The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand Crushed

+4
GloriousEmpire
LeinsterFan4life
Pal Joey
Rugby Fan
8 posters

Go down

New Zealand Crushed Empty New Zealand Crushed

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 30 Nov 2013, 1:52 pm

New Zealand have just suffered one of their heaviest ever defeats ... in Sevens. Fiji just scored 8 tries to beat them 44-0 in the Dubai semi-final.

I just wish the Fiji coach, Ben Ryan, could have conjured that performance from England when he was in charge of them.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

New Zealand Crushed Empty Re: New Zealand Crushed

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 30 Nov 2013, 2:20 pm

My vague hopes that England might contest the final have been dashed after a 26-12 defeat to South Africa.

Mind you, England did lose in the group stages to Fiji already

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 30 Nov 2013, 4:34 pm

It wouldn't be fair if I didn't add that the New Zealand team held scoreless by Fiji has just beaten England in the 3rd place play-off.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 30 Nov 2013, 4:49 pm

Fiji are on fire

They were 24-0 up against South Africa at one point in the final. They have just had a man sent to the bin and the Boks have finally got on the board.

6 man Fiji still manage another try. The Boks get the last word but Fiji run out comfortable winners.

It's their first victory in Dubai, and better news for Fiji than the Barbarians match.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:54 am

Well done Fiji. clap 

It looks like they have turned a new leaf... younger players stepping up and the team finding their mojo again.

That was such a massive win against NZ and they played well again in the Final against a pretty talented SA side.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 03 Dec 2013, 9:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW2Sci8ZvEM

This is why I love Fijian rugby.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 03 Dec 2013, 10:05 pm

I thought you were talking about how little room there will be in their luggage with all those trophies to take home.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 04 Dec 2013, 6:13 am

We are between two tectonic plates. That's why there's so much pressure on NZ to win particularly at home. We are literally being crushed every day. Unbelievable composure.

But well done to Fiji in the sevens. Love to watch them when they're on song. It's like watching them do what they were born to do.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 04 Dec 2013, 6:32 am

Wouldn't it be great if those 7 could find another 8 friends, slightly larger and with a mean streak.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 04 Dec 2013, 8:02 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:We are between two tectonic plates. That's why there's so much pressure on NZ to win particularly at home. We are literally being crushed every day. Unbelievable composure.

But well done to Fiji in the sevens. Love to watch them when they're on song. It's like watching them do what they were born to do.
That's why I enjoy coming here and watching the Brits whinge about the refereeing in the AIs.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Wed 04 Dec 2013, 1:55 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:
kiakahaaotearoa wrote:We are between two tectonic plates. That's why there's so much pressure on NZ to win particularly at home. We are literally being crushed every day. Unbelievable composure.

That's why I enjoy coming here and watching the Brits whinge about the refereeing in the AIs.
Not at all, I was like you, I thought the reffing in the Aus v England game was superb, right?

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Wed 04 Dec 2013, 1:57 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:I thought you were talking about how little room there will be in their luggage with all those trophies to take home.
I thought he was talking about them being crushed under the weight of the egos of their supporters. Or maybe just one supporter Wink 

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 04 Dec 2013, 1:57 pm

Hood83 wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:

Not at all, I was like you, I thought the reffing in the Aus v England game was superb, right?
For participatory reasons, I'm unable to pass any comment whatsoever on any alleged adjudication which may or may not have taken place during the match.

I can confirm that I am still a fan of rugby in general, however.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 04 Dec 2013, 5:21 pm

I've just got back from Dubai and am detoxing from the lager overdose!!

I couldn't believe that Tietjens did not employ a 'sweeper' after the first two Fiji tries. They broke clean through from kick off/restart.

One of those games where one team got every bounce of the ball; though credit for the effort Fiji put in to make things go their way.

NZ were so shell shocked they lost the plot.

Credit to Ben Ryan* who must have enjoyed the tournament win, and beating England along the way. He uses his two biggest guys to really pressure NZ at restarts.

* He was with his missus at the table next to us at Barasti bar by the marina on Sunday afternoon....name dropper or what Smile

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 04 Dec 2013, 5:24 pm

Who's name did he drop?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 04 Dec 2013, 5:29 pm

Smile

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down