The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought this may be of interest to you all

5 posters

Go down

I thought this may be of interest to you all Empty I thought this may be of interest to you all

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 13 Dec 2013, 1:54 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25362744

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

I thought this may be of interest to you all Empty Re: I thought this may be of interest to you all

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:09 pm

Interesting read, doubt much notice will be taken of it though

I know a lot of people associate concussions only with hard blows to the head so I can imagine many of them scoffing at the idea of repetitive light blows like heading a football could present similar dangers, and I must admit despite having some education about concussions during my training heading a football is not something I've ever considered before

Going off on a tangent though, football fans are always talking about how to make our young players more technically comfortable on the ball, banning heading could work from a practical perspective as well as safety one

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

I thought this may be of interest to you all Empty Re: I thought this may be of interest to you all

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:21 pm

Without even opening the link and reading the comment above, I bet its the piece about Chris Nowinski talking about youngsters heading the balls in football. I can safely guess this because I came on here to post the same thing!! The last thing I expected when on the football section of BBC Sport is a piece about a former wrestler!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:23 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Without even opening the link and reading the comment above, I bet its the piece about Chris Nowinski talking about youngsters heading the balls in football. I can safely guess this because I came on here to post the same thing!! The last thing I expected when on the football section of BBC Sport is a piece about a former wrestler!!

No it's naked pictures of AJ Lee

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:23 pm

I just thought it was cool Nowinski is still doing the rounds.
No one is going to care what he thinks should or shouldn't be done in the early stages of football development. It'd be like Mark Lawrenson passing comment on the wrestling.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:23 pm

Shocked Very Happy Oh wait no Im right  Rolling Eyes 

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:24 pm

I remember our old PT Teacher who was our school football manager when we were 9-11 used to tell us every time we headed the ball we killed 100 brain cells

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:26 pm

Greg Dyke should get Nowinski into his coaching plans for England

They could suplex their way to World Cup glory

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:37 pm

Bah Gawd! Gerrard. Climbing the goal turnbuckle. What's he going to do? Diving head butt onto Suarez! Bah Gawd that's his Liverpool Rovers team mate. That Sonofabitch. By the power of Grayskull it's a double turn! Bah Gawd. How do you learn to fall off a goal post?

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:44 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I remember our old PT Teacher who was our school football manager when we were 9-11 used to tell us every time we headed the ball we killed 100 brain cells

I take it you never listened to that advice then Wink

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:45 pm

I saw Nowinski on the news this morning and merked the feck out!!!

No-one in my house knew who he was!

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 13 Dec 2013, 5:22 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:I remember our old PT Teacher who was our school football manager when we were 9-11 used to tell us every time we headed the ball we killed 100 brain cells

I take it you never listened to that advice then Wink

I never lost any, he told me if I sat on his knee in his office at lunch time all my brain cells would be fine...

What a hero, great guy so he was... Hug 

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 13 Dec 2013, 5:23 pm

DrDeath wrote:I saw Nowinski on the news this morning and merked the feck out!!!

No-one in my house knew who he was!

When did you move into the McMahon's?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down