

Nice idea for a topic. Next time I watch a classic fight on Sky or Boxnation etc, I will score it,

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 04 Mar 2014, 4:40 pm

you might want to work out an instruction post chris - on how to score fights - for people new to the sport/board and might be intimidated by the complexity of it. Its pretty intuitive once you get started but its always the first step thats the hardest. Why don't you make one up and offer to the board for feedback -then sticky it (Not the way you'd like to)

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 13 May 2015, 12:53 pm

I still have a dream that this thread can take off one day...

Anyway, watched Harold Johnson's split decision win over Ezzard Charles recently. A fight I've been meaning to watch for ages.

No idea how one judge had it for Ezz, personally. Johnson controlled the fight beautifully with his jab (he dominated Charles in that area) and his defence was superb as well. Charles had a hard time landing anything worthwhile aside from the odd burst in rounds 4, 5, 7 and 9, where his straight right found the target enough to bag a couple of those rounds in my opinion. Ezz still had great footwork here but was just beaten to the punch on the outside and at mid range too often.

A real technician's fight. This was Johnson still emerging in to his peak while Charles was past his, but was still considered an upset at the time. Lovely, smooth performance by Johnson.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 21 Jul 2015, 3:17 pm

Been meaning to watch that one myself Chris, from what you've posted pretty much alludes to what I've heard.

Anyhow scored Bowe v Holyfield 2 a while back

BOWE V HOLYFIELD

9. 10
10. 9
10. 9
10. 9
9. 10
9. 10
9. 10
9. 10
10. 9
9. 10
9. 10
10. 9
113-115

Cheers,Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 10:19 pm

Marciano v Walcott is a fight that I like to revisit. Always feel sorry for Jersey as he was cruising to victory.The kayo is one of the most brutal you will ever see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 20 Jun 2021, 8:36 am

Chavez Jr is a sorry sight of a boxer nowadays just got outclassed over 8 rounds by MMA legend Anderson Silva.

Even his dad looked embarrassed.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down