The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthew Rees out with testicular problem which requires surgery.

+11
Submachine
SecretFly
George Carlin
Jhamer25
Big
Notch
LordDowlais
VietGwentRevisited
IanBru
ScarletSpiderman
Artful_Dodger
15 posters

Go down

Matthew Rees out with testicular problem which requires surgery. Empty Matthew Rees out with testicular problem which requires surgery.

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:59 pm

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/13096.php#.UmY-K_m6WyM

Think we all have a fair idea what this might be. Wish him all the best and hope its not at an advanced stage.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Matthew Rees out with testicular problem which requires surgery. Empty Re: Matthew Rees out with testicular problem which requires surgery.

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Too true, fingers crossed everything goes well for him and he is back to full health soon.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Matthew Rees out with testicular problem which requires surgery. Empty Re: Matthew Rees out with testicular problem which requires surgery.

Post by IanBru Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:34 pm

Best of luck to him - great player.

Here's hoping he meets this challenge like we know he can.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by VietGwentRevisited Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Actually rather than being the Big C, it could be a torsion.

VietGwentRevisited

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 pm

My best friend had testicular cancer, and it was pretty advanced, the thing is though even though it is one of the most aggressive cancers, it is one of the most treatable one's as well, my butty's had spread into his stomach and lungs and into his liver, but he survived it and is out of remission now, and he is fighting fit again, so if it is this then there is hope for him, so stick two fingers up to it Matthew and fight on. John Hartson had it pretty bad as well and he is doing fine now.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:36 pm

If it is the big C, really hope he comes through it and has caught it early. Al rugby fans will wish him all the best.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Hopefully its something else, like VGR suggests.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:52 pm

VietGwentRevisited wrote:Actually rather than being the Big C, it could be a torsion.
I would hope so but have my doubts

a) I'd expect to read that he'd had surgery, as they operate immediately on a torsion, not that he is due to undergo surgery.
b) he'd not be out for long with it (a couple of weeks from personal experience) so 'an enforced spell away from rugby' sounds a bit more serious.

Would love to be wrong, but irrespective hope he recovers fully and quickly.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:18 am

Let's just all hope it's not what we all think it is. Hope he is fine and back in that Cardiff shirt soon.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:37 am

If it is the worst case scenario then that's a big blow for such a young, healthy man. If so, you just hope that they caught it early and he's receiving good care.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:40 am

Yes guys.......... when I first heard he was out...what did I think?  Well honestly, I felt it was a normal rugby injury/sprain/breakage etc and I felt a little rise in spirits actually ...but that just honours the great player he is, as you'd prefer he wasn't around than around if you support other teams he might clash with!

Then I came in here and I saw the 'testicular' thing mentioned and I have to admit, the serious one didn't come into my head initially.  Again, I hope it's a rugby related twist of some sort that can be managed well (Didn't Paul O'Connell have a major issue in and around that area recently?)

Anyway, as everyone says - I now wish it's very much the lesser of two evils and wish him a speedy recovery that he can come back happy and healthy.... and annoy the hell out of me when I hear his name mentioned on an opposing team.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:58 am

Could be as simple as a ruptured testicle (like the Warrington Rugby League player Paul Wood had). Don't the Blues seem confident they'll see him back soon, which might be positive?

All the very best to him though. Get well soon Smiler.

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 am

Irish Independent reporting it as testicular cancer. Hope he makes a speedy recovery

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:19 am

Submachine wrote:Irish Independent reporting it as testicular cancer. Hope he makes a speedy recovery
Makes sense - when players pick up an injury such as those suggested above - it tends to be reported as a groin injury and a timescale is given as to when they will be back. Even if its an estimate.

Knew as soon as I read the article in the OP that it was a bit more serious than that.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:37 am

I guessed from Dylan Hartley's tweet too reference Movember and the relevance.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:39 am

Here's to a full and speedy recovery for the lad OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 am

Cancer is a tough road for anyone.  
Hopefully caught early enough.  Wishing the best for him.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:56 am

Hope he makes a complete recovery and is back playing soon Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:11 am

Aye, wish MR all the best and a swift recovery. C'mon fellas, get those taches grown next month to support men's health!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down