The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Interviews

+3
Trebs
x12x
Hero
7 posters

Go down

The Interviews Empty The Interviews

Post by Hero Fri 08 Nov 2013, 9:12 pm

Questions that will be asked (hopefully each week!) that provide you with 500k if answered but mainly as a bit of fun!

1. It's the opening weekend of the season, has pre-season gone well for your club?

2. Which of your transfers in so far has been your marquee signing?

3. Which transfer not involving yourself were you most impressed with?

4. Which player brought into the league do you think will be the next big thing?

5. What position do you think your team will be come the end of the season?

6. Which teams do you think will challenge for the title?

7. How do you think your opposing manager this weekend has done so far?

8. What areas of your team would you like to strengthen still?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Interviews Empty Re: The Interviews

Post by x12x Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:05 pm

1. It's the opening weekend of the season, has pre-season gone well for your club?
I'm very pleased with the pre-season, missing out on Sneijder was a disappointment but I believe with the changes made Sunderland are ready to make a recovery

I don't think it's fair to highlight one player, we have a strong side that works well together, to focus on one player would be unfair on the team.

Newcastle have a real gem in Morrison, for £4m I think that could be the sale of the season, only time will tell though.

4. Which player brought into the league do you think will be the next big thing?

I'd rather not focus on the end of the season before it's began, we'll be taking one game at a time and hopefully near the end we'll have something for the fans to smile about.

At this point it's anyone's title, like I said...until the end of the season is nearer, there's no point focusing on that, as long as we keep our head down, get results and play a good game...that's all that matters

Lubo has done well, not only in the transfer market but off the pitch, the whole CBK scandal could have cost him his job but justice was done and he's shown the powers at be made the right decision but bringing some fresh new faces in to the league, we can't be too confident because the moment we show a weakness, I can guarantee we'll regret it

As I said, bringing in Sneijder could have strengthened any team but I'm happy with who we have and I'd rather not focus on one area being weak. As a manger you always look to improve and I install that in our players, over the last few weeks they've really stepped up their game and are working better than ever...that's all I can ask for and I have faith in my boys!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:17 pm

Not really, I haven't signed the players I wanted to. Hopefully I will get some signings in over the next week.

Valdivia. He's my only signing.

Ben Arfa for £40m.

Yassine Benzia is someone I am aware of. Bit of an obvious one but Ince has a reputation which could grow.

I'll do my best, top half as a minimum but I'd like to be challenging for the top positions. I won't get anywhere till I bring in some more of the new blood I want though.

Newcastle are the obvious one, but we'll see what happens after a week and seeing all the tactics and teams.

He has some dangerous attackers, a strong looking side and has kept Benteke. They could be a threat and if we win this weekend, that would be a serious win to get. But it's difficult to judge without having seen a teamsheet or tactics.

I'm looking for quality all over the field. I'm happy with my central midfield, but I have a couple of defenders I'm hoping to sign imminently and I'm keen to bring in a striker.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 08 Nov 2013, 11:35 pm

The players are looking in great shape, they have trained very hard and are fully prepared for the new season. I am delighted with the signings of my 2 new center backs and i feel that will be key to our success. 

Brede Hangerland has been my stand out. This football club has been missing a real leader at the back and someone who is still in there prime who has good experience at this level, he ticks all the boxes of what we were looking to bring in. He will develop a great partnership with Sergio Sanchez, who i am very surprised we managed to get as well, he was playing Champions League football last season! 

I think Newcastle have done superbly well to get Morrison for 4m. I am gob smacked of how that deal has come across. 4 million for IMO a future England player is just brilliant business, full credit to Hero.

I think my lad Sergio Sanchez is someone who will adapt to this league very well and will attract higher interest. 

I think we can challenge for the title. Yes im 1 or 2 players short, but i have a great defense, midfield is very strong and i have some great strikers. But i think Fulham and Newcastle are the 2 to look out for. West Ham could of been, but they sold there best players.

As above

Well he had to take the job, when Azzy threw his toys out the pram and quit. So he has had to come in late on, he is doing well, but has had a frustrating transfer window as far. He Olly has a great squad to work with though, and im sure he will do well with West Brom.

I would like to get another winger in, and maybe a striker. Were not going to sign players for the sake of it. It will have to be the correct player who will help me achieve what i want to achieve at this football club. 

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by All hail Lubo Sat 09 Nov 2013, 7:33 am

In many ways yes, dissapointed I missed out on Agger and Zaha but that's life. We still managed to attract some great players to bolster a fantastic squad

I think Will Hughes is the standout signing. He's a future international and one to watch for this season.

Ravel Morrison for 4 million was great. He's a top player, now Hero has to worry about keeping him in check

My trio of Hughes, Ings and Batth are a trio of top talent but Valerijs Sabala also has the potential for big things

Were looking at the bigger picture but I'd hope for a mid table finish

Newcastle are technically the best team

He's done decently, missing out on Wesley was a big blow

I'd like to look at our defence. We missed out on Agger but I have some other targets in mind

All hail Lubo

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sat 09 Nov 2013, 11:46 am

1. It's the opening weekend of the season, has pre-season gone well for your club? - We think Pre-season has gone really well. The team has worked hard and i am extremely proud of the progress that has been made so far. We have missed out on Florian Thauvin and he is my main transfer target but it's okay and i plan to try and buy him in the future.

2. Which of your transfers in so far has been your marquee signing? - I have signed one player so far (Benzia) and i plan to use him a lot this season and i think he will do very well.

3. Which transfer not involving yourself were you most impressed with? - Ravel Morrison.

4. Which player brought into the league do you think will be the next big thing? - I'm excited to see how Frazer Forster gets on at Newcastle, i think he is a top quality Goalkeeper.

5. What position do you think your team will be come the end of the season? - The aim is to finish at mid table this season.

6. Which teams do you think will challenge for the title? - Newcastle is one of the clubs that stands out, they have a great side and the manager is very experienced.

7. How do you think your opposing manager this weekend has done so far? - I think that he has done well and the manager is also very experienced. Fulham look to be a side that i think will do well this season.

8. What areas of your team would you like to strengthen still? - I think i would like to bring in a Right back and a left back and perhaps a midfield player or 2.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 09 Nov 2013, 3:11 pm

Pretty darn good thanks, brought in a number of young and exciting talents and the squad should be able with injuries throughout.

Kevin Volland I'm most happy to bring in, think he's going to be the NBT in the Bundesliga.

Benzia by Stoke, a player I was interested in but I already have enough resources in that position, certainly one to watch though.

There's a number, Volland, Benzia, Good, but I'll take a punt on Jedinak that Lubo's brought in at Palace

I'd be disappointed not to be champions Wink

Apart from ourselves I can see Villa and Fulham currently looking strong, I'd expect Cardiff to amount a challenge too.

He's certainly been active in the transfer market, think once he's spent the huge bulk of cash he's got then he can pose a threat.

Another right back is required and Im always on the look out for talent that improves the squad, I want an exciting young team that entertains its way to the title.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 09 Nov 2013, 3:28 pm

Yes reasonable need to sort a few things out

Adebayor

Diame

Forward Holymiky bought

Top 4

Fulham/Newcastle/Villa & Sunderland

Holymiky always does well at these games

DM/CM & LB

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Nov 2013, 4:46 pm

yeah, i think it has, started slowly but signed some players and happy with my squad.

I'd say Charlie Adam is a huge boost to my midfield

Vorm £20m, big signing for sunderland

Frazer Forster

im hoping to be around mid-table, however most likely bottom lol!

Newcastle

dont know which manager im up against lol!

attack 

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 17 Nov 2013, 7:35 pm

Questions for Week 2!

1. Did you expect the result you received in the first week?

2. Tim Krul to West Ham for 17.5m, what did you think?

3. Ginter looks to cost over 30m, have you heard of him?

4. Who's the most underrated player in the league (not in your team)?

5. Who's the most overrated player in the league?

6. What's been the best 'bargain' signing so far?

7. Game two coming up, what's your thoughts on the opposition manager?

8. Which players would you like to see given a game for England on Tuesday night given a free reign?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by All hail Lubo Sun 17 Nov 2013, 8:16 pm

Thought we were a bit hard done by after the difference in tactics length

Someone will sign Titus Bramble Erm oh wait.....

Yes, good player but no Danny Batth The Interviews 3845856932

Think Krul never gets the credit he deserves, I also think Whelan never gets enough time in the PL

How TM give Paddy McCarthy over 1 million I'll never know

Batth and Bramble 1.5 million between them The Interviews 3845856932

Not sure who I'm playing Laugh good luck to them unless it's Olly

8. Which players would you like to see given a game for England on Tuesday night given a free reign?

Think Forster is a better keeper than Hart, also would like to see Agbonlahor and Lallana given more chances at international level

All hail Lubo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 9:47 pm

Hero wrote:Questions for Week 2!

1-0 defeat to best side in league, i wasnt unhappy with it

was very happy with it!!!!!!

no

Ben Arfa

Ginter Wink

N/A

No comment Wink

Ravel Morrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 17 Nov 2013, 10:15 pm

I expected to win, I won't lie on that, the fact it was in the 94th minute though I didn't expect and that's full testament to CF, for me he's so far being a revelation in the league and hats off to him.

Good for all round Id say, I've got Forster the current England keeper for half the price as a replacement, he's got a cracking keeper.

Well being as I've bid for him then yes, is he worth that, of course not but he's got potential to be great and there's not many players that have that potential who may enter the league.

Finnbogason that Miky's just bought, many won't know of him but he could storm it.

40m for Barfa, I know Gav's a Geordie but that was silly money IMO.

Ravel has to be, for me the most exciting English player of the next gen. Also think I got a steal on Delph.

Lubo doesn't even know he's playing me! He knows his NBTs though!

Already mentioned them both but I'd have liked to have seen both Delph and Morrison drafted in and given a chance being as they're both in such a rich vein of form in RL.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 17 Nov 2013, 10:47 pm

Hero wrote:Questions for Week 2!

If im honest i didn't really know how i would do, but i am delighted with a point at West Brom it is a very tough place to go. 

Amazing signing, probably the best keeper in this league. 

Never heard of him, brave spending that sort of money for a player who has never played in English football.

Steven Fletcher

Wilfred Zaha

Ravel Morrison for 4 million. Still can't believe it.

He's a fantastic bloke on and of the pitch. He's made some great signings, looking like a good appointment for Sunderland.

Ross Barkley 

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:18 am

1. Did you expect the result you received in the first week? - I was extremely pleased with the result that we got against Fulham, i was aiming for at least a point and thats what we got. The main thing was to see how my team played in the match so i wasn't sure what result i expected really.

2. Tim Krul to West Ham for 17.5m, what did you think? - I think this is a good signing for West Ham and i can understand why Krul was allowed to leave as Newcastle have recently signed Forster. Both of them are great keepers in my opinion.

3. Ginter looks to cost over 30m, have you heard of him? - I have heard a bit about him and he seems to be a promising player.

4. Who's the most underrated player in the league (not in your team)? - I am not sure.

5. Who's the most overrated player in the league? - I am not sure.

6. What's been the best 'bargain' signing so far? - I am not sure.

7. Game two coming up, what's your thoughts on the opposition manager? - The oppositions manager is a good and experienced manager with a good team.

8. Which players would you like to see given a game for England on Tuesday night given a free reign? - I would like to see Forster get another game but i would be happy to see Joe Hart and i would like him to get a game of course too

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:26 am

Questions for Week 2!

I wasn't quite sure what would happen but to get the win was great and having a player score on his debut was brilliant, hopefully Ruiz can build on that and keep getting on the sheet.

He's a great keeper and would improve most sides, it would have been a shame to see him stuck on the subs bench knowing what he can do.

I haven't but from the battle for his services he's clearly a great player and it will be interesting to see what he can do once he settles in.

The list could be as long as arm so picking one would be too hard!

I'd rather not bad mouth any players as its not my style, I think every player is in the league for a reason and to argue against that would be unfair.

Morrison for £4m is the clear winner!

Nick has done a good job and Norwich will be hard to breakdown, should be a great game for the fans!

Call me biased but I think Agbonlahor would be a great addition to the squad, hopefully we can help his case in this weeks game.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down