The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bound For Glory - Where Is The Hype?

3 posters

Go down

Bound For Glory - Where Is The Hype? Empty Bound For Glory - Where Is The Hype?

Post by crippledtart Wed 09 Oct 2013, 8:16 pm

http://wrestletalk.tv/development/Bound_For_Glory-_Where_Is_The_Hype/

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Bound For Glory - Where Is The Hype? Empty Re: Bound For Glory - Where Is The Hype?

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 09 Oct 2013, 10:06 pm

Excellent article Crips, nail on the head, if you can see this, and I can see this (a guy who lost almost all interest in TNA) then why do supposed experts not get this?

I think there's more to it than meets the eye, I don't think its as basic as saying guys in charge dont know how to run a company, while that may well be the case I wonder if the guys running TNA are trying to create some sort of different method, I don't think they particularly care about BFG or any other PPV, It looks like they're working from iMPACT! to iMPACT!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Bound For Glory - Where Is The Hype? Empty Re: Bound For Glory - Where Is The Hype?

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 10 Oct 2013, 5:40 pm

I can only echo what Kay Fabe said.

Brilliant article that perfectly explains what I've felt is wrong with TNA (and have alluded to a couple of times in other threads).

The single biggest problem is that all their creative energies seem to have gone into the Aces & Eights story...not always successfully at that.

Even before that though, the shows were dominated by one or two feuds or stories in the heavyweight scene, so that when they showed an X Divsion, tag team or Knockouts match, they likely involved wrestlers you might not even have seen in a while, nevermind having a chance to actually develop a story / reason for the fight.

Then they wonder why they often get lukewarm reactions from the crowds?

If what Kay said is true and they are indeed working from one Impact show to the next, I think that shows very blinkered, short-term thinking.

While its fine to just create a grand spectacle that'll wow the kids, even if they can't tell one wrestler from another, if they want to retain and build their adult fanbase, they need to start giving them a reason to care about the product and build up some sense of drama and anticipation.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing AJ Styles go one-on-one with Dixie Carter (maybe I need to subscribe to a different channel for that Wink )
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down