The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did the West Germans Cheat?

+6
Mike Selig
dummy_half
Dr Gregory House MD
spencerclarke
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
10 posters

Go down

Did the West Germans Cheat? Empty Did the West Germans Cheat?

Post by Duty281 Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Yes, according to an 800 page report titled "Doping in Germany from 1950 to today". It alleges that the 1954 World Cup winners were given injections of the methamphetamine Pervitin, which we know as speed. 3 unnamed German players apparently tested positive for the banned stimulant ephedrine in the aftermath of the 1966 World Cup Final. The well-organised doping program supposedly ran for decades, extended to all sports, and it included under-age athletes.

One word. Shocking.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Did the West Germans Cheat? Empty Re: Did the West Germans Cheat?

Post by Duty281 Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:14 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23573169

Now the BBC's reporting it.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Drugs in football did happen, and probably is happening right now.

Football associations of Brazil, Germany, Spain and Holland failed to analyse a single blood sample of any player during 2012.

With no tests going on, we'd be pretty naive to believe that nobody is using performance enhancing drugs, as there is barely a threat of being caught
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:35 pm

It's mental that in a sport with so much money involved and exposure that doping is not high on anybodies priorities. Heres hoping it starts to change soon. Prob not with fifa and uefa about.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 am

Duty281 wrote:Yes, according to an 800 page report titled "Doping in Germany from 1950 to today". It alleges that the 1954 World Cup winners were given injections of the methamphetamine Pervitin, which we know as speed. 3 unnamed German players apparently tested positive for the banned stimulant ephedrine in the aftermath of the 1966 World Cup Final. The well-organised doping program supposedly ran for decades, extended to all sports, and it included under-age athletes.

One word. Shocking.
In the interests of fairness I think the game should be replayed Wink

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:07 am

I've heard mention of this report a few weeks ago - apparently the West German government were incensed by the success of the (enormous and 'open secret') state-sponsored doping programme run by East Germany and set up something similar if rather less extreme.

I've also heard very strong rumours that the 1974 team was on either or both steroids and amphetamines, and that they were far from the only team of that time to benefit from such products.

I agree with Spencer a couple of posts up - given the amount of money and particularly the rewards for success that are available in football, it is inconceivable that there is no significant doping. EPO or blood doping would benefit in terms of fitness to keep going at the end of games, testosterone to improve recovery between games, a few anabolic steroids through the pre-season to build strength. OK, none of these will turn Joey Barton into Lionel Messi, but they would turn an undoped Joey Barton into one who can run a bit more and be less fatigued (and hence prone to mistakes) at the end of each half.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:38 pm

I cannot say I am surprised.

I agree with Olly, dummy and spencer as to PEDs in football today. Whilst there are no drugs that I know of which can increase skill (define "skill"... but that's another topic), you can improve strength, power, speed, endurance, resistance and recovery. Quite handy.

There were some strong rumours about a relatively recent WC winning side also.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:51 pm

*Cough* Spain and Barca *Cough* Whistle Whistle Whistle 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Random drug tests for the Belgians & Croats??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Duty281 wrote:Yes, according to an 800 page report titled "Doping in Germany from 1950 to today". It alleges that the 1954 World Cup winners were given injections of the methamphetamine Pervitin, which we know as speed. 3 unnamed German players apparently tested positive for the banned stimulant ephedrine in the aftermath of the 1966 World Cup Final. The well-organised doping program supposedly ran for decades, extended to all sports, and it included under-age athletes.

One word. Shocking.
A breaking bad conspiracy.

I heard that the drug was used to motivate and stimulate the Nazis during the war, so its not a stretch for it to have been used on sportsmen!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Olly wrote:*Cough* Spain and Barca *Cough* Whistle Whistle Whistle 

Closer to home as well...

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Interesting. Although when I saw the title I assumed this was 1990.

They certainly cheated in that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6egZnifESv4 beat Czechs 1-0 by diving for a penalty. Definitive dive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0zy_UakAnY go to 2:30 beat Argentina 1-0 by diving for a penalty.

Then again, no one cared. Argentina themselves cheated their way to the 1986 world cup with the Hand of God goal.

Also, Italy beating Australia 1-0 in the lst 16 by diving for a penalty, before going on to win the 2006 tournament https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kon-dmN-Rm0 2:10 for Grosso's dive.

So at least 3 recent world cups were won by cheating in plain sight. That should give you a clue about whether players would cheat more secretly behind the scenes if they had the opportunity to do so.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down