The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just love Everything About This Video

5 posters

Go down

I just love Everything About This Video Empty I just love Everything About This Video

Post by Notch Sun 26 Jan 2014, 8:18 pm

Hi-jinks at the Las Vegas Sevens

Las Vegas Sevens Hi-Jinks:
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

I just love Everything About This Video Empty Re: I just love Everything About This Video

Post by SecretFly Mon 27 Jan 2014, 11:03 am

I usually always like a bit of messing around between stuffed mascots....fights and all.

At first glance on this video you're again dragged into the fun element of things because...well, guys in funny costumes messing about - your brain says 'fun'.

But I have to say - and I looked at it numerous times to make sure I wasn't over-reacting to this - I seriously have to say that is one very dangerous tackle made on a human being who is (apparently) not ready for it.  It had some brutal neck/back damaging potential being hit from behind like that with such momentum.

Not trying to be a killjoy - and I'm wondering was it a set up as the fan was almost looking for trouble in his circusy show-off way.  So he might have been part of the act but either way (set-up or truly innocent spectator) just look at the actual dynamics of the hit a few times and I think most people will say that was a very dangerous and risky way indeed to have some mid game entertainment.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

I just love Everything About This Video Empty Re: I just love Everything About This Video

Post by MrsP Mon 27 Jan 2014, 11:18 am

Secret,

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Even down to feeling like a kill joy for thinking it!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 27 Jan 2014, 12:02 pm

Yes, it was crazy, crazy stuff. I think thats why I find it so funny... and now I feel guilty for that.

I just found it to be an absolutely bizarre way to entertain a crowd. Get an opposition fan, have your mascot smash him from behind unsighted, then patriotic chanting.

What? I mean... what? It's an absolutely surreal state of affairs. It's so bizarre my default reaction is to laugh.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 27 Jan 2014, 12:35 pm

I loved the comment on someone's FB page suggesting the tackle was illegal since there was not enough use of the wings!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 27 Jan 2014, 2:58 pm

Hehehehe, ah yeah that was a good one alright
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by san Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:21 pm

Whip-lash lawsuit waiting to happen, especially since it was in the States!

san

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:53 pm

Christ that looks nasty, we've all been absolutely blind sided on a pitch before, and it's horrible.

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down