The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you like?

+5
TheCultOfPersonality
Marky
DP
x12x
JJJohnson
9 posters

Go down

What type of PPV?

What would you like? Vote_lcap23%What would you like? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
What would you like? Vote_lcap15%What would you like? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
What would you like? Vote_lcap8%What would you like? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
What would you like? Vote_lcap38%What would you like? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
What would you like? Vote_lcap15%What would you like? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
What would you like? Vote_lcap0%What would you like? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

What would you like? Empty What would you like?

Post by JJJohnson Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:00 pm

A question for everyone on the roster as to what they would like to see this year in 6CW, in terms of PPV's.

We have Night of Glory which is our equivalent of Wrestlemania and Beachfront Brawl is pretty much like Summerslam. But a few of next year's PPVs are still up in the air and the 2015 schedule is very much open to interpretation so we would like to find out what you guys would like to see. So here is a poll and all you have to do is vote for the kind of PPV you would like to see in 6CW.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What would you like? Empty Re: What would you like?

Post by x12x Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm

I'd like to see The Iron Man Tournament come back, it was a great way to start EWF and it would be an amazing way to show case the fed and the talent we have.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:32 pm

An all the same gimmick PPV would be pretty good but challenging to the writers.

What's that?! Me liking gimmicks? Surely not!

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:44 pm

I think having all of the same gimmick would get a bit boring to read and as DP says a bit challenging to the people writing the match...the extreme rules idea is pretty cool but I thought that's what Season's Beatings basically was?

With the tag style match I'd love one to be featured at a PPV as I love the Survivor Series matches but I wouldn't have a PPV based around them.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:17 pm

I loved the iron man tournament however I wouldnt want that to become I yearly thing only because I think that would become a bigger event than night of glory and that should always be the premier spectacle of the 6cw calendar

I think if you downsized the event though it might work. Have it maybe as a king of the ring were you qualify to participate on escalation shows and then the winner on the night of the PPV becomes number one contender

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:26 pm

I think Gazzy has a point, the two day part would make it the biggest PPV just down to that alone...I like the idea of having it as a one night tournament though...could use it to decide the number one contender for N.O.G?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 18 Nov 2013, 11:37 pm

The Iron Man concept is something that, as the creator, I would be very protective of. I would only use it in its original form or not at all, I take on board your guys comments and I am usually open to debate, but not on this scenario.

I feel it gave EWF a real sense of purpose from the get go, a tournament that stood out from anything I had personally seen in e-fedding before. I dunno if it would fit into the 6CW model but I would love to use it again one day.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:11 am

Completely understand your reasoning for not wanting to change it mate and I loved it as ive never been in a fed thats done anything like that before I just think in its format it would overshadow NoG as the main PPV

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 19 Nov 2013, 8:42 am

I've been thinking about it and I don't know if it would outshine N.O.G, I think if you had it at the opposite end of the year to N.O.G it could be seen as the second big PPV...I think N.O.G will always be the main PPV because of the fact that it'll be where the main rivalries end and new ones start etc.

Also I don't think it's too much of a problem having two amazing PPV's...look at WWE with Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania...I think having both would be awesome.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:06 pm

I voted team rules. Wargames would be great in 6CW especially with the several feuds ongoing.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:51 pm

I also voted for Team Rules. Would be perfect right now in terms of storylines and im also a big fan of the survivor series concept. Im not too familiar with the iron man tournament but I do feel a Ironman match should be saved for a special feud. Just like how hell in a cell is used to end most intense rivalries.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:07 pm

I voted straight up as I'm not a fan of gimmick ppv's. I want to see gimmicks, but only where the feud requires it and not because this ppv says so.

War Games is something I love, but wouldn't like to be a regular ppv. It would fit The Authority story perfectly atm and worked really well to finish the FEAR angle - but if one wasn't needed for a couple of years then I'd hate to see one forced.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 19 Nov 2013, 6:04 pm

The ironman tournament was a two day event similar to the KOTR, the first day saw each competitor split in to groups and facing everyone in his group once. The next day the winners and runners up of the groups went on to the semi finals and then the main event was the final, the other matches were made up of the guys who never got through.

Oh and the semi final matches were decided by a spinning wheel and the final was an hour long iron man match.

It was a pretty cool idea and I loved the two day aspect of it. Credit to JJ, was a great way to start EWF

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 6:24 pm

Aye it were pretty spectacular, would we still have it as 2 groups of 4 or 4 groups of 4 as this roster is a bit bigger than when EWF first started

I think it would probably be an excellent way for somebody to earn a shot at the title at Night of Glory but its whether JJ would entertain the idea for that. I think as a PPV it becomes bigger than Night of Glory unless the final pay off i.e the win impacts Night of Glory.

The only downside of that though is I would probably prefer to see a story driven rivalry for the title at NoG, unless of course the titles never get combined and we have two big titles so the winner can choosem whichever they went for

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 19 Nov 2013, 6:46 pm

I'll add my two pence worth I like the iron man format and thought it worked really well to crown the first EWF champ but if we were to bring it to 6CW I don't see it as a vehicle to crown a new champ or even a shot as a title I like it as a KoTR style tournament that could be more of a bragging rights thing - As with most things I am open to discussion on the subject and as JJ said our PPVs are still only pencilled in for 2014 so plenty of room to work with

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:35 pm

Could earn someone the nickname the Iron Man, no shot, no title...just bragging rights, could be an amazing vehicle to push someone.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 7:47 pm

xviperx wrote:Could earn someone the nickname the Iron Man, no shot, no title...just bragging rights, could be an amazing vehicle to push someone.
I'll start work on a new character called Tony Stark immediately

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 19 Nov 2013, 10:46 pm

I think the idea behind the Iron Man tournament could be either to crown a champion, a number one contender or just a bragging rights type event. I did love the tournament and I would like to do one in 6CW but the timing would have to be right and it would have to make sense in the grand scheme of things.

With the roster being bigger I think four groups of four competitors would probably be more realistic. You could also add a few other matches onto the card outside of the tournament for those who didn't make the initial 16 qualifiers but that is something we would work on if the idea goes ahead.

Just interested to hear the opinions of the guys on the roster and you have been very helpful so far.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:46 pm

I would be someone completely against it. Kind of feel it does only one or two men favours and blurs some lines of realism along the way. Others reasons but I'm too tired. It worked once, but special occasion.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by cabowers Wed 20 Nov 2013, 4:10 pm

Dunno if any of the originals remember but in the first year or so we did have a wargames type of event cakked warbrawl. It ended with Tean 6CW taking on Team 6WF and 6wf winning with help from daniel reilly and cobra. It was noted by several inhat Team 6CW consisted of very few 6cw originals and actually had the current EWF champion as a member of Team 6CW and JJJ actually wrote the match

cabowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum