The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Are Your Players To Watch?

+9
Liam
Mat
CFCNick
Good Golly I'm Olly
JamesLincs
westisbest
Dolphin Ziggler
Crimey
TheCultOfPersonality
13 posters

Go down

Who Are Your Players To Watch? Empty Who Are Your Players To Watch?

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Thu 15 Aug 2013, 1:38 pm

Just reading Jamie Redknapps column of SkySports about players to watch from each team got thinking of starting a topic on here, so who are your players to watch for the coming Premier League season?

I may be a little biased here but I feel Phillipe Coutinho is gonna be one of the stars of the season. He showed his class when signed in January last season, he now looks set to be the new creative mystro for Liverpool as their new number 10. He's got a great touch, skill and an eye for a pass. One to watch for sure.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Luke Shaw of Southampton. Also feel Adel Taarabt will shine for Fulham. He showed glimpses with QPR but lacked conistency.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Who Are Your Players To Watch? Empty Re: Who Are Your Players To Watch?

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Aug 2013, 2:33 pm

I worry that Coutinho will go the same way as Jelavic and Cisse where he has a great six months but then struggles when it comes to a whole season. I hope to be proven wrong as he's a fantastic talent.

I can't see Taraabt setting the world on fire, he'll likely play similar to as he does at QPR where on his day he's unplayable but then doesn't perform at other times.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

Id imagine Coutinho will have flashes of brilliance but be pushed out of some games. 

Wanyama, Ravel Morrison (potentially), Lukaku and Hazard, Kagawa (the worlds best) and Phil Jones.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:09 pm

I'd have thought that Chris, but Coutinho was surprisingly strong for such a small guy. He pushed off lots of bigger players last year and he's been interviewed and said he's worked on that a lot since moving to England.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:13 pm

I dont mean just physically, I think he will be pushed out of games by defences. He wasnt a non stop wizard last season, he was very good against open teams and poorer sides. 

That Newcastle game, for example, was made for him, the defence was in disarray and holes were everywhere.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:14 pm

For Villa.

Bacuna - been impressed with him in pre season.
Lowton - Hope will will continue where he left off last season.

Others.

Robbie Brady
Wanyama

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:35 pm

I expect Soldado to have a good season, Tottenham have been crying out for a top forward for years and they've got one who is a big improvement on Defoe and Adebayor. Expect him to be pushing 20 league goals if he gets the right service.

I can see Gary Hooper being a big success for Norwich as well, think he's a top forward and can be this years Lambert/Holt.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:02 pm

soldado certainly should get over 20 goals.
cant wait to watch hooper, hes a favourite of mine.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:13 pm

People seem to assume 20 league goals is an easy achievement, only on four occasions have more than 3 people in a year done it since the change to a 38 game season.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:20 pm

Interested too see what Man Utd do with Phil Jones this year and wonder if they'll play him in his preferred position of centre back.

Yeah Coutinho intrigues me somewhat.

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 15 Aug 2013, 5:25 pm

i think 1 goal every other game shouldnt be too hard for an international striker imo.

phil jones is in my dream team, so id rather a midfield role for him

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 5:39 pm

If Soldado gets 15-20 goals it would be a great achievement in his first year, think he'll certainly do better than Negredo. Agree about Coutinho, look forward to seeing Remy in a full season & Bony at Swansea. Lukaku at Chelsea, Tonev at Villa, Deulofeu at Everton & Norwich`s signings Fer & Hooper. Nothing much else stands out but I'm sure I've missed some.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Thu 15 Aug 2013, 5:51 pm

I think Bony will emulate Michu's success last season. Looks like another good signing from Laudrup.

Now Darren Bent's bound for first team football at Fulham, I can see him getting around 15 goals if he stays injury free.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:15 pm

Looking forward to seeing Pozuelo at Swansea, cracking little young player. For us I'm looking forward to seeing Fer in action, and Redmond as well.

Interested to see how Zaha does
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:22 pm

And the Wolf. How could any of us forget the Wolf!

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:31 pm

On the Chelsea front I'm hoping Lukaku fulfils his pre-season form and in 15 years time leaves as Drog 2.0. Wanna see if Essien can be the force he once was, even after he got injured and wasn't as good he was still great, although if he can't hit that quality van Ginkel should do well. Aaaaand, hope Torres can push on after looking decent last year.

Around the league I'm looking at Hooper, Coutinho, Soldado, Benteke fight against 2nd season syndrome, and Negredo.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:34 pm

If Lukaku can achieve half of what Drogba did then he's done just fine Nick. Looks a top talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:42 pm

I'm interested to see how David Silva fares this season as well. Not great last year, but a top player who should shine at City this year you feel.

Also Schurrle at Chelsea
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Thu 15 Aug 2013, 10:50 pm

It's funny. I was looking through old facebook photos earlier. In January I posted a picture of a newspaper with Lukaku declaring he wants to join West Brom permanent after that Reading crazy comeback game.

Schurrle will be fine Olly. He fitted in the team on tour like he's been here for a year already. His link up with Hazard and De Bruyne against Inter and AC was excellent.

Last edited by CFCNick on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 15 Aug 2013, 11:53 pm

Would love to see Big Rom doing well at Chelsea, also intrigued to see how De Bruyne does this year if he gets a chance.

Luke Shaw is another who I am looking forward to seeing perhaps push on, seems very highly-rated.

In terms of the Albion, Vydra has the potential to do well imo, and from our younger lads, Saido Berainho could have an impact this year. And Anelka obviously...

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:30 am

Utd: Januzaj, Kagawa, Jones and Zaha

In general:
Couthino
Chadil
Bony
Shurrlle

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:13 am

Ross Barkley is an excellent under the radar pick by Redknapp and I fully agree with him. If he gets the games I think he is really going to shine. Whilst everyone rightly raves about Wilshere this lad is just as good I feel. His vision is excellent and he has the physical tools to ensure he isn't bullied around. Hopefully he stays fit and gets games under Martinez.

Gerard Deulofeu - Another Everton player, whilst only on loan I think he can shine this season. Lets face it you don't appear for Barcelona unless you have a fair bit of talent. Can play out wide or as a forward and whilst his relatively slight frame may be a cause of a concern I think he will adapt well to life in England.

Luis Alberto - For £6.8 Liverpool have got a comparative bargain when you contrast it to other fee's stumped out. 20 years of age this lad can play across the front line with ease. Used in the 'false' 9 role for Barcelona B he was sensational last season. Great link up play and an ability to spot gaps that others don't even know are there. He has a fantastic right foot on him and scores some great goals. Watch Out for him if Rodgers gives him the opportunities.

Emanuele Giaccherini - He isn't young at 28, but he may just be the man to keep Sunderland up next season. Surprised he was allowed to leave by Juventus & Conte...but Di Canio won't be complaining! Capable of playing on either flank or through the middle he provides plenty of possibilities. Great technical ability and passing is top notch...in fact he played more key passes than any other Juventus player last season. Not an easy feat. With Sunderlands tough start to the campaign expectations will be low and this may just help him settle in.

Others to note: Wilfred Bony, Leroy Fer, Jores Okore, Marc Muniesa,

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Aug 2013, 5:48 am

Barkley I have been waiting to burst through for what seems an age now, yet hes still so young, almost shows how good he is cos hes been touted for at least two years now and hes only 19. Love the kid, bit of a new generation Joe Cole about him and should have a manager with him that will cherish his natural game, not drill it out of him.

Hes one of a few young English players that get me through those dark nights when our future is questioned and our talent stocks seem low.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 16 Aug 2013, 9:39 am

Ravel Morrison - 6 goals in pre season and in line to start instead of Diame....

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:27 am

jimbohammers wrote:Ravel Morrison - 6 goals in pre season and in line to start instead of Diame....
You seriously can't be serious. Diame was basically the heartbeat of the side, everytime I saw them play. Power, strength & goals.....I enjoyed watching him. Also, has he still got that release clause in his contract because if Big Sam doesn't want him, plenty of other teams will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:57 pm

I dont think he'll start this weekend but he will get some game time throughout the season and a chance to impress. Diame's problem has and will always be his final ball. However, I cant see the team working without him. He did only score three goals though, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United all at home.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:35 pm

Hooper & De Bruyne for me, both coming into this season having not played in the prem before, should be interesting.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:47 pm

For Hull

Robbie Brady,Was average on loan, but very good last season.
James Chester,Good strong young centre half, interesting to see if he can deal with better strikers.
George Boyd, class player who deserves his shot in PL.
Sonny Aluko. Very exciting, how will he cope with better defences, and after being injured for quite a while.

Others Paulinho, will he be like Klebersen, or the real deal.
Navas, could be just what City needed, if he gets the game time.
Hazard, looked great last year can he carry it on.
Suarez, if he stays how will the ban aand this summer's antics effect him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down