The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Powerlifting Record!

+3
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
J.Benson II
7 posters

Go down

New Powerlifting Record! Empty New Powerlifting Record!

Post by J.Benson II Wed 18 Dec 2013, 5:39 pm

Russian powerlifter Andrey Malanichev set a new world record with a monsterous combined total (Squat + Bench + Deadlift) of 1100kg. This is the highest ever total performed by a raw lifter.
During the meet, Malanichev squatted 435kg, benched 260kg and pulled 405kg.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/26701

With this record, Malanichev has a legitimate claim to be the strongest man on the planet and possible of all time.

Here is a video of him squatting 440kg with nothing but knee wraps and a belt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSVkqwDD1TM

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

New Powerlifting Record! Empty Re: New Powerlifting Record!

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 20 Dec 2013, 10:22 am

Is it normal for a squat to be higher than a deadlift?

In my weight lifting days I could deadlift around 220kg, so still quite short of this fella, and my squat was nowhere near that amount (140kg).

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 20 Dec 2013, 2:17 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Is it normal for a squat to be higher than a deadlift?

In my weight lifting days I could deadlift around 220kg, so still quite short of this fella, and my squat was nowhere near that amount (140kg).

I would say for around 80% of people, their deadlift will be higher than their squat. In terms of numbers, the usual lifts tend to be in the order of:
Bench < Squat < Deadlift

However, some people are just perfectly built for some exercises and sometimes you will see lifters, due their body mechanics, squatting more than they are pulling.

Judging by your numbers LJ, I imagine that you have a similar structure to me - tall with long limbs?

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 20 Dec 2013, 2:26 pm

I'm 5'9 with quite thick set legs. To be honest I think the reason for my squat being lower is that it was often an exercise I would neglect because of just how hard it was. I used to box and after a really heavy squat session my legs would be in tatters and it would spoil my other training. Id sometimes go easy on them.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 20 Dec 2013, 2:41 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'm 5'9 with quite thick set legs. To be honest I think the reason for my squat being lower is that it was often an exercise I would neglect because of just how hard it was. I used to box and after a really heavy squat session my legs would be in tatters and it would spoil my other training. Id sometimes go easy on them.

Thats quite a surprise. Usually guys who struggle with squats tend to be taller guys with long legs. At 6'3ft, I've always found squats just awkward despite so many years doing them. The movement just never felt natural to me. I sometimes lean foward so much it ends up looking like a Good Morning. Yet I know guys where the squatting movement is just so fluid and textbook despite only training for months.
It all boils down to body mechanics.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:17 pm

Unbelievable lifts. He made the squat look so easy, I reckon he could have gone for 10-15kg more. 

My dead lift is more than my squat, quite substantially so. I think the reason with me is the mental barrier- if you fail on a deadlift, it's simple enough to put the bar down. Go too heavy on a squat, and you're in a tough situation.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 3:38 pm

My Squat is miles heavier than my Deadlift...Which is a shame I just have very strong legs...

Never done one rep max's...But I regularly used to Squat 330 for 20..(Always went high reps for legs)...

Probably got 10 deads at the same weight if that...

Don't do either now ....My lower back is shot

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 22-2 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 11:00 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:My Squat is miles heavier than my Deadlift...Which is a shame I just have very strong legs...

Never done one rep max's...But I regularly used to Squat 330 for 20..(Always went high reps for legs)...

Probably got 10 deads at the same weight if that...

Don't do either now ....My lower back is shot

Hey Truss,

Do you think maybe squatting is a reason for your bad back? I squat a lot and want to avoid the lower back issues you have so wondering what you would have done different if you had the chance over?

Thanks

22-2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Dec 2014, 3:14 pm

Deadlifts is the reason for my back....Incorrect form and ego lifting when I was a kid...

Like I said always had powerful legs.....Rather have had a strong chest..

But we are all blessed in different ways..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 10 Dec 2014, 9:24 pm

Always had powder keg thighs myself. Pity my Calves seem to have decided to stay put. One day I'll shock them with 2000 reps a week like Arnie and Co and hope for the best
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 13 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm

I'm dead lifting around 210 at the minute and maybe good for a 180 squat. Not long back from back injury so deadlift down slightly.

Anyhow, he is the greatest raw lifter ever but strongest man ever is Zydrunas Savickas.

If he concentrated on powerlifting instead of strongman, he would imo hold records. The man deadlifts sets of 380 for Like 6 or 7 reps. He can clean and press a 230kg log so god knows what he could bench if it was a priority.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down