The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook to get IBF title shot if he beats Vyacheslav Senchenko

+14
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
azania
catchweight
milkyboy
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
david lee
Lance
Boxtthis
KingMonkey
AlexHuckerby
rIck_dAgless
bhb001
18 posters

Go down

Kell Brook to get IBF title shot if he beats Vyacheslav Senchenko Empty Kell Brook to get IBF title shot if he beats Vyacheslav Senchenko

Post by bhb001 Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:09 am

Reported on BBC web site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/24556438

I am always glad for a UK fighter to get a shot at a title, but I don't see how this works when Senchenko isn't even top ten. A little bit like DeGale from yesterday for me. Is this just a last rush of publicity to get a few more tickets sold before next week or is this real?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook to get IBF title shot if he beats Vyacheslav Senchenko Empty Re: Kell Brook to get IBF title shot if he beats Vyacheslav Senchenko

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:13 am

I heard this on Sky Sports last night also, I realise that they are not always a paragon of truth, but it seems like this could be true.

I do think it is about time! But I certainly agree that Senchenko should not be the gatekeeper of such an opportunity

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook to get IBF title shot if he beats Vyacheslav Senchenko Empty Re: Kell Brook to get IBF title shot if he beats Vyacheslav Senchenko

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:06 pm

Well, I would say Senchenko skill wise etc is generally a very good gatekeeper in the WW division right now. He is a former title holder aswell...

You would imagine it was true considering the fact that he was scheduled to fight the winner of Alexander and Khan. He would be the Mandatory in the IBF so it makes complete sense for it to be happening. Depends on boxing politics I guess.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:07 pm

If Senchenko shouldn't then who should? He's an ideal gatekeeper.

If we're being brutally honest then he should probably fight in an eliminator but Senchenko is an ex-title holder and (more to the point) the IBF to Hearn is what the WBO is/was to Warren.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:07 pm

Plus it is only fair I suppose considering he was unfortunate to get injured when attempting to fight Alexander last time, and Alexander pulling out because he thought he was going to get Floyd instead of Guerrero.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:40 pm

Good for Brook. Long overdue to step it up. Alexander will be a great barometer (providing he doesn't slip up against Senchenko).

I see Alexander is slated to fight Shaun Porter now. So Khan vs Alexander is looking to be definitely out of the picture then.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:13 pm

So Kell gets a very winnable and profitable fight at home against Senchenko. If he wins then he gets back to the position he was in beforehand...

Proves Hearn has sidestepped the Alexander fight, that hes not confident of Kell winning, in order to make a bit more money out of him first. The same thing is happening with Bellew. The longer Hearn can sell him as a hyped up challenger the better. I think Hearn realised the same thing Warren did...Kell is not that special afterall

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by david lee Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:33 pm

Could be a good fight one for the purists.

david lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm

Eddie Hearn loves a final eliminator
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm

Brook is the best prospect in the country guys
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:39 pm

Gosh you are deluded Lance. So cute. You don't half love your conspiracies.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:47 pm

To be fair to Hearn going the number one contender route makes sense. You are guaranteed a sensible purse and cannot be tied up with rematch clauses and the such like.

Not sure what folks problem is with this fight Brook has been injured so needs some activity to blow the rust off. Given he is still number one contender he is not going to risk that against someone too dangerous but by the same token Senchenko is no mug, this is about as big a gamble as anyone could or should realistically expect.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:49 pm

I dont think the problem is the fight itself Jeff, it is the assumption that this should be the springboard to a world title shot and be treated almost like a final eliminator.

Senchenko is definately no mug, but neither is he one fight down from a world title

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Oct 2013, 1:55 pm

To be honest Rick, suspect it is just the IBF shoe horning their way into another sanctioning fee. Believe before his injuries Brook was number one contender for Alexander anyway so given he has not lost since then struggle to imagine he has lost that status. Just seems to be governing body nonsense again. TV companies also like to be able to attach some sort of belt or tag to a fight so guess they have had an influence as well.

As I have said previously I am past the point of getting wound up by it. I assess a fight on its merits rather than what belt it is for and this is a decent match up for me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 17 Oct 2013, 2:00 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Gosh you are deluded Lance. So cute. You don't half love your conspiracies.

whats the conspiracy? contrary to what some people think, Brook has sold very well in his last couple of home fights. Senchenko is a good name too. I actually like the fight. But its clear when the opportunity came up they wanted this before the Alexnder fight. Easier money...and surprise surprise the Alexander fight is still there for them afterwards. Money in the bank. You are naïve to how promoters work clearly

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 17 Oct 2013, 2:13 pm

They needed Kell to have another fight to go in on the back of to fight for a world title rather than wait for another 3 months...? Devious promoters.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 17 Oct 2013, 2:22 pm

Is this a final eliminator for a title or a final eliminator for a final eliminator, or an eliminating final elimator in order to achieve a final eliminator.

If his ring entrance involves a light show is it a final illuminator?

Brook fights are do confusing.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 17 Oct 2013, 2:29 pm

Rowley wrote:To be honest Rick, suspect it is just the IBF shoe horning their way into another sanctioning fee.
Sadly i think that youmay be right Jeff, at the moment with this sport, you have to almost pick your battles that you are going to be angry about, otherwise you would just be permanently irate.

I guess a decent boxer fighting another decent boxer is not one of those fights!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 17 Oct 2013, 3:51 pm

Well at least there shouldn't be any belts in the ring for this. Brook walked out carrying two after his fight with Matthew Hatton and I'm still at a loss as to what they were.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 17 Oct 2013, 4:29 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:They needed Kell to have another fight to go in on the back of to fight for a world title rather than wait for another 3 months...? Devious promoters.
wasn't that how they sold the Carson Jones rematch though? this is now his 3rd eliminator...

if they believed he was gonna go to America and stop Alexander, the fight would have happened by now. They know its 50/50 at best, so would rather take it a bit slower and milk him as a prospect as long as they can

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 17 Oct 2013, 4:31 pm

Didnt Alexander pull out of a fight with a shoulder injury?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 17 Oct 2013, 5:46 pm

Is Kell still alive?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 17 Oct 2013, 7:58 pm

Alexander pulled out once. Brook twice. And shortly after Kell fights Jones at light middle...coincidence??? Prob wasn't gonna make weight. Best prospect in the land he is
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:07 pm

I think it's more when he beats the average Senchenko.............

Still he deserves a shot..............and he has a chance of beating Alexander who doesn't rap that hard......

Be an interesting fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:08 pm

azania wrote:Is Kell still alive?
Haha Kell just floats about from time to time.

If he looses against Shev his career is over.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:17 pm

Your spelling really is atrocious (wait a minute while I just check atrocious)............

If you were My Son I'd send you back to school. Then again If you were my Son you'd probably talk to me......So maybe I could adopt !! Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Your spelling really is atrocious (wait a minute while I just check atrocious)............

If you were My Son I'd send you back to school.  Then again If you were my Son you'd probably talk to me......So maybe I could adopt !! Cool 
I do hope for your sake you're not talking about me TRUSS?

YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE WITH ME SUNSHINE!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:28 pm

Perfectly spelt........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Perfectly spelt........
Cheers it helps when you point these things out for me

Tell me if I'v spelt this right...

pluck off you pat jank Very Happy 

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 17 Oct 2013, 9:32 pm

Kell Brook? Who is that?

Is that the boxer from Sheffield who fights tin cans and states to be better than most?

The guy who couldn't be arsed making weight so made up a fight at another weight?

Yeh he is a top top prospect.

Waster. No interest. Hope he loses.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 25 Oct 2013, 10:21 pm

Heres Brooks opponent lined up after Senchenko

Tough Polish fighter Wieshal Jerkov. He has only lost 6 fights. 2 of them were in the ring as well

Kell Brook to get IBF title shot if he beats Vyacheslav Senchenko 1285734663_maas

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by trenchtownbaboon Fri 25 Oct 2013, 11:10 pm

Steffan wrote:Heres Brooks opponent lined up after Senchenko

Tough Polish fighter Wieshal Jerkov. He has only lost 6 fights. 2 of them were in the ring as well

Kell Brook to get IBF title shot if he beats Vyacheslav Senchenko 1285734663_maas
Haha your on form today mate thumbsup
trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 26 Oct 2013, 12:19 am

Ahhhh and my point has been proven.

Brilliant.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 26 Oct 2013, 7:14 am

Just playing devils advocate here MM but didn't Floyd ignore weight stipulations against Marquez? Is he a waster?

Brook certainly seems to have his head screwed on in his recent interviews and looked in great shape on the scales, really hope he gets his world title shot but he's in a division full of a talent and could struggle to hold on to it for long should he win.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:38 am

No Hampo, i understand where your coming from, and i brought that up in a previous thread.

How much grief did Floyd get? loads.

He also lost a hell of a lot of money for doing it as well plus he had just come back from a two year absence from the game against an active and great fighter.

Kell Brook did everything the opposite.

Wanted a catchweight because he couldn't be arsed, didn't have to pay a fine for it, hadn't been retired (had only picked up "injuries").

Nobody bats an eyelid, maybe only a few including myself.

I mentioned that this fight would lead to him getting a shot undeservedly, because lets be honest, who has he beat in the top 10 at Welter?

Was also funny reading his interview yesterday when he stated

"we saw what he did to Hatton so it should be tough"

Errr.....

Anyway, i don't have time for him, wont be watching later so ill just check on here.

i hope he loses but that's just me, don't like his application or his attitude.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down