The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Thread: Munster vs. Ospreys

+9
Ozzy3213
TBJ9625
Notch
ML
Thomond
glamorganalun
grizly hairbear
eirebilly
Loki
13 posters

Go down

Match Thread: Munster vs. Ospreys Empty Match Thread: Munster vs. Ospreys

Post by Loki Sun May 15, 2011 4:11 am

Thought I'd start a proper match thread.

Good luck Munster.

Come on Ospreys!

Loki

Back to top Go down

Match Thread: Munster vs. Ospreys Empty Re: Match Thread: Munster vs. Ospreys

Post by eirebilly Sun May 15, 2011 4:15 am

Good luck Ospreys.

Come on Munster!
Whistle
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun May 15, 2011 5:22 am

Half time: 8-3 to Munster

Stirling defence from the Ospreys is keeping them in the game.

Nigel Owens seems determined to punish the Ospreys front row.

Munster really in control at the moment, all the momentum with them.

Hooks off injured, so only Isaacs on the bench to cover the backs, may be a mistake only having 2 backs on the bench.

Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun May 15, 2011 5:24 am

Cant see Munster loosing it from here. The O's defensive efforts will take their toll later in the game.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun May 15, 2011 5:56 am

That should just about be it for Munster. Not a great game to be honest.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 6:13 am

"may be a mistake only having 2 backs on the bench"

Said before the game it was stupid. No dominance from the pack and no plan b to change things. That's not a good decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun May 15, 2011 7:03 am

Congratulations Munster for a deserved victory.

Really poor selection from the Ospreys, Beck and Bishop should have started and to pick a "power" over our carrying options (Duncan and Bevington) was so utterly naive.

Decent fightback at the end but ultimately futile.

How do Munster fans view their performance? They looked tonne like a team doing what they love!

Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by grizly hairbear Sun May 15, 2011 7:52 am

i weep at this and every proformance lately please please please get us some new coaches, we cant get rid of every player to suit the coaches so get rid of the coaches and get some in that suit the players AND SOON!!!!!!!!
grizly hairbear
grizly hairbear

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun May 15, 2011 9:04 am

Nigel, normal performance against the Ospreys scrum.

Bennett, normal performance can't throw in, Adam jones more successfu.l

Gough, past it may have won some line out ball with I Evans.

With no line out and scrum a mess Ospreys had no chance, score should have been greater.

Good defensive performance both teams and well done Munster and good luck in the final.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun May 15, 2011 9:23 am

The Munster team of 2/3 years ago wouold have hammered the Os tonight.We played poor,wasted a number of try chances.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sun May 15, 2011 9:36 am

grizly hairbear wrote:i weep at this and every proformance lately please please please get us some new coaches, we cant get rid of every player to suit the coaches so get rid of the coaches and get some in that suit the players AND SOON!!!!!!!!

I can only agree wholeheartedly.

Johnson and Ho-Hum should be shown the door IMMEDIATELY. That was the most spineless, clueless, directionless, inept display I have ever seen from a professional Rugby team. Munster didnt have to get out of first gear to beat the Os. The players looked like they had never seen a Rugby ball before and had only just met one another a few moments before kick off.

Something has gone VERY seriously wrong down at the Liberty Stadium, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Whatever it is, Ho-Hum and Johnson, have lost the confidence of the majority of the playing staff - those players did not want to be out there tonight.

The Os are a laughing stock - We have saved lots of money by shedding all the big names, lets save some more by sacking that grinning fool Johnson and Ho-Hum. Then we can afford a coach who can actually do more than sit on the sidelines mouthing platitudes and whimpering..

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun May 15, 2011 10:53 am

Munster can feel rightly ashamed they only managed 18 points in that match. I'm still not sure how they didn't score more. It could have been a hammering,
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by TBJ9625 Sun May 15, 2011 5:46 pm

I think the Ospreys have made it quite clear with his promotion that Johnson is unfortunately going to stay. I never liked him when he was with the Welsh set up and I met him when he first arrived, gave a welcome address to some of the district set up. Came across as cocky and arrogent, but did seem passionate.
Something is clearly wrong there though, the game plan is either so bad or non existant. Holley spouting his usual rubbish, I think him and Hump mighty be the ones who take the fall and I wont be disappointed if they do. If we could attack with courage, speed, organisation and tenacity with which we defend, we would be an amazing team.
TBJ9625
TBJ9625

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun May 15, 2011 6:37 pm

In what is now a very competitive league you could argue that a play off semi final place is a good season, however with the talent available to the Ospreys you have to say they have underachieved.

Forgetting the result in this match for a moment, it is clear from looking at the players that something is not right there. The board need to brave and sweep the place clean of negative influences, and if that means the top end if the coaching staff have to go, then so be it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun May 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Sounds like it was a fair resut but I think this is going to be seen as the ospreys last chance to win anything major, because pf the exodus of talent that is happening this summer. In that respect they have failed.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Schrodinger's Cat Sun May 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Munster should have won by more, but they did win, which is something that have failed to do in other big matches this season.

Schrodinger's Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun May 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Cat- Munster did come close to scoring more. However to say they should have hammered us, as has been suggested in this thread is a disservice to the huge defensive effort o the Ospreys.

Lots of people talking about coach sacking. Personally I don't enjoy discussing people's redundancy, but I can understand the despair.

In reality the respective needs of Wales and the Ospreys are inimical.
We will not see improvement until the personel demands of Team Wales decrease.

Hopefully we have gone some way to solving this by letting many team Wales players leave.

Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Sun May 15, 2011 10:40 pm

WOW! What a game of rugby that was.
Two things stand out for me, a Tommy Bowe tackle and ROG's tackle on...........Bowe.
Munster did what Munster do and the Ospreys didn't have an answer, in addition they conned Owen (again) at the scrum, with 50 minutes gone the possesion was 86% to Munster and territory was 80%. That was a game that the o's weren't designed to win.
If the word about Phillps is right, then the sooner he goes the better.
Very disappointed with Dan Biggar, I have not been one to sing his praises but neither have I been on the "hate Biggar" bandwagon, but his performance was dire.Two phase rugby and kick, was that the coaches instruction? Certainly wasn't the instruction to kick so poorly, but just kicking the heart off the ball was never going to win that game of rugby. Earlier this season he was getting MOM in every other game, but since the AI's his game has quietly deteriorated, is this the Gatland factor or has he been found out?
Firmly intending to renew my season ticket, this game has me wondering, if Biggar is our only option next season at 10 then we could be in for an awful season.
In short we defended well, but never looked likley to win, almost the story of this season.
Rugby is more than just defence and in truth I would rather see 10 man rugby than 80 minutes of magnificent defence.

Tellingly, the O's only sold 14 of their ticket allocation for this game, those who bought them really should be MFL.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sun May 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Loki wrote:Cat- Munster did come close to scoring more. However to say they should have hammered us, as has been suggested in this thread is a disservice to the huge defensive effort o the Ospreys.

I agree about the use of the word 'hammered' but Ospreys didn't look like troubling Munster until the 77th minute. Munster had the upper hand for the marjority of the match and the two early try scoring chances were botched by Munster, rather than well defended.

Loki wrote:Lots of people talking about coach sacking. Personally I don't enjoy discussing people's redundancy, but I can understand the despair.

All a load of hot air. Coaches always get stick after a loss. McGahan would be public enemy No 1 in Munster if they had lost yesterday. All he has managed is a reprieve, but there are still fans on the Munster forum already starting the "McGahan Out" bandwagon.

That's ML Manager of the Year, McGahan, to give him his full title.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Schrodinger's Cat Sun May 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Loki - I wasn't suggesting the defense wasn't good, but Munster weren't clinical with their opportunities. Certainly Ospreys' defense kept them in the match for long stretches.

Schrodinger's Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down