The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Winter Sport season

2 posters

Go down

New Winter Sport season Empty New Winter Sport season

Post by Bleausardv2 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 8:53 am

At last - the new season is starting! Not ideal conditions at Sölden for the GS races but a great effort by Lara Gut (Swi) to take the opening race on Saturday - 2 good runs giving her the win from Zettel (Aut) and Rebensburg (Ger).

Seems to be even warmer for the men's race (starting at the reserve start gate because of strong winds higher up), and with the clock change the slope will be in full sun rather earlier in the start list - early on in run 1 and Ted Ligety (USA) seems to be the man on form - 0.9 seconds clear of Pinturault at present! Later - an exciting set of second runs (especially Steve Missilier, who I think had the fastest second run?) but Ted Ligety was on superb form - dagegen ist kein Kraut gewachsen! (as ZDF put it). Anyway, the opening race was Ted Ligety's, from Pinturalut and Hirscher; nice start!
Bleausardv2
Bleausardv2

Back to top Go down

New Winter Sport season Empty Re: New Winter Sport season

Post by The Fourth Lion Fri 08 Nov 2013, 7:02 am

Not getting much chance to see any ski racing on the TV at the moment, as Eurosport's coverage hasn't kicked in yet.

The ice skating from Japan has been interesting so far though and some of the routines on display so far tend towards the "technically efficient" than spectacular. I guess that is due to the skaters looking towards the Winter Olympics this season and wanting to concentrate on ensuring their techniques are working well, whilst keeping their best moves in the locker.

The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sat 16 Nov 2013, 2:09 pm

At last..!! Eurosport coverage has now kicked in and I've had a good wallow in the slalom events from Levi, and the Luge from Lillehammer, this morning.

Damn.. I love winter.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down