The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Festivals

+2
Davie
AberdeenSteve
6 posters

Go down

Music Festivals Empty Music Festivals

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:35 am

Anyone attend any last year and/or going to any this year?

Only ever been to Rockness the once back in 2009. Was sensational! Quite fancy Sonisphere this year :love:

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Music Festivals Empty Re: Music Festivals

Post by Davie Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:27 am

I'm no fan of festivals, but if there was one I regretted not going to last year, and will probably regret not going to this year - it's High Voltage

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:41 am

Went to Leeds Festival in 2007, was a fantastic line up and probably the best weekend of my life!

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 am

Dont know whether its classed as a festival, but I go to the Southport Weekender, once a year and is a whole weekend of house music. Only problem is its now been moved to minehead and Im from Manchester!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:48 am

Regrettably turned down a ticket to V, so looking at other alternatives that I wouldn't mind going to: Reading or Latitude.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:54 am

I've done Leeds and V a fair few times, never done Glastonbury though.

Got young kids now but when they're a bit older I wouldn't mind going again to some.

V though this year looks far too pop.

Reading/Leeds not announced this year until 21st May but I found this:

Festival organisers confirm exclusivity for Reading and Leeds headliners.

Through the comments made by organiser Melvyn Benn to BBC Newsbeat – in which he confirmed that the headliners for Leeds 2011 won’t be found topping any other UK festival this summer – we can now cross off a number of bands from the rumours list.

Headliners at Download 2011 are System of a Down and Linkin Park, while Foo Fighters are confirmed for T In The Park.

You’ll also find Foo Fighters headlining at the Isle of Wight Festival, along with Pulp who are listed as the main support on the Saturday. That doesn’t rule Pulp out – on a mere technicality – but we’d suggest it is highly unlikely that they will be a Main Stage headliner this year.

Edit – as Jimmy points out Pulp are headlining the Wireless Festival this summer. So actually that does indeed rule them out of a headline slot at Leeds. Thanks Jimmy.

Also listed as headliners at T In The Park are Coldplay and Arctic Monkeys.

Metallica headline the Friday night at Sonisphere 2011, with Biffy Clyro and Slipknot completing the line up there.

You can find Kasabian topping both Isle of Wight Festival 2011 and Rock Ness 2011, with Kings Of Leon also making a bill-topping appearance at Isle of Wight Festival.

The revelation is nothing new and it is fairly typical for Leeds to have full UK exclusivity on its headliners. But it’s always good to hear it from the man himself.

So now we know who it is not, who does that leave and who would you go for?

The Strokes and Muse still seem strong possibilities, as we reported last year here, here and here, but are there any others you’d put your money on?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:25 am

30STM could possibly be another headline act. Are people drawn to the festivals mainly because of a big headline act, or a solid lineup throughout?

Is Reading/Leeds usually around £200?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:56 am

mcr they due in the uk around that time.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down