The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal get Fenerbahce in Champions League qualifier

+4
NickisBHAFC
Fernando
Duty281
Crimey
8 posters

Go down

Arsenal get Fenerbahce in Champions League qualifier Empty Arsenal get Fenerbahce in Champions League qualifier

Post by Crimey Fri 09 Aug 2013, 7:45 pm

That is actually quite a difficult draw for them as Fenerbahce aren't a side that can be easily pushed over, they would have hoped for something a lot more simple I'd have thought. If Arsenal fail to even qualify for the group stages of the Champions League, the pressure will be piling on Wenger I'd have thought.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal get Fenerbahce in Champions League qualifier Empty Re: Arsenal get Fenerbahce in Champions League qualifier

Post by Duty281 Sat 10 Aug 2013, 7:42 pm

Arsenal will probably be glad that they're away for the first leg, and home for the second leg. It is a potential banana-skin, no doubt about it, but I think Arsenal will be good to enough to see it through.

Like you say though, if everything does go wrong for Arsenal, and they fail to qualify, then Wenger will probably be under the biggest pressure he's ever faced in his tenure at Arsenal. Can't see that happening though.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Arsenal get Fenerbahce in Champions League qualifier Empty Re: Arsenal get Fenerbahce in Champions League qualifier

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:16 pm

After that 1-3 home defeat to Villa, Arsenal will be under massive pressure for this one. Personally, I think Fenerbahce will win this over two legs. Then it'll be Wenger gone.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:26 pm

If you think he'll ever get fired you my friend are delusional.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:27 pm

Fernando wrote:If you think he'll ever get fired you my friend are delusional.
Deluded. Vain. Arrogant. Racist. Xenophobic.

I've been called them all!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:29 pm

I'd still fancy Arsenal over the two legs but if Fenerbahce walk come away from the first leg with a 2-0 lead then I can see a tense second leg.

Can anybody see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet? Home or away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:32 pm

FreekShow wrote:I'd still fancy Arsenal over the two legs but if Fenerbahce walk come away from the first leg with a 2-0 lead then I can see a tense second leg.

No I can't see them keeping a clean sheet.

The problem is that their squad is completely decimated by injury and suspension, and Arsenal's confidence is on the floor. They might also have one eye on the following league matches afterwards, which are Fulham and Tottenham. Can't see Arsenal doing it. It's a very sorry state of affairs for them.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:32 pm

I don't think they'd sack if him if they come up short in the qualifiers but should they fail to secure a top 4 spot come May then I think there'll be a parting of the ways next summer.

The word mutual spring to mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:33 pm

Even if Arsenal failed to qualify, Wenger has 0% chance of being sacked. What would be the point? What's a new manager, inside a few days of being appointed going to do with £70m and no champions league football on offer before September. Never getting sacked, regardless of the result.

I think Arsenal will qualify, just. Be too strong at home in the second leg.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:49 pm

I personally would love to see Arsenal go out, also nice to see the delight of Fenerbache in the Champions League, love seeing the passion of Turkish fans! I just want to see them go out because i would love to see what Arsenal would actually do with Wenger, and then see how far there panic buying will go.

However i can see them being to strong against Fenerbahce over the 2 legs and i can see them getting through (just).

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:01 pm

If they get knocked out they won't sack Wenger straight away. They'll have to wait until the 28th to see if Fenerbache win their hearing and are allowed to compete in the tournament.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 20 Aug 2013, 11:56 pm

If Fenerbahce's appeal against match-fixing fails, they might lose and still go through. I really wouldn't be surprised.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 1:57 pm

https://twitter.com/JackWilshere/status/370124175366955008

Jack Wilshere has had some "visitors" to his hotel.

Fingers crossed for Arsenal tonight.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 7:20 pm

Cazorla in for Oxlade is the only change from Saturday for Arsenal.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 21 Aug 2013, 7:43 pm

Subs: Fabianski, Podolski, Monreal, Sanogo, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Gnabry

That bench sums up just how weak Arsenal are this year. One decent attacking option, two alright defensive options and that's it. 

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:03 pm

Fenerbahce are dreadful. End of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:07 pm

My U12 team pass the ball better then Fenerbache so watch them go score now Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:18 pm

Koscielny booted in the face a lot of blood so been subbed off.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:27 pm

This game is truly shocking. More like a conference play off. Woeful quality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:37 pm

Arsenal will take this everyday of the week.

My both teams to score bet isn't looking very clever now Laugh 

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:44 pm

Fenerbahce are awful and can't string two passes together. Arsenal look comfortable on the ball, but can't create a clear-cut chance to save their life. The Arsenal of old would be 3 up by now. Only Walcott or Wilshere look like creating anything meaningful thus far, while Giroud is being marked out of the game.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:55 pm

Fenerbache 0-1 Arsenal - Kieran Gibbs 

1st time someone has got in the box apart from Giroud

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:58 pm

Arsenal really need a top class forward, Giroud is decent back up but isn't good enough for a side with fairly large aspirations.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:00 pm

I love ramsey,wilshere ,walcott & gibbs together.

Come on lads a few more goals please. Put this one to bed.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:07 pm

Fenerbache 0-2 Arsenal - Ramsey - Someone gunna die now Laugh 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:07 pm

And that was that. Game over, tie over.

clap Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:10 pm

"He kills when he wants!" Fenerbahce are really bad and I expected better from them. Do you think Wenger will now proclaim he has no need to spend?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:11 pm

The Special Juan wrote:"He kills when he wants!"  Fenerbahce are really bad and I expected better from them.  Do you think Wenger will now proclaim he has no need to spend?
Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:11 pm

Game over, just like that. A lot better from Arsenal in that 20 minutes, and they avoided a banana skin. clap 

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:11 pm

Not over till its over.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm

its over

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm

It's over. We could have 10 legs, and Fenerbahce won't score one.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:16 pm

Because you can tell the future can't you?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:17 pm

Weren't Fenerbahce done for match rigging not that long ago? I don't believe they're this crap all the time...
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:21 pm

Fenerbache 0-3 Arsenal - Giroud pen

Wasn't convinced it was a pen tbh, Maybe Fenerbache have money on this score since their gunna be kicked out Laugh 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:22 pm

FreekShow wrote:
egg  on Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:34 pm

Fener manager is awful the one they had last year was much better.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:36 pm

Its over now isn't it bull. The fat lady is singing

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:37 pm

Bull wrote:Because you can tell the future can't you?
It's called predicting, it's where you evaluate a situation before making a judgement on what may or may not happen with the benefit of experience and/or knowledge. My evaluation of this game tells me that Fenerbahce are unlikely to score in either this leg or the next. My evaluation also tells me (and common sense) that Arsenal are nailed-on to make the group stages now.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:37 pm

FT Fenerbache 0-3 Arsenal Arsenal get Fenerbahce in Champions League qualifier 3559488474 

Id expect that will be tie over.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 21 Aug 2013, 10:24 pm

I think tonight was a mixture of Fenerbache looking like a league 2 standard (at best) side and Arsenal playing some very good football. All 3 goals were very soft, none the less taken well. Giroud penalty was class. That win could maybe attract some more signings. 

Still a very boring game to watch, luckily i was in the pub and the back up plan was pool!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:02 am

The Fenerbahce game was pointless all along, as they've had their appeal dismissed and are expelled from the Europa League.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:13 am

Pointless but some strange management to play Wilshere for so long, tie was over and then he gets Podolski injured aswell. Also, hearing on the radio, some delusional people think Ramsey is now a great player after two storming performances against, let's face it, league two standard Fenerbahce. picard 

Let's get back to the EPL shall we Aaron and reproduce it their. Fully expect you to go missing vs Spurs. Yohan will arrive and your benched is how I see it panning out.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:21 am

Yep agreed. Why did he play ramsey wilshire etc anyway..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:23 am

Duty281 wrote:
Bull wrote:Because you can tell the future can't you?
It's called predicting, it's where you evaluate a situation before making a judgement on what may or may not happen with the benefit of experience and/or knowledge. My evaluation of this game tells me that Fenerbahce are unlikely to score in either this leg or the next. My evaluation also tells me (and common sense) that Arsenal are nailed-on to make the group stages now.
And I was also correct.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down