The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OWGR Week 32

2 posters

Go down

OWGR Week 32 Empty OWGR Week 32

Post by robopz Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:35 am

I realize this week is all about getting into top-125 FedEx points, or falling short of that, at least top-125 money. But the OWGR trudges on.  Here are some OWGR projections of selected 1st round leaderboard names should they go on to win.  Remember this is the highest possible ranking they could obtain... any of these placings could be lower depending on other players. Event worth 44 points to the winner.

T1 - Chris Stroud up to 59 from 112
T1 - Ross Fisher up to 65 from 131
T3 - Robert Garrigus up to 31 from 51
T3 - Jordan Spieth up to 28 from 54
T3 - Sergio Garcia up to 11 from 19

a little further down

T16 - Zach Johnson up to 15 from 25
T16 - Geoff Ogilvy up to 43 from 89
T16 - Henrik Norlander up to 121 from 526
T34 - Peter Hanson up to 25 from 30
T34 - Greg Owen up to 102 from 240

robopz

Back to top Go down

OWGR Week 32 Empty Re: OWGR Week 32

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:49 pm

Thanks robo,
Should be a very competitive tournament - would expect plenty of urgency from Zach Johnson (hadn't realised until watching him last Thursday how slowly he can play) if he's going to be absent from New Jersey.
(No Tour event in NYS this year, sign of things to come I suppose - it's all about the sun belt, just like so many other aspects of American life! The North-East is becoming like "Old Europe" in the eyes of so many.)

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri 16 Aug 2013, 1:33 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Thanks robo,
Should be a very competitive tournament - would expect plenty of urgency from Zach Johnson (hadn't realised until watching him last Thursday how slowly he can play) if he's going to be absent from New Jersey.
(No Tour event in NYS this year, sign of things to come I suppose - it's all about the sun belt, just like so many other aspects of American life! The North-East is becoming like "Old Europe" in the eyes of so many.)
Yeah... technically no event in N.Y. this year.... but seems to me if you can see the Statue of Liberty from the golf course... then it at least "almost" qualifies... :-)

Zach? Yep... lots of urgency with him... but still probably a "different" kind of urgency than others are experiencing. The guy wants more than just good finishes... he wants to win, and they just aren't that easy to come by. But few people realize just how many times he's rung the bell. Hard to believe... but of players 40 and under, Zach, an Adam Scott are 2nd only to Tiger in wins with 9. Granted I'd give Scott the edge because outside their majors... AS has more better quality wins on his resume (WGC, Players).

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:31 pm

Statue of Liberty arguably (by Garden Staters) in NJ!

Hopefully there'll be another tie among the under-forties with Adam and Zach come Sunday . . . . .
High regard here for Zach Johnson - he missed a couple of short putts (usually a strength, of course) last Thursday but his ball-striking was superb, earning applause from Poults on more than one occasion.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down