The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Average Attendances in the Championship

+2
CFCNick
hbk48942
6 posters

Go down

Top 10 Average Attendances in the Championship Empty Top 10 Average Attendances in the Championship

Post by hbk48942 Fri 01 Nov 2013, 3:10 pm

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/mark.chase/465433/top-10-average-attendances-in-the-championship

is it wrong 2 teams who are both in the bottom 4(Bolton and Wednesday) are in the list yet top placed Burnley dont make the list , seriously we made the list with just under 16000 , you are telling me a top placed team cant manage 16000 at home when they are playing their best football in a few years.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Average Attendances in the Championship Empty Re: Top 10 Average Attendances in the Championship

Post by CFCNick Fri 01 Nov 2013, 3:57 pm

Another thing that struck me is Leeds averaging 14,000 below capacity. I though they were a "big" club. Or so their fans tell me.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Average Attendances in the Championship Empty Re: Top 10 Average Attendances in the Championship

Post by Luke Fri 01 Nov 2013, 4:12 pm

To be fair to Burnley, the town is only 60,000 odd population. So a crowd of 10,000 means 1 in 6 of the people who live there are at the game, plus unless your from Burnley you're not going to support them. And that within 20/30 miles, you've got Blackpool,Preston, Blacburn, Oldham,Accrington, Bury,Rochdale, Morecambe, Both Manchester clubs, Bolton, Wigan, both Liverpool clubs, Halifax, Bradford, who all have loyal support they're not going to pick up alot of casual fans either. Infact you could argue that Sheffield Wednesday (population about 450.000), is worse.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 01 Nov 2013, 11:19 pm

Fantastic Article, having full crowds week in week out is a sign of a superb football club IMO.

It makes me really angry when sides do well with cr*p support e.g. Wigan and then sides with superb support e.g. Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday do rubbish.

It is a pleasure to go the AMEX week in week out, and tbh watching good football in a superb stadium with a packed crowd every week id rather do than be a crap stadium with poor support like someone like Palace, Burnley etc. , hounered to be a supporter. Still have to pinch myself when im siting in the north stand, that many years ago i was watching us lose at Withdean infront of 5,000 people getting drenched and losing to the likes of Carlise, Northampton etc At least now were losing to the likes of Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Blackburn etc!

Love giving home fans grief when we go to there place because there is plenty of empty seats.

"Is this all you have at home" "There's no one there, there's no one there, there's no one there"

My record number of bites on twitter was when i tweeted saying "Why are all the Reading fans dressed as plastic seats"

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 01 Nov 2013, 11:40 pm

These things can be very cyclical. We're generally lucky in that we drag in numbers, but our owners dont deserve us to keep coming. Leeds are a club still not too comfortable with its ow business and when I went in League One they were getting more numbers than most Championship sides.

Brighton have hit a good spell. New stadium and more successful than anyone in that ground likely remembers at a time when money is tighter and they can bring in fair weather sorts saving money on a trip to London and a more family friendly image than before. They go down and that'll dwindle.

Id honestly say there at least comes across to be a more real atmosphere at Palace than Brighton.

If every side had that feel good factor and a brand new stadium then things would be different

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Nov 2013, 12:05 pm

We're pretty lucky in that we are the only side in quite a big radius, we bring in good crowds pretty much every week whatever league
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 02 Nov 2013, 1:20 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:These things can be very cyclical. We're generally lucky in that we drag in numbers, but our owners dont deserve us to keep coming. Leeds are a club still not too comfortable with its ow business and when I went in League One they were getting more numbers than most Championship sides.

Brighton have hit a good spell. New stadium and more successful than anyone in that ground likely remembers at a time when money is tighter and they can bring in fair weather sorts saving money on a trip to London and a more family friendly image than before. They go down and that'll dwindle.

Id honestly say there at least comes across to be a more real atmosphere at Palace than Brighton.

If every side had that feel good factor and a brand new stadium then things would be different
Whilst i do agree with some aspects, 26,000 fans a week is just superb, it beats most prem sides a week, and its good to have someone like Oscar really appericate the crowd and realize how tough it is for fans to come in this day and age, especially with the prices at the AMEX. But people need to remember, we used to always sell out the Goldstone ground, before going homeless for over 10 years.

But i much prefer away games anyway, its when the real support comes out, like i loved Yeovil, reminded me of the good old days, watching us when we were cr*p going to small grounds, all part of the fun. Support is usually more loud away from home. Been said time and time again on the TV and Radio.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down