The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moore vs Sale

+2
quinsforever
ChequeredJersey
6 posters

Go down

Moore vs Sale Empty Moore vs Sale

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:09 am

Brian Moore being laid into by Charlie of the Daily Fail apparently. Who criticises Moore for saying "Some commentators should have a shut the f*** up button" on his personal Twitter account with a snipe at the use of swearing (insulting his literacy) and then saying that Moore's commentary needs shutting up on the BBC and Torygraph. Called Moore a Dinosaur and apparently this is an ongoing feud. Any thoughts on Moore'a tweet, commentary, this incident and feud or the use of a newspaper column for personal sniping like this?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Moore vs Sale Empty Re: Moore vs Sale

Post by quinsforever Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:52 am

i think Brian Moore is great. have no problem with him swearing on his personal twitter account.

have no idea who the whineing journo Charles Sale is though.

Brian Moore has always tried to get reactions from people. In the 1990s he was the designated wind-up merchant of the french team before the 5N matches every year.

it's in his DNA.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:37 am

For all he's made out to be the scrum expert I have never found him that insightful. I much prefer Davies and especially Cotter.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:57 am

I don't mind Moore, he gets frustrated at times during commentary but I think he is one of the better ones on the bbc. I find both him and Davies similar at times and generally okay. At least they have been there and done it. I do have less positive views on both Butler & Guscott mind you.

When the Daily Fail becomes a remotely credible rugby publication then I might take 'moore' of an interest in this other guy and whatever the issues are. As it is I will continue to 'sale' clear of anything he might write. Due to not caring about what people have had for dinner or how they have spend their Sunday morning I have no interest in twitter so the swearing itself means nothing to me.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:16 am

B91212 wrote:I don't mind Moore, he gets frustrated at times during commentary but I think he is one of the better ones on the bbc.
Agree.  I find Brian to be pretty good, knowledgeable, and generally entertaining.  
B91212 wrote:When the Daily Fail becomes a remotely credible rugby publication.........
When the Daily Mail becomes a credible paper for wiping one's bum........
B91212 wrote:Due to not caring about what people have had for dinner or how they have spend their Sunday morning I have no interest in twitter so the swearing itself means nothing to me.
All I have ever heard about Twitter is when people get caught writing stupid things.  There is absolutely no use for the thing. It should be destroyed.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by charliehesketh Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:14 am

I think Brian Moore is great.  I have to take breaks from his twitter feed, perhaps he should too.

He's the genuine article, and the kind of player who inspired me to play and coach rugby.

Just a personal reflection, but I find almost everything about the Daily Mail to be poisonous, a damaging and inaccurate portrayal of events.  IMHO the world would be a better place without it.

charliehesketh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down