The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Boy Watch - Kurtley Beale

+4
king_carlos
ALPanorak
yappysnap
Rugby Fan
8 posters

Go down

Bad Boy Watch - Kurtley Beale Empty Bad Boy Watch - Kurtley Beale

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 24 Nov 2013, 8:32 am

Still drinking, apparently.

Well last Saturday night, some media types walked into the trendy Bondi spot The Bucket List and there was Kurtley, a long way into a drinking session. Not a drama for an average player - but an issue for Beale, who is supposed to be dealing with the issue that is blocking his career.

"At just after 7pm Beale was there in the front bar area with his mates screaming and carrying on,'' my contact said. "At one stage he was standing on chairs yahooing at the top of his lungs … not in an aggressive way but my crew found it both loud and intimidating and so we left. I don't know where that leaves 'my troubles are behind me rhetoric' and I'm not sure where his shoulder record is at but he would have woken up with one sore head.''
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/kurtley-beale-caught-out-on-the-sauce-20131123-2y2h6.html

Given the recent bans handed down by McKenzie, that's not a great development for Beale, even allowing for some exaggeration by the source.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Bad Boy Watch - Kurtley Beale Empty Re: Bad Boy Watch - Kurtley Beale

Post by yappysnap Sun 24 Nov 2013, 10:24 am

What a boobie.

World at his feet and he needs to waste it on booze. Just so Frak stupid.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ALPanorak Sun 24 Nov 2013, 11:33 am

yappysnap wrote:What a boobie.

World at his feet and he needs to waste it on booze. Just so Frak stupid.
Indeed, this guy was pretty much the consensus top full back in world rugby a couple of years ago, just holding off the likes of Dagg and 1/2p. It's a real shame to see someone refuse to acknowledge and attempt to rectify such a glaring problem, especially when you know there's so much talent being squandered.

ALPanorak

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Nov 2013, 1:50 pm

It's sad to see some of the Aussie boys of 2010 on a downward spiral, one of the most exciting backlines I've seen.

On the plus side, Quade Cooper looks like he's behaving himself, seems like a mature guy now.

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sun 24 Nov 2013, 7:58 pm

'Issues with alcohol', as they are often referred to now, are becoming all to common with young players across many sports and in reality it isn't surprising.

Whilst a young rugby player gets payed far less than comparative footballers etc, at the end of the day they get more money, attention and spare time than the majority of people around their age will. Think back to when you were in your early 20's and I honestly think many of us would have got ourselves into bother with that mixture at our disposal.

Not excusing the behaviour we see from many players with the above. More just suggesting that it's time for clubs and unions to start issuing some instruction about said dangers prior to players needing it rather than just after they needed it.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sun 24 Nov 2013, 8:15 pm

Is there a team sport that this doesn't affect? Cricket - England players p***ing on a wicket, David Warner, Jesse Ryder, Andrew Flintoff. Football - enough examples to fill a largeish encyclopaedia, going all the way back to George Best. Rugby League - Split evenly between hoons in Australia and GB, as far as I can tell. Aussie rules, American football, in fact any code of football you want - the list is endless and nothing new, what's more.

And our beloved Union - Australia are by no means the only ones, are they? England's RWC squad in 2011, Cory Jane, Barkley, Zebo (allegedly) and everyone else who has ever been clueless about what to do with a drink inside them. It has nothing to do with money and status, either. Anyone remember Colin Smart drinking a ton of aftershave and going to a Paris hospital? Jeffrey and Richards kicking the Calcutta Cup down Prince's Street? Amateurs, all of them. The difference is that their every action wasn't filmed on a mobile phone or scrutinised by a sanctimonious brigade of Press w***ers, who try to insist that that sportsmen should behave like role models, rather than make the idiotic mistakes that the young tend to, all while being part of one of the most mendacious, heartless and thoroughly amoral professions that was ever sh*t upon the earth.

My sympathies to almost every professional sportsman on the planet. I wouldn't want to be one for quids.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sun 24 Nov 2013, 11:26 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:Is there a team sport that this doesn't affect? Cricket - England players p***ing on a wicket, David Warner, Jesse Ryder, Andrew Flintoff. Football - enough examples to fill a largeish encyclopaedia, going all the way back to George Best. Rugby League - Split evenly between hoons in Australia and GB, as far as I can tell. Aussie rules, American football, in fact any code of football you want - the list is endless and nothing new, what's more.

And our beloved Union - Australia are by no means the only ones, are they? England's RWC squad in 2011, Cory Jane, Barkley, Zebo (allegedly) and everyone else who has ever been clueless about what to do with a drink inside them. It has nothing to do with money and status, either. Anyone remember Colin Smart drinking a ton of aftershave and going to a Paris hospital? Jeffrey and Richards kicking the Calcutta Cup down Prince's Street? Amateurs, all of them. The difference is that their every action wasn't filmed on a mobile phone or scrutinised by a sanctimonious brigade of Press w***ers, who try to insist that that sportsmen should behave like role models, rather than make the idiotic mistakes that the young tend to, all while being part of one of the most mendacious, heartless and thoroughly amoral professions that was ever sh*t upon the earth.

My sympathies to almost every professional sportsman on the planet. I wouldn't want to be one for quids.
Quite right.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:30 am

It's not alcohol that's the issue it's the person. He isn't the first and won't be the last to risk all his professional talent for drink. The intense media today doesn't help, but neither does it force him to drink. It's not just sport of course - which of us does not know someone (in any walk of life) whose achievments have been compromised by alcohol. Unfortunately I know several.........
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 25 Nov 2013, 3:48 pm

Hood83 wrote:
captain carrantuohil wrote:Is there a team sport that this doesn't affect? Cricket - England players p***ing on a wicket, David Warner, Jesse Ryder, Andrew Flintoff. Football - enough examples to fill a largeish encyclopaedia, going all the way back to George Best. Rugby League - Split evenly between hoons in Australia and GB, as far as I can tell. Aussie rules, American football, in fact any code of football you want - the list is endless and nothing new, what's more.

Quite right.
+2 OK 

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down