The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+30
golfermartin
Y I Man
barragan
puligny
SpacemanSpiff
dynamark
incontinentia
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
raycastleunited
hend085
Shotrock
Plunky
gaelgowfer
kwinigolfer
Davie
1GrumpyGolfer
SmithersJones
goldwolf
MontysMerkin
westisbest
pedro
super_realist
McLaren
beninho
BlueCoverman
mystiroakey
MustPuttBetter
JAS
34 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 26 Sep 2013 - 20:41

First topic message reminder :

super_realist wrote:Well done Jas, I've done it a few times and have applied too. Not heard back yet though.
I did it in 2008 Super and was disappointed not to break 4 hours (I ran Glasgow 3 times in the mid 80s with a PB of 2.52) Huge difference in running marathons from early to mid 20's and late 40's/early 50's though. I said in 2008 that I had one more left and it WOULD be sub 4 hours!! I've applied 3 times without success since but I'm in this time.

BlueCoverman wrote:Nice one JAS...trust all that training won't interfere with the golf schedule too much!
In reality and coupled with the Captaincy it probably will knock my game backwards a bit. C'est la vie :-/. Ideally the day I'd want to be doing my last long training run is the day of the Captains drive in.

kwinigolfer wrote:Didn't Kirkygolfer run in it - think some of us helped him raise money?
I'm sure somebody from the boards did Kwini, cant remember the name though.

Last edited by JAS on Thu 26 Sep 2013 - 20:49; edited 1 time in total

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 11:31

It must have been a quiet sporting year when he won SPOTY, bit like when the horse faced Royal one.

I'd have given Giggs the lifetime achievement award, but he in no way has ever deserved the SPOTY.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 11:39

At least he kept it in the family. If woods had been rooting elins twin I think the outcome would have been much better.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 12:37

Giggs may not be the best model for football players off the field, but deserves some recognition for his on-field performances over the years. He should go down as one of the greats in my eyes, and thats from a Leeds Utd supporter. There's a film out today on limited release which I shall be interested in "The Class of 92" is about Giggs, Beckham, Scholes etc all 6 of them still being fantastic close freinds, all reached the top of the game, won trophies ........ scared of Fergie etc.

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 12:16

Two burning questions today ...

AVB - has he lost the plot?
Tom Daley. Who didn't see THAT one coming?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 12:20

No convincing evidence that AVB ever found the plot.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 12:36

Tottenham have had 217 shots on goal(the most in the PL)

Tottenham have scored 9 goals and have the worst goals to shots ratio(Less than my dear palace!!)

Defoe has only played 180 mins in the PL , without a start- yet has still scored 9 goals in Europe and cup games..

Soldado has played more time in the PL(950 mins) than Defoe has played all season and scored 1 goal in open play( plus 3 pens) in 1200 mins of football.

Man City have had 204 shots on target and scored 34 goals.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 13:04

Davie wrote:Two burning questions today ...

Apparently, Tom Daley said he still fancies girls, but no doubt that is to make sure he doesn't lose his teenage girl fan base and therefore lose revenue.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 13:09

Mac might find that news interesting.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 13:11

Tom daleys stock has just risen ten fold.

I thought Mac was only in love with that potter girl?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 13:21

mystiroakey wrote:Tom daleys stock has just risen ten fold.

I thought Mac was only in love with that potter girl?
Well he said he'd fellate Nine CHins and take a hand job off Adam Scott, neither of whom is gay, so if he's intent on bedding a celebrity, at least Daley bats for the same team.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 13:26

Well i think he was just winding you up dude, or maybe swings both ways..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 13:46

mystiroakey wrote:mclarenTom daleys distock has just risen ten fold.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 13:47

Laugh

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 13:52

lorus59 wrote:
Davie wrote:Two burning questions today ...

Apparently, Tom Daley said he still fancies girls, but no doubt that is to make sure he doesn't lose his teenage girl fan base and therefore lose revenue.
Well that's too bad Tom because I don't think they'll fancy you.

lorus59 ... yep, you have to think he's going to lose sponsorship deals.  Don't know who he's taking advice from but ...

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 13:55

No he will gain sponsorship 

Gay is the new red. It's fashionable

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 14:25

The AVB presser was brilliant. Its good to see someone standing up for himself against the gutter press. If you do a job well better then anyone before you or anyone since, and its then written that anyone could have done what you did, then damn right you should have a go back. And Jermain Defoe did start against West Ham, and by all accounts was terrible, he also started against Hull in the cup, and reports are not great about that either. AVB just gets it in the neck because he took over from press favourite Harry. Spurs will come good, i think.

And Tom Daley is just greedy. He likes boys and he likes Girls.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 14:33

Avbs team have a shocking goals to shots and possession ratio.

He is to stubborn over soldado end of story.

But he is still doing something right as he has the most shots on goal

But enough is enough. Start Defoe , sideline soldado

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 0:11

gaelgowfer wrote:yep, you have to think he's going to lose sponsorship deals.  Don't know who he's taking advice from but ...

What makes you think that? Or is that what you think should happen?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 7:47

Gael, do you think he might have to promote the more seedy type of product?

Perhaps Vaseline, Durex extra strength or the latest Jimmy Sommerville number?

Seems you have a very dim and outdated view. He might even become more ubiquitous than he already is unfortunately (I just find him annoying, nothing to do with him being gay Mac, just incase you get the wrong idea)

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 9:03

I myself am shocked. He always came across as a very macho type of guy. A really manly man. To find out he is gay is just unbelievable, who'da thought it?
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 9:25

are we supposed to care if a famous sportsperson is gay? i don't see it as particularly newsworthy
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 9:31

The surprising thing is that people couldn't already see he was gay, plain as day.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 9:37

It's only newsworthy because so few sportsmen "come out" - at least while they are still actively participating in their sport

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 9:54

MontysMerkin wrote:I myself am shocked. He always came across as a very macho type of guy. A really manly man. To find out he is gay is just unbelievable, who'da thought it?
I bet you were shocked when Ricky Martin came out a couple of years ago as well. That was another bolt from the blue.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 10:02

Will Young must have bowled you right over Monty........
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 10:15

I know right? I mean who the hell would have guessed it? And Will Young? Jesus H Christmas what? I mean come on, the whole place is going to hell in a handcart.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 10:50

That Larry Grayson, who'd have thought it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:02

I have an image of a young Monty crying tears of disbelief as we run through a montage of Elton John, Freddie Mercury, George Michael all coming out and shocking the world.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:17

It is sad that it is an issue when someone in the public eye comes out, but it is still an issue because negative attitudes towards homosexuals are still rife.

So yes incon, or anyone else questioning the significance of daly coming out, there are several reasons we should care about a sportsperson coming out. For starters the public reaction is a decent barometer to general attitudes.

It may be a cliche but stats show that feeling supported and safe plays a big part when it comes to young people thinking about coming out. To see a well known person get a positive response can only help people feel better.

We live in a world where the olympics are still held in openly homophobic regimes, do you need any more proof that there is still progress to be made? And progress in the current environment needs publicity. What better publicity than an intelligent young guy being part of the cause.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:19

The sponsorship angle is interesting for Daley.

I assume his main sponsor is adidas. They won't care, they're focused on sporting performance. I can't see them using him to target the gay market. If anything, they probably want him to cut down the celebrity element of his lifestyle and focus on winning some medals.

Who else sponsors him? If you want a sponsor for grand theft auto or some other mindless game where you go around beating people up then you probably never considered Daley anyway, plenty of Wayne Rooney's for that sort of thing. Am sure lots of fashion brands would love to sponsor Daley now.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:21

McLaren wrote:It is sad that it is an issue when someone in the public eye comes out, but it is still an issue because negative attitudes towards homosexuals are still rife.  

So yes incon, or anyone else questioning the significance of daly coming out, there are several reasons we should care about a sportsperson coming out.  For starters the public reaction is a decent barometer to general attitudes.

It may be a cliche but stats show that feeling supported and safe plays a big part when it comes to young people thinking about coming out.  To see a well known person get a positive response can only help people feel better.

We live in a world where the olympics are still held in openly homophobic regimes, do you need any more proof that there is still progress to be made?  And progress in the current environment needs publicity.  What better publicity than an intelligent young guy being part of the cause.

what a passionate sermon from a patronising little twerp.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:22

My criticism of Daley is that he appears to be more concerned with being a celebrity than top of his sport.

I don't care he's gay any more than I'd care if my MP was gay, but I'm rather tired of seeing Daley on tv for non diving matters, long before he came out.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 12:11

raycastleunited wrote:The sponsorship angle is interesting for Daley.

I assume his main sponsor is adidas. They won't care, they're focused on sporting performance. I can't see them using him to target the gay market. If anything, they probably want him to cut down the celebrity element of his lifestyle and focus on winning some medals.

Who else sponsors him? If you want a sponsor for grand theft auto or some other mindless game where you go around beating people up then you probably never considered Daley anyway, plenty of Wayne Rooney's for that sort of thing. Am sure lots of fashion brands would love to sponsor Daley now.
You, sir, are a feckin idiot.
There is nothing mindless about beating people up. I put a lot of thought and effort how I go about my business in this area and I will have you know I am quite the success. Grand Theft Auto is all that stands between me going postal and taking out half of the UK, rampage style, in real life. Just because your thumbs are uncoordinated does not mean you can discriminate against us armchair hooligans.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 12:29

Bloody hell, just heard Julian Clary's been dropped as the face of the UFC. Turns out he's been hiding his light under a bushel as well, if you know what I mean....
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 13:22

MontysMerkin wrote:Bloody hell, just heard Julian Clary's been dropped as the face of the UFC. Turns out he's been hiding his light under a bushel as well, if you know what I mean....
you mean he wears a merkin?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 13:24

I don't know him that well
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 13:33

Ha ha fair play monty.

I hear there's a vacancy for you as a high speed driver in the next fast and furious film. They are looking for someone who can drive expertly with their thumbs.

They've discovered that if you drive like that in real life it doesn't work out very well...

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 13:45

raycastleunited wrote:Ha ha fair play monty.

I hear there's a vacancy for you as a high speed driver in the next fast and furious film. They are looking for someone who can drive expertly with their thumbs.

They've discovered that if you drive like that in real life it doesn't work out very well...
was Paul Walker driving with his thumbs?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 13:51

I am way too good an actor to be in the fast and the furious. In fact the chair I am sitting on has just got an audition for the vin diesel part but probably won't get the gig due to a clash in scheduling.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 13:51

He was'nt even driving.

Shame he's dead, thought he was a decent actor.

By all accounts a good bloke.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 14:00

Fast and furious 6 has just risen ten fold in the online illegal download sites.

Nice bloke(seemed to be) , shame, kind of ironic though even if he wasn't driving.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=50359

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20