The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best match of American Football you have seen?

+4
TM Moot
Pr4wn
crazy_dave23
hbk48942
8 posters

Go down

What is the best match of American Football you have seen? Empty What is the best match of American Football you have seen?

Post by hbk48942 Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:15 pm

can be any match

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

What is the best match of American Football you have seen? Empty Re: What is the best match of American Football you have seen?

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Hmmm... This one has got me thinking...

One of my best memories of early NFL games (at least in terms of my fandom) is Tampa vs Indy on MNF in 2003.
Then again, that game is all about the 4th Quarter comeback and I have no recollection of the rest of the game and whether it was any good.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=231006027

Another one, for emotional reasons is Green Bay vs Oakland, also on MNF in 2003.
Then again, this was a one sided blow out that was over by half time and was only fun because a) Green Bay won, and b) Brett Favre deserved it with all he had been through that day.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=231222013

So neither of these games is a back and forth marathon or great proprotions over all 4 quarters... i'll keep thinking

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

What is the best match of American Football you have seen? Empty Re: What is the best match of American Football you have seen?

Post by Pr4wn Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:53 pm

I knew someone would mention that Indy game...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:50 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I knew someone would mention that Indy game...

well was the rest of it any good, or just the last 5 mins of regulation + OT? Wink

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:21 pm

can't remember the details, but it was Houston Oilers @ Buffalo, possibly a AFC playoff game a few years ago

Oilers (Warren Moon?) went 30+ to nil up, and still managed to lose to a Jim Kelly comeback

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:28 pm

That Packers-Cardinals game from a few years ago stands out as just being utterly mental.

Giants-Pats first Super Bowl was pretty damn good too

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Steelers over the cardinals in the superbowl was a great game.

Also, how about auburn over Alabama in the SEC champ game last year??

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Giants - 49ers I listened to it on the radio a MNF game, Giants were 17-0 down at half time came back to win it 21-17 on their way to SB 21.
Mark Bavaro the Giants TE caught a ball over the middle, he was hit by eight 49ers and carried some down the field.
It's just a game that has stayed with me over the years.
A championship game again Giants-49ers, I think the 49ers were on for a three-peat again the Giants won on their way to SB 25 it may have been a last second field goal, the referee Jerry Markwright told Bill Parcells afterwards it was the best game he had officiated.
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:58 pm

BamBam wrote:That Packers-Cardinals game from a few years ago stands out as just being utterly mental.

Yes!!

I knew there was another one I was missing.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300110022
Bittersweet memories for me... NFL Films did a fabulous review of the year montage for that year and the clip of Rodgers being strip sacked by Carlos Dansby in slow motion is ingrained in my memory.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:45 pm

Ooo lord there has been too many to keep count!

So I'll go for my favourite Pats game from this year, which despite the loss was the Panthers game. Just proper football from start to finish
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:41 am

One that really sticks in my head as one that I loved watching and which had me out of my seat at the end is a kind of obscure one.

1991.... Redskins versus the Oilers.... Redskins won 16-13 in OT.

They were the two best teams in the league at the time - Redskins were 8-0 going into the game while the Oilers were 7-1 so it was a really hyped up match up. Back and forward defensive game whith Chip Lohmiller booting the winning FG in OT. Had me out of my seat screaming at my TV. Happier days..... much happier days!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down