The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never been happier to be a wrestling fan

4 posters

Go down

Never been happier to be a wrestling fan Empty Never been happier to be a wrestling fan

Post by Brilliant_yep Sat 24 Aug 2013, 5:09 pm

Just thought I'd share with you all a little story about my day.

I went to my local toy shop to get my step son a new wrestler. As I picked up the new WWE title belt,a young lad of about 17 made a comment about it to break the ice.
I ended up talking to him in the wrestling section for about an hour. I've said a few times on here before that I'm a proud wrestling fan but I don't know anybody else that is as into it as I am. This was the first time I have ever spoken to someone in real life who was passionate and knowledgable. People were walking past giving us funny looks and sniggering but I really couldn't care less,I had a really good chat and left feeling really happy in myself,and,dare I say it,warm inside.
I enjoyed having a real life discussion about one of my favourite things.

Has anyone else had a chat with a stranger about wrestling? Or any similar stories that made them happy to be a fan?

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Never been happier to be a wrestling fan Empty Re: Never been happier to be a wrestling fan

Post by crippledtart Mon 26 Aug 2013, 12:31 am

Once upon a time whilst living in the Midlands I was selling a load of wrestling videos on ebay and one bloke in particular seemed very keen.

He bought a few of them and ended up trying to befriend me and ask about backstage stuff and that kind of thing. We emailed back and forth for a while and then lost touch.

A few years later I'd moved to Bristol when the bloke started working at the same place as me. Like me, he's got quite an unusual name, so the first meeting was a bit odd, as we both sort of suspected each other of being that wrestling person from ebay but neither of us wanted to ask first.

Thankfully he asked first, we struck up a conversation about the upcoming Michaels-Flair match at Wrestlemania 24, and we have been friends ever since.

Now I think about it for the first time, it's quite obvious he must have been stalking me. There's no way he started working at the same place as me by coincidence. Weirdo.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Never been happier to be a wrestling fan Empty Re: Never been happier to be a wrestling fan

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 26 Aug 2013, 12:36 am

crippledtart wrote:Once upon a time whilst living in the Midlands I was selling a load of wrestling videos on ebay and one bloke in particular seemed very keen.

He bought a few of them and ended up trying to befriend me and ask about backstage stuff and that kind of thing. We emailed back and forth for a while and then lost touch.

A few years later I'd moved to Bristol when the bloke started working at the same place as me. Like me, he's got quite an unusual name, so the first meeting was a bit odd, as we both sort of suspected each other of being that wrestling person from ebay but neither of us wanted to ask first.

Thankfully he asked first, we struck up a conversation about the upcoming Michaels-Flair match at Wrestlemania 24, and we have been friends ever since.

Now I think about it for the first time, it's quite obvious he must have been stalking me. There's no way he started working at the same place as me by coincidence. Weirdo.
What's unusual about Gavin?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 26 Aug 2013, 12:55 am

I'm female.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 26 Aug 2013, 2:26 am

I knew it!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 26 Aug 2013, 7:52 am

I suppose that Gavin and Chris are strangers to me as I have never met them.

It was odd that the very first podcast, that Gav and I got on so well and produced such a high quality lively debate. And then Chris joined too.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down