The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUF 19

2 posters

Go down

TUF 19 Empty TUF 19

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Just as TUF 18 airs I hear that TUF 19 goes into filming in October scheduled for January with BJ Penn & Frankie Edgar as coaches. Apparently they are fighting at featherweight a weight that BJ has never fought before. Not sure of the weight or weights fighting in this series but it could be LHW & MW. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

TUF 19 Empty Re: TUF 19

Post by compelling and rich Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 am

cant understand the fight, BJ hasnt been a top rated fighter for a while and throwing him with a recent champ in his strongest division its going to be a drawn out (bj still got a cracking chin) beating

glad to see if it is LHW or MW, my favorites divisions. they keep enough power that it can change with one hit but have much better cardio and skill sets than the fatties

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:43 am

I think it could be both weights, its a format they've done before, both weights historically have been strong and like you say you do get the one hit ko's. HW's across boxing, mma & now kick boxing seem to have attracted a lot of big guys who seem to lack the skill & cardio and just rely on size & brute strength.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri May 23, 2014 8:47 am

Totally forgot about this.

Managed to watch it last night.

Had missed the first 4 fight.

The fight was ok, nothing special.

The end of the fight(the decision), was interesting.

Dana went ape.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri May 23, 2014 8:55 am

Its middleweights & LHW'S.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 6:15 pm

Been following this series and have enjoyed it so far. Both coaches are good and we're seeing some good training stuff. Fights have been ok but some of the fights to get into the house were better!

Odd situation with the scoring and for me this is where a 10 point must can fall down sometimes. Apparently Zapata lost a point in a round that he would have won so because he lost the the point he loses the round 10-9 as opposed to drawing it 9-9?

Think Dana was right to kick off & the ref should have been clearer with warnings due to illegal elbows but reply showed they weren't illegal when he docked the point

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum