The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite positions in NFL

+6
Pr4wn
Virgil_Caine
AdZacO
Grizzly
GSC
Colan (niner)
10 posters

Go down

Favourite positions in NFL Empty Favourite positions in NFL

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 11 May 2011, 2:57 pm

What is your favourite position to watch. Tbh , my favourite players are willis, cj2k, ad, desean jackson but overall around the league, i prefer the db's. In particular i enoy watching cornerbacks as there are so many different styles. You look at revis and he is a polished shutdown corner, asante samuel is a ballhawk, saomugha is a physical guy and woodson is the wildcard who can be involved in all sorts of blitz packages. I also enjoy watching safeties who are playmakers such as eric berry(now number 5 in my favourite players list) and ed reed for obvous reasons

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Favourite positions in NFL Empty Re: Favourite positions in NFL

Post by GSC Wed 11 May 2011, 2:59 pm

Long Snapper
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed 11 May 2011, 3:21 pm

CB are great fun to watch until they become so good that no-one throws near them anymore. S and SS have the opportunities to make some big hits so naturally they're good value, and whilst GSCs comment was probably tongue in cheek given the carnage created by Long Snappers in the last year or two, there is still a 'will he, won't he' thought every time there's a punt....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Wed 11 May 2011, 3:36 pm

Tricky question, watching P Manning no huddle moving up the field is something special to watch, or a fast RB hotting holes, and jinky past people is really good, but i love a good saftey. They can grab great ints and take them back, put big hits on, and i think to be a very good saftey you have to be not only very athletic but smart aswell.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by Virgil_Caine Wed 11 May 2011, 3:46 pm

Like watching the DE'S/OLB, superb to watch one player disrupt the passing game, enjoy seeing if they get left one on one with a tackle.
Freeney is the best to watch.

Virgil_Caine

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 11 May 2011, 4:13 pm

Agree with Virgil, watch Freeney is great fun.

I used to love watching John Lynch for the Bucs, he used to absolutely level some players with some brutal hits.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by AquaArab Wed 11 May 2011, 5:34 pm

Like watching OLB and S. Enjoyed watching Cameron Wake last season and I'm hoping for more of the same this year

AquaArab

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 11 May 2011, 6:27 pm

Linebackers all day long. Run stoppers like Willis, pass rushers like Ware and Matthews and they can all (kind of) cover too. The most diverse skill set on defence is definitely in the linebackers in my opinion.

On offence, WR is always a favourite of mine, guaranteed a few divas but phenomenal athletes

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Wed 11 May 2011, 6:54 pm

It might be that I'm spoilt rotten as a Packers fan but watching Linebackers hunting for the ball or the QB is incredible to watch. A good interception from a Cornerback is also good fun.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Wed 11 May 2011, 8:19 pm

If we are talking player, it would be the late great Sean Taylor. He could play up in the box and stop RBs behind the line, pick QBs off and was the hardest hitting tackler in NFL. If he hadnt of been shot we would not discuss who would be best saftey in Reed and Troy, his name would be mentioned too.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 12 May 2011, 10:36 am

AdZaco - Amen! My favourite is the Cowboys game with the fumble that wasn't. IIRC the next match up, didn't Clayton get alligator arms when he heard ST coming up behind him? Smile

For me the dichotomy between QB and Safety is the best element of football. One of my favourite episodes as Mark Brunnell exposing Roy Williams. On the flip side, Ronnie Lott was one of the best ever at fooling QB's - Ed Reed is probably the best in the current game at doing that.

PS - I don't like the comparison between Reed and Polamalu. There is a difference between strong and free safety positions, and to me, they aren't directly comparable. Just like half and full back. In my mind, Reed is the best FS and Polamalu is the best SS. (Also, Polamalu is helped because he has Clark covering his ass in coverage, something that isn't Polamalu's strong suit.)

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Thu 12 May 2011, 12:49 pm

skins4ever wrote:AdZaco - Amen! My favourite is the Cowboys game with the fumble that wasn't. IIRC the next match up, didn't Clayton get alligator arms when he heard ST coming up behind him? Smile

For me the dichotomy between QB and Safety is the best element of football. One of my favourite episodes as Mark Brunnell exposing Roy Williams. On the flip side, Ronnie Lott was one of the best ever at fooling QB's - Ed Reed is probably the best in the current game at doing that.

PS - I don't like the comparison between Reed and Polamalu. There is a difference between strong and free safety positions, and to me, they aren't directly comparable. Just like half and full back. In my mind, Reed is the best FS and Polamalu is the best SS. (Also, Polamalu is helped because he has Clark covering his ass in coverage, something that isn't Polamalu's strong suit.)

watching moss burn williams was so good to watch.

Also i do understand what you say about SS and FS. They do completely different things, and i think the answer of which you would have in your team says how you like a defence to work.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 12 May 2011, 1:16 pm

Well for me, having played both FS and QB (and a few other positions) I understand that they are almost the equivalent of each other on each side of the ball. Often the FS is the last line of defence so can be exposed just like a QB can. Crudely put (and not to diss them) SS is basically a linebacker in a DB's body! Wink

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down