The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 All-Ireland Hurling Final

+7
ME-109
Thomond
KiaRose
Cari
The Boss
Feckless Rogue
patrick91
11 posters

Go down

2013 All-Ireland Hurling Final Empty 2013 All-Ireland Hurling Final

Post by patrick91 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 2:56 am

8th September 2013 Croke Park

Minor - Galway v Waterford 1.15 (TV3)

Senior - Clare v Cork 3.30 (RTE 2)

An Clár: P Kelly; D O’Donovan, D McInerney, C Dillon; B Bugler, P Donnellan (c) P O’Connor; Conor Ryan, C Galvin; J Conlon, T Kelly Colin Ryan; P Collins, D Honan, C McGrath.

Corcaigh: A Nash; S McDonnell, S O'Neill, C O'Sullivan; B Murphy, C Joyce, W Egan; L McLoughlin, D Kearney; S Harnedy, P Cronin, C Lehane; L O'Farrell, P Horgan, J Coughlan.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

2013 All-Ireland Hurling Final Empty Re: 2013 All-Ireland Hurling Final

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 08 Sep 2013, 2:27 pm

Up the banner
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun 08 Sep 2013, 2:45 pm

Looking forward to this. Davy Fitz will provide entertainment regardless of the result

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 2:58 pm

Minor Result Waterford 1-21 v 0-16 Galway
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 08 Sep 2013, 3:12 pm

Fair play to Waterford. So many brilliant young hurlers seem to be coming through now in so many counties.

Lots of pundits casually referring to this championship as the best in memory. Big claim to make. But it has been brilliant. Dublins Leinster win was brilliant to see. Limericks Munster win was class. Cork v Dublin semi was a classic. And two brilliant young teams have come out of almost nowhere to reach the final. And Kilkenny were dreadful.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 08 Sep 2013, 3:52 pm

What a save by Kelly!  And how tall is Darach Honan?!  He looks taller than Devin Toner! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:02 pm

What a game! Out of breath watching it

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:03 pm

And it's a draw.  Cork fans will be annoyed because the ref didn't blow up after the 72 minute. At a glance, Clare should've won that but they gave away the goal opportunities to Cork, and the Cork goal keeper is very good at taking scores.

Last edited by Cari on Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

Clare didnt deserve to lose today. Some balls for a corner back haha

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:06 pm

Cracking game. Clare didn't deserve to lose so a draw was the better result. Cork will have to up their game to win the replay.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:10 pm

Another handy 6 million quid for the GAA then, why am I even surprised anymore typical shoite from them

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:19 pm

That would have been daylight robbery if Cork won though Thomond. How did Clare dominate so much and not win. They're a very young team though. They have time to learn to be more ruthless.

Brilliant entertainment as usual though. And we get to do it all again in a few weeks.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:21 pm

The replay is on the 28th apparently. There's the small matter of the Dubs winning the football on the 22nd first though...Wink 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:24 pm

Thomond wrote:Another handy 6 million quid for the GAA then, why am I even surprised anymore typical shoite from them
clap 
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 08 Sep 2013, 5:29 pm

Cork didn't deserve to win at all doesn't mean it shouldn't have been blown up. Cork are a young side too but less experienced on the big time. Sickening to be honest.

Cork tried to hit high ball into a half forward line that got obliterated all day, their tactics at times were baffling Cork at their best this year have been hitting it low and running it at teams, didn't do that enough today, might get a ticket for the next game hopefully!

Davy mad at the refs. Shane O'Neill should have been sent off if he had I wouldn't be complaining here now so I suppose I should be somewhat grateful.

We believe in JBM though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:25 pm

Shane O'Neil..meh could have gone but in fairness Honan swung first so if O'Neil went so should Honan....

Over the course of the 70 mins it would have been daylight robbery. However the last 15 we were good.

Loads of things to work on in the backline especially as we were not tight enough. JBM needs to get the brains trust working on the half forwards and mid field. Too many times trying to win the ball cleanly when they needed to try breaking the ball more.

Main thing was our subs made more of an impact than Clares. However for Clares equalising point all I will say is someone should take Cathal Naughton and slap him around the place. He was within 5 metres of the ball when it landed in the Cork 65 area and he just stood there watching for about 10 seconds, even one of the full forwards was coming back to help out...kindoff typical of our game today.

Am just back from the game and just saw Davy Fitz's Post match interview. Does the man have any self respect for himself and his county. JBM is class a pure gent and legend in Cork(Maybe ROG and Keano could have taken lessons from him sometimes). Gracious to Clare and just a real giant of a man.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:45 pm

Thomond wrote:Another handy 6 million quid for the GAA then, why am I even surprised anymore typical shoite from them
They don't even make half of that for a final. What's the issue, yeah the ref gave it 20/30 seconds after the 72 but that's pretty normal, play out the last phase and all that. Cracking game, pity my brother decided to schedule a 5 y/o's birthday party starting at kickoff with the cake nonsense at 79 mins on the clock. I saw the pictures, the kid looked delighted to be blowing those candles out.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by patrick91 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 5:47 pm

Replay fixed for Saturday 28th September at 5 pm. Going to be strange not only to see the final played on a Saturday but an evening slot is a real break with tradition plus depending on weather we might see a floodlit All-Ireland Final in Croker.
patrick91
patrick91

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 09 Sep 2013, 6:39 pm

I just have a horrible feeling Clare have blown a brilliant chance. Can only see Cork improve on that performance.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:56 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:I just have a horrible feeling Clare have blown a brilliant chance. Can only see Cork improve on that performance.
Certainly they have opened the door for us, but even as a Corkman I cannot see how JBM is going to get something different out of our midfield and half forwards...we were not only cleaned out we were just not at the races full stop.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 10 Sep 2013, 12:47 pm

Thomond wrote:Cork didn't deserve to win at all doesn't mean it shouldn't have been blown up. Cork are a young side too but less experienced on the big time. Sickening to be honest.

Cork tried to hit high ball into a half forward line that got obliterated all day, their tactics at times were baffling Cork at their best this year have been hitting it low and running it at teams, didn't do that enough today, might get a ticket for the next game hopefully!

Davy mad at the refs. Shane O'Neill should have been sent off if he had I wouldn't be complaining here now so I suppose I should be somewhat grateful.

We believe in JBM though.
Thomond,

The rule is clearly "minimum of 2 minutes".............JBM is making no issue of the added time. To be fair, 2 minutes added time in the first place was wrong. There was stoppages in the 2nd half worth 4 or 5 mins added time.....................Davy Fitz needs to shut up, and shut up fast before he hinders his team any further with his bazzare rants.................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 26 Sep 2013, 11:32 pm

Right Game on...Cork team has one change (Cian McCarthy at Centre forward) and Clare no change....starting to feel a lot more confident for Cork than initial feelings after the drawn game....Clare definitely favourites though

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 29 Sep 2013, 5:58 pm

Did anyone watch the match? Absolutely superb. Another great advert for hurling. Clare's Shane O'Donnell will be a huge star in future too. Two goals in seven minutes?! Cork did well to come back as they did, but all credit to Clare for hanging on and getting the final goals.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 29 Sep 2013, 11:42 pm

If Carlsberg did All Ireland Finals...
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 30 Sep 2013, 2:17 pm

Great match. Cork were class on and off he field but without a doubt the best team won.

Once this Clare team learns to close out games there'll be no stopping them!

Next years Championship should be something. Clare, Cork, Limerick, Dublin and there might be one or two (or three!) teams outside that hoping to upset things Wink 

Winter is cancelled in Clare this year!!

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 30 Sep 2013, 6:44 pm

Limerick beat Clare well last year and didn't turn up against them this year. Cork beat them well in the Munster semi. Clare haven't met Kilkenny or Tip. I think there to many good teams for people to be talking of Clare dominance. But one or two more all Ireland's would be nice.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Tue 01 Oct 2013, 4:31 pm

Relax Feckless.

Let us have our day in the sun.

We didn't play Kilkenny orTipp because they didn't get far enough and I don't hear anyone talking about Clare dominance.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue 01 Oct 2013, 8:48 pm

Hey, I'm a Clare supporter too. I've heard a lot of people talking about Clare dominance. Mostly people outside Clare so I'm not saying the fans are being arrogant or anything. Not at all. I'm just saying that maybe people got used to only two really good teams in the Championship and presume a team as good and as young as Clare will surely dominate. But other brilliant young teams have appeared recently. We're gonna have a more competitive championships.

Do you actually think Kilkenny are done for after one (very) bad year and won't be looking to knock Clare off their perch as soon as possible? I think the early end to their Summer might do them good after their string of successes.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 02 Oct 2013, 12:11 pm

Kilkenny have already been installed as favourites for next year and rightly so.

It'll probably be Cody's last year and it wouldn't surprise me if they were back in training already.

The good thing from a Clare point of view is that this bunch of players have beaten Kilkenny, Tipp and Galway consistantly over the last 5 years in minor and u21 so they have no fear of these teams.

Forget next years World Cup if Clare, Cork, Limerick and Dublin maintain and build on this years levels and Kilkenny, Tipp, Waterford and Galway come roaring back after this seasons disappointments next years Championship will be stellar.

(Oh and I wish Wexford would get of their asses and sort themselves out!)

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:47 am

Dublin and Clare I find both encouraging and frustrating. I'm encouraged because Clare showed what's possible if you get your under age coaching right. And Dublin have shown that if you put funding into hurling you can manufacture a competitive hurling team from a county with no great tradition (I know they have numbers too but they've backed hurling with funds more than anyone). I'm frustrated because more counties won't take their cue.

Every year we're blown away by the brilliance of the latter rounds of the Championship. Seeing the best inter county hurlers playing this game is incredible. And we pat ourselves on the back and congratulate ourselves on having the most awe inspiring game in the world. But only 14 counties contest the Liam McCarthy Cup. And about half of them are complete no hopers. Personally I don't like Gaelic football at all. I just wish more attention and funds went into hurling in more counties. For a start in counties like Wexford, Waterford and Offaly.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 2:31 pm

Clare have a great chance of adding to this year. KK are always there or thereabouts but for a lot of their stellar senior players the legs have gone. Tipp are a mess and need Liam Sheedy back. Limerick always flatter to deceive and Galway are in as big a mess as Tipp (both being the ultimate underachievers). If JBM can build on the Cork team and get another couple of players in (and hold on to Shane O'Neil and Brian Murphy) then I give us a good chance.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:59 pm

Kilkenny will be there next year and you can never discount Tipp.

Limerick are very frustrating as they can't hang onto a manager for more than 2 years which makes things very difficult.

Not to upset our Cork brethren but I do think Cork over performed this year and will do well to repeat this year's success next year.

Given how bad Tipp, Kilkenny and Galway were this year Cork might have missed the boat.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 04 Oct 2013, 9:04 pm

Haha, mmac, Cork beat all the teams for you. Always remember you have 26 more to get to catch up, at this rate you will do it by the year 3000. We only take a rest now and then. The game last weekend was like 2003 , where we left it behind....all good experience for the team. For Clare its the zenith lets see how they do next year...remember Cork expects while Clare hopes...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 07 Oct 2013, 9:40 am

All very true ME....if were still living in the mid 80s.

Remember Clare have won as many All Irelands as Cork in the last 20 years Wink 

Anyway it's not Clare I'd worry about next year as I mentioned in my last sentence above.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:42 am

MunsterMac wrote:All very true ME....if were still living in the mid 80s.

Remember Clare have won as many All Irelands as Cork in the last 20 years Wink 

Anyway it's not Clare I'd worry about next year as I mentioned in my last sentence above.
I believe Clare have a good chance of getting one or two more AI's at least. I wouldn't see anything major to worry Clare from Tipp/KK or Galway at this stage. For your comment on Cork over the last 20 years you are correct but then look at the effort (emotional or otherwise) it takes Clare just to get to one Final (even a Munster Final). We are only one or two players away from a v good team...(good enough to win an All Ireland or two).

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:21 am

"but then look at the effort (emotional or otherwise) it takes Clare just to get to one Final"

Ah yes but the victories are all the more sweet!!

As I've always said you have to experience the rain to truly appreciate the sunshine and by Jebus we've had alot of rain!!

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Mon 07 Oct 2013, 12:19 pm

Fair enough...anyhow that Clare team is v good and full of talent that Cork can only dream of. However shure you know yourself we will give it a lash again next year.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Wed 16 Oct 2013, 2:24 pm

Cork will be back with a vengeance.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Fri 13 Jun 2014, 3:20 pm

Started up a new tread on the 2014 hurling if anyone is interested.

https://www.606v2.com/t54301-2014-hurling-championship#2681883

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down