The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

charlie sheen replaced on two and a half men

+4
hodge
Derbyblue
Liam_Main
Fernando
8 posters

Go down

charlie sheen replaced on two and a half men  Empty charlie sheen replaced on two and a half men

Post by Fernando Sat May 14, 2011 5:31 am

ASHTON KUTCHER has filled the most talked about vacancy on US TV.

The Punk'd star is reportedly putting final touches on a deal to replace troubled CHARLIE SHEEN on hit comedy Two And A Half Men.

Shortly after the news broke on The Hollywood Reporter yesterday, Ashton appeared to confirm the news on his Twitter account.

He tweeted: "What's the square root of 6.25?" leaving his followers to believe the answer 2.5 is a confirmation that he is taking on the role.

Writer CHUCK LORRE has reportedly created a hilarious storyline to introduce the 33-year-old actor to viewers, with sources revealing he will receive a "huge payday" to join the long-running series.

A source said: "It's really funny. People are going to love it. Chuck's really happy."

A number of high profile stars - including ROB LOWE, WOODY HARRELSON, JEREMY PIVEN and JOHN STAMOS - had all been tipped to take over from Charlie on the sitcom with British star HUGH GRANT recently turning down the job due to "creative differences".

According to insiders, creator and executive producer Chuck - who Charlie branded "s***brain and "Chucky Cheeseball" during their very public feud in February - will only continue the show if he can find someone to work comfortably with.

A source told website Deadline.com: "Chuck will only continue if he can find the right actor and get excited about that. It has to be somebody Chuck can work with."

Warner Bros. and network CBS are keen to get the matter resolved soon in order to get a new series of the show ready before the end of the year.

A source said: "Everybody wants the show back and to support Chuck creatively and to do something the advertising community will feel good about.

"The only issue was whether everyone could get the show up and running and right fast enough to make this fall's schedule."

Charlie - who was America's highest-paid TV star, raking in £770,000 per episode - was fired from the show in March after wild drug benders and rants at show chiefs.

He then went on a sold-out live US Violent Torpedo of Truth tour which earnt him £4million.

certainly an intriguing choice of replacement.

he's a very good comedy actor so could actually work out well.

charlie's only got himself to blame

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

charlie sheen replaced on two and a half men  Empty Re: charlie sheen replaced on two and a half men

Post by Liam_Main Sat May 14, 2011 5:36 am

Disappointed that he's been replaced but now I know that Ashton Kutcher's replacing him I think CBS have made a good choice I used to love Punk'd and hes been in some hilarious films.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

charlie sheen replaced on two and a half men  Empty Re: charlie sheen replaced on two and a half men

Post by Derbyblue Sat May 14, 2011 5:47 am

I think the key thing will be how they manage to introduce him so that he's a main character, who's Rose going to stalk now?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat May 14, 2011 5:48 am

Does anyone know any sites to watch two and a half men on i've missed a ton of episodes.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat May 14, 2011 5:55 am

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/two_and_a_half_men/

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat May 14, 2011 6:00 am

Sad

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat May 14, 2011 6:17 am

Derbyblue wrote:I think the key thing will be how they manage to introduce him so that he's a main character, who's Rose going to stalk now?

apparently they've come up with a hilarious storyline for that.

maybe have things not work out with rose and have a face transplant?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat May 14, 2011 6:31 am

Derbyblue wrote:http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/two_and_a_half_men/

Cheers Derby thumbsup
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat May 14, 2011 6:31 am

fernando wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:I think the key thing will be how they manage to introduce him so that he's a main character, who's Rose going to stalk now?

apparently they've come up with a hilarious storyline for that.

maybe have things not work out with rose and have a face transplant?
They would say it's hilarious, not many producers/writers of comedy show's are going to say their storylines are rubbish, don't make sense, and won't make you laugh.

That story though would mean Charlie Sheen can never return.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat May 14, 2011 6:33 am

that's not true could easily get it removed when rose leaves him alone.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat May 14, 2011 6:35 am

Are face transplants really that easy to reverse, plus they would in that story have to have Ashton Kutcher sounding like Charlie Sheen, and there would need to be some form of story they could tell Rose as to why Charlie has disappeared and who this new person is.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Tue May 17, 2011 11:29 pm

I can't see it working at all. Alan will now look a good 10 years older than his 'older' brother. 'Hilarious storyline' or not, I think the shows popularity is going to nosedive as the fans won't appreciate the change.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Thu May 19, 2011 6:19 am

BigPhil wrote:I can't see it working at all. Alan will now look a good 10 years older than his 'older' brother. 'Hilarious storyline' or not, I think the shows popularity is going to nosedive as the fans won't appreciate the change.

I read that he was coming in as a new character all together and not just a straight swap for Charlie (mad as a hatter) Sheen.

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu May 19, 2011 8:22 am

I haven't read who he's coming in as but no-one in their right mind would put him as Charlie, unless they do nando's face transplant idea and even that's pretty dumb.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 am

i reckon he will be a cousin or something

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 pm

They'd have to reformat the whole series if it's going to be a new character. It could be interesting, I might have a chuckle at the new episodes.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Sat May 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Think they will start the new season at Charlies funeral( much like only fools and horses) & Ashton will turn out to be Charlies illigitamte son who gets the house in the will

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by graf_the_greatest Mon May 23, 2011 9:29 am

From the little I've seen of this programme, it appears to be the typical, safe and bland American 'comedy' show lacking in any real humour or cutting. acerbic wit.

Why don't they replace all the cast with...nothing. I think that would be far more amusing and less of a waste of money and time.

graf_the_greatest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon May 23, 2011 9:57 am

graf_the_greatest wrote:From the little I've seen of this programme, it appears to be the typical, safe and bland American 'comedy' show lacking in any real humour or cutting. acerbic wit.

Why don't they replace all the cast with...nothing. I think that would be far more amusing and less of a waste of money and time.

why don't you come back when you've watched a series of it instead of complaining after seeing as you say so little of it because its actually quite a funny program.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down