The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toney 4/1 for prizefighter. whos on it.

+6
compelling and rich
hogey
Hibbz
trenchtownbaboon
azania
Lance
10 posters

Go down

Toney 4/1 for prizefighter. whos on it. Empty Toney 4/1 for prizefighter. whos on it.

Post by Lance Thu 14 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm

hard to decide how good it is without seeing Toney's focus for the first match. but this is a truly awful line up, and you have to think the judges will be kind to him in the first fight at least. Nobody wants him leaving early I suspect. Harrison would win this one if he replaced Toney, so you gotta hope Toney is capable, no matter how bad he is

Lance

Back to top Go down

Toney 4/1 for prizefighter. whos on it. Empty Re: Toney 4/1 for prizefighter. whos on it.

Post by azania Thu 14 Nov 2013, 6:20 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if he lost the first fight. They'll probably bung him on first to give him time to recover for his  next fight in the hope that he wins it.

WHat is the line up anyway?

azania

Back to top Go down

Toney 4/1 for prizefighter. whos on it. Empty Re: Toney 4/1 for prizefighter. whos on it.

Post by trenchtownbaboon Thu 14 Nov 2013, 6:37 pm

azania wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if he lost the first fight. They'll probably bung him on first to give him time to recover for his  next fight in the hope that he wins it.

WHat is the line up anyway?

http://bit.ly/1cYK9Lk
trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:11 pm

Bloody heck. Cheers anyway. How did you do that?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:21 pm

Trenchtown that is bloody genius.

Azania you've been (to use the phrase of the yoof) owned!!!

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm

Hibbz wrote:Trenchtown that is bloody genius.

Azania you've been (to use the phrase of the yoof) owned!!!
Apparently it's not owned but pwned. Get with the programme blud.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm

My bad. Braappp.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by trenchtownbaboon Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:31 pm

It's called "Let me google that for you" Az Very Happy 
trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:41 pm

I got my money on Sprott to nick it tonight, Toney is just a shell of himself and i dont think there's enough left in the tank to beat even this level of opposition anymore. Hope i am wrong though it will make the evening far more interesting if Toney is up for it and has anything left in that flabby body.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 14 Nov 2013, 8:31 pm

think toney might struggle with doing 3 round fights 3 times in one night. we all know toney has been 12 plenty of times but this current version is used to doing it at a snails pace and prizefighter is usually pretty frantic, could easily get out worked in this

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 14 Nov 2013, 8:39 pm

glad the drug cheat is out, should have been out of it after first round with a point being taken off for the 4/5 shots after the bell

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 14 Nov 2013, 10:35 pm

Come on Michael just one more win and my beer tokens are sorted for the weekend.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 10:51 pm

Joshua on now.

Fighting a guy prospect Hughie Fury went the 6 round distance with recently.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 10:56 pm

Battered in 2.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 10:58 pm

Tall, athletic, light on his feet, good variety of shots thrown fast and hard.

Only thing not to like was that he seemed to realise he had little to worry about towards the end of the first round and just gave up with his jab which had been a beaut in his first two matches.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:09 am

looks good Joshua, but I would prefer it if they were keeping him under the radar slightly. promoting his early fights as hard as they are sets him up for a bit of a fall. people will get bored of seeing him turn journeymen over and start to hope he loses.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 7:15 am

Don't sew anyone turning on him tgat early, certainly not to boo him. He needs fights and getting a few in a short space of time limits the hype. We're not being conned into his next big test are we. Sensible strategy for him in my opinion.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:06 am

Lance wrote:looks good Joshua, but I would prefer it if they were keeping him under the radar slightly. promoting his early fights as hard as they are sets him up for a bit of a fall. people will get bored of seeing him turn journeymen over and start to hope he loses.
Agreed. At least they didn't announce him as 'The People's Champion' last night. That was really beginning to grate and definitely setting him up for a fall - something someone so level headed does not need.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:21 am

Errrr Sprott won? How did Toney do?

I missed this, thought was on tonight. But random on a Thursday considering Joshua and Toney were involved in the bill.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:30 am

Toney looked good early doors, touches of the old magic, hard to hit, but his conditioning let him down in the semis (even over only 3 rounds!!) and the other guy beat him on work rate.

The PF bit was fairly dross (though funny looking at how less intimidating Olubamiwu's physique was now off the juice, he suffered a first round kd on the way to losing his QF on points) but the event was all about AJ really. Keeping him sharp. He's fighting again in a couple of weeks (Froch-Groves undercard), really really active.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:53 am

I heard he hammered the guy in two rounds and looked good in doing so?

Also worth noting that the guy he beat in two went the distance with Hugie Fury......the next youngest ever world champion

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:19 am

Joshua looks a bit special, I did not think much of him in the amateurs and thought he was lucky to win gold and overhyped. Now looking at him he has everything to be successful in the pros as long as his chin does not let him down. I know last nights opponent was not great but the hand speed, movement, power, and his maturity in the ring were there to see. I think this boy will be the future of the division.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:22 am

Who are you talking about with your first question? I was talking about Toney when I talked about gassing. He won his QF by ko and looked decent, but got outworked in his semi.

Re AJ, see my comment above, yes he looked very good. The guy he beat (battered) was meant to be durable and as you say he'd gone the full 6 with Hughie just recently, he was still standing and could have gone on when the ref stopped it but, especially in the recent context of the Perez fight, the ref was right to do so for the sake of the fighters health - he took a lot of big headshots and wasn't throwing enough back.

My only concern was that once AJ seemed to realise the guy wasn't really going to go for him, he stopped relying on his jab to keep him off and went for the ko a little too greedily for my liking. His jab looks a super piston so I wasn't a fan of this tactic, hopefully just a touch of immaturity. The only plus side to it was it meant he got clocked flush when sloppy on the way in once and it didn't even buzz him, nice small check of his whiskers.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:43 am

Good read Toppy thanks.

will chase up on YT later this evening when i get chance.

hope his career ends up a successful one, and as you say, looks like he has a decent jab from what ive seen so far. Power will remain to be seen as his level increases and also his chin

How old is AJ anyway? Hopefully he is not 30 or whatever Price is....thats a very late start....and as we have seen....a couple of defeats at THAT age could have a major impact on a fighters career.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:57 am

Took Sprott at semi final stage at 11/4, 40 squid on it.

Never been so happy to watch Sprott fight and celebrate a win haha.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:40 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Good read Toppy thanks.

will chase up on YT later this evening when i get chance.

hope his career ends up a successful one, and as you say, looks like he has a decent jab from what ive seen so far. Power will remain to be seen as his level increases and also his chin

How old is AJ anyway? Hopefully he is not 30 or whatever Price is....thats a very late start....and as we have seen....a couple of defeats at THAT age could have a major impact on a fighters career.
He's 24, perfect.

Whiskers got tested a bit in his sketchy Olympic successes, especially the final, and I think has a bit more in the gut department than Price.

His power looks good, not crazy one punch ko power, but his shots just always look hard and thrown with intent. Importantly I think he has the skills (and guts and fitness) to be ok when he gets in front of someone he can't blow out of there (unlike Price).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:14 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Took Sprott at semi final stage at 11/4, 40 squid on it.

Never been so happy to watch Sprott fight and celebrate a win haha.
I got him at 5/1 yesterday afternoon so i am a happy bunny as well, looking at the opposition he really should have been a shorter price, Hearn done us a right favour putting Toney into the competition to entice all the mug punters with a big name.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:54 pm

KingMonkey wrote:Don't sew anyone turning on him tgat early, certainly not to boo him. He needs fights and getting a few in a short space of time limits the hype. We're not being conned into his next big test are we.  Sensible strategy for him in my opinion.
he certainly needs the fights, but I thought Hearn was overselling him quite a lot. I don't think he should be headlining shows, for his own good. A lot of the hatred for Khan and Harrison came because of them being oversold in poor match ups early on. DeGales popularity hasn't been great either. Let the guy learn under the radar a bit.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 4:12 pm

If fairness, he only headlined his debut, same as Campbell, and has been supporting cast since.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 15 Nov 2013, 4:40 pm

I hate him, I HATE HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 4:44 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I hate him, I HATE HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Please tell me you're wumming??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 15 Nov 2013, 4:45 pm

Of course hahaha.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down