The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 Football Podcast 31st October 2013 - Questions for Ian Marshall

2 posters

Go down

V2 Football Podcast 31st October 2013 - Questions for Ian Marshall Empty V2 Football Podcast 31st October 2013 - Questions for Ian Marshall

Post by VDT Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:38 pm

This week, we have Ian Marshall who played for Leicester City under Martin O'Neill plus many more clubs over his almost 20 year playing career!

Ian Paul Marshall (born March 20, 1966) is an English former professional footballer who played as a striker and defender from 1984 until 2002.

He notably played in the Premier League with Ipswich Town, Leicester City and Bolton Wanderers, as well as playing in the Football League for Everton, Oldham Athletic and Blackpool.

Marshall made his name playing as a defender and striker for Oldham Athletic but started his career as an apprentice with hometown club Everton. After four years he signed for Oldham for £200,000 and scored nearly 50 goals in almost 200 appearances before joining Ipswich Town in 1993 for £750,000.

At Portman Road he scored 38 times in just over 90 appearances, including five times in his first five games, a feat that has not been repeated since in the Premier League,[1] before being sold to Leicester City for £800,000 in 1996. He played for the Foxes for four seasons, notching up 26 goals in 61 games. He left on a free transfer to Bolton. While at Leicester, Marshall was part of the 2000 League Cup winning team, coming on as a substitute in the final.

After helping the Wanderers to the Premier League he went on loan to Blackpool before making the move to Bloomfield Road permanent in January 2002. He scored once for Blackpool, in a 2-1 defeat to Huddersfield Town in February 2002.[2] He captained the side for their victory in the final of the LDV Vans Trophy at the Millennium Stadium on 12 March 2002. "I was carrying an injury and wasn't 100% fit, but I had decided to call it a day and I wanted to finish on a high, which I did. It was a great day, and night come to think of it, and it will be one I will never forget."[3]

He retired from professional football in May 2002. He moved to Canada in 2005,[4] where he now runs the Ian Marshall Soccer Academy

Please Send Us your Questions!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

V2 Football Podcast 31st October 2013 - Questions for Ian Marshall Empty Re: V2 Football Podcast 31st October 2013 - Questions for Ian Marshall

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:58 pm

I was a big fan of Ian's back in the 90s, whenever he was on the teamsheet you knew your CBs were in for a long afternoon.

My question would be - 'soccer' in Canada is coming along much quicker than it ever has - does he foresee soccer becoming one of the top sports in Canada, or is it too far behind hockey, baseball and CFL? And are the kids over there as talented as kids the same age in the UK?

Back to top Go down

V2 Football Podcast 31st October 2013 - Questions for Ian Marshall Empty Re: V2 Football Podcast 31st October 2013 - Questions for Ian Marshall

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 28 Oct 2013, 4:21 pm

Question for Ian

Who was the best manager you played under throughout you're career?

Who was the best player you played with in you're career?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 4:24 pm

Ooooh, another one:

When you were playing in the Premier League wages weren't anything like what they are now. While I don't need to know how much you earned, can you tell us what you used to spend your money on? And how much of your salary was taken away through tax and the like? (apologies for the more personal question!)

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 31 Oct 2013, 2:00 pm

Any more questions for Ian?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down