The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys Riverside lounge 2013/14

+18
thespreys
Coleman
Welshmushroom
TBJ9625
Welsh Magician
mrzimmerman
Casartelli
Luckless Pedestrian
Cari
tatterd
Cyril
maestegmafia
Artful_Dodger
profitius
George Carlin
ScarletSpiderman
Jhamer25
Breadvan
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ospreys Riverside lounge 2013/14 - Page 3 Empty Ospreys Riverside lounge 2013/14

Post by Breadvan Sat 13 Jul 2013, 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well I'd better jump on the bandwagon and start a thread for all things Ospreys for the forthcoming Pro12 season.

Coaches
Steve Tandy (Head Coach)
Chris Gibbes (Forwards)
Gruff Rees (Backs)

Players in 2013–2014
Tyler Ardron from Ontario Blues
Jeff Hassler from Prairie Wolf Pack
Tito Tebaldi from Zebre
Matthew Dwyer from Bridgend Ravens
Jamie Murphy from Bridgend Ravens
Sam Williams from Aberavon

HC "group o death" again. Leinster, Northampton Saints, Castres.

So...what lies ahead for the O's this season? No big name signings as yet. The onus being on bringing in youngsters from overseas and the regions premiership clubs. Hopefully the players that were used all over the backline last season will finally get some concistencey in their preffered positions. With an injury free squad, the team could make some hay in the forthcoming season. Big shame that Hanno Dirksen has suffered an injury set back and will not be back until November.

All fans welcome to take part in some good natured banter.

Except turks....

Ok turks...Wink 

Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Ospreys Riverside lounge 2013/14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ospreys Riverside lounge 2013/14

Post by maestegmafia Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:11 pm

In interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ3QqmwKt_I

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ospreys Riverside lounge 2013/14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ospreys Riverside lounge 2013/14

Post by maestegmafia Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:12 pm

Looks like a good lad. Tough on the Ospreys again suffering from multiple injuries in one position, Last year was Lock and Tighthead. Mack looks like a smart signing to cover the position for now.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:20 pm

Not having a dig, but last season the Ospreys had Isaacs and Grabham classed as 'scrum halves' when they were playing (in the backline of scrum halves), but now they are not mentioned as scrum halves.  That said it does make sense to have some cover lined up just in case.

Also where has the sudden link to Canada come from?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:40 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Not having a dig, but last season the Ospreys had Isaacs and Grabham classed as 'scrum halves' when they were playing (in the backline of scrum halves), but now they are not mentioned as scrum halves.  That said it does make sense to have some cover lined up just in case.

Also where has the sudden link to Canada come from?

Isaacs and Grabham were both signed as Centre/Wings but both had played scrumhalf, neither are very good scrumhalfs as opposed to being ok in their preferred positions.

I don't know where the link to Canada has come from? Maybe it is just that they have some decent players that are a hell of a lot cheaper to introduce than former All Blacks? It is not as though any of the regions have that much cash.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm

It just made me laugh that when there was a wing crisis both Grabham and Isaacs were classed as scrum halves, and the fans/press made a big thing about the Os feilding a back line comprising of 4-5 scrum halves. But now there is a scrum half neither are classed as a realistic option.

I can understand the thinking signing a Canadian, not only are they cheap, but they are available almost straight away (not waiting til the end of the currie cup/itm etc). I just assumed that these sort of signings would have been more likely when Scott Johnson was there, as he had contacts in North America rugby.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:59 pm

I also find it off that they didn't sign a winger and just move one of those players to cover 9... Anyway, I wonder what 197 thinks of the signing.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:59 pm

I was very impressed with Mack's performance against the USA this year - a really gutsy, yet skillful player who scored a couple of cracking tries if I recall.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 16 Sep 2013, 1:04 pm

What can you say. I think Grabham was carrying an injury too. So Habberfield was at wing, Issacs covering centre for the injured Bishop. Certainly wasn't ideal and we did have injuries to cover at the time. We still finished fifth only four points off the final qualifying spot.

Canada have a great culture of aggressive contact sports and that breeds great and fearless rugby players. A rugby nation that has maybe fallen by the wayside a bit on popular recognition, but they were quite a force towards the end of the professional era.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 16 Sep 2013, 1:30 pm

IanBru wrote:I was very impressed with Mack's performance against the USA this year - a really gutsy, yet skillful player who scored a couple of cracking tries if I recall.
Great News, looking forward to seeing him this season.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 17 Sep 2013, 1:05 am

All the region’s victorious Lions tourists – Jones, prop Adam Jones, hooker Richard Hibbard, lock Ian Evans and flanker Justin Tipuric – are set to start their first home match of the campaign.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:45 am

NEXT MONTH’S RABODIRECT PRO12 WELSH DERBY AGAINST NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS WILL NOW BE PLAYED ON FRIDAY 25TH OCTOBER, KICKING OFF AT 7.05PM.

The fixture had originally been scheduled for the Sunday afternoon but a clash with Swansea City’s Premiership game with West Ham due to their Europa League involvement meant that it had to be switched.

Ospreys Rugby would like to thank Swansea Stadium Management Company and the Swans for their co-operation in rearranging this fixture.

Tickets for the game will be available to buy at the Liberty Stadium Ticket Office, online at www.ospreysrugby.com/buytickets and via the Ticket Hotline on 0844 815 6665 next week.

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/30836

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:18 pm

maestegmafia wrote:NEXT MONTH’S RABODIRECT PRO12 WELSH DERBY AGAINST NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS WILL NOW BE PLAYED ON FRIDAY 25TH OCTOBER, KICKING OFF AT 7.05PM.

The fixture had originally been scheduled for the Sunday afternoon but a clash with Swansea City’s Premiership game with West Ham due to their Europa League involvement meant that it had to be switched.

Ospreys Rugby would like to thank Swansea Stadium Management Company and the Swans for their co-operation in rearranging this fixture.

Tickets for the game will be available to buy at the Liberty Stadium Ticket Office, online at www.ospreysrugby.com/buytickets and via the Ticket Hotline on 0844 815 6665 next week.

This in fact is excellent news for us (Os) as we will be able to play our Welsh squad members, whereas if we had played on our original date that would have come within the 13 day Welsh call up period, I bet the Dodger will be seething over this and is already trying to overturn this date.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:25 pm

wayne wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:NEXT MONTH’S RABODIRECT PRO12 WELSH DERBY AGAINST NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS WILL NOW BE PLAYED ON FRIDAY 25TH OCTOBER, KICKING OFF AT 7.05PM.

This in fact is excellent news for us (Os) as we will be able to play our Welsh squad members, whereas if we had played on our original date that would have come within the 13 day Welsh call up period, I bet the Dodger will be seething over this and is already trying to overturn this date.
I would say recently Roger Lewis has been doing very well on behalf of all of the regions.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 20 Sep 2013, 4:17 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:

I would say recently Roger Lewis has been doing very well on behalf of all of the regions.
Do you actually read or contribute on any of the Forums of the 4 Welsh teams in the Rabo league, the Dodger is generally vehemently disliked on all 4 Forums and the vast majority is against him and his utterances on the ERC debacle.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 20 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm

wayne wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:

Do you actually read or contribute on any of the Forums of the 4 Welsh teams in the Rabo league, the Dodger is generally vehemently disliked on all 4 Forums and the vast majority is against him and his utterances on the ERC debacle.
Yes I do read a few and those points do not influence my opinion. Many fans need to wake up to the larger issues in Rugby.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 20 Sep 2013, 4:44 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:

Yes I do read a few and those points do not influence my opinion. Many fans need to wake up to the larger issues in Rugby.
Maes, if he had for instance given ALL of the TV money that the Regions earn from the competitions that they played in, allowed the Os to have played Tonga last year, what was the difference to when they played Oz a few years ago, possibly played the 4th international first (I know that doesn't make sense), they would have the full backing of RRW in the talks going on at the moment, the Dragons have their 50% holdings debacle which needs sorting and no doubt the Blues and Scarlets have their issues as well, and you think he is doing a good job

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:47 pm

Could anything have gone any better than tonight Munster, Leinster, Cardiff Blues and best of all the Scarlets all losing, that's all we need now is for Connacht to beat Ulster and for us to beat Edinburgh.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:11 pm

wayne wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
wayne wrote:

Maes, if he had for instance given ALL of the TV money that the Regions earn from the competitions that they played in, allowed the Os to have played Tonga last year, what was the difference to when they played Oz a few years ago, possibly played the 4th international first (I know that doesn't make sense), they would have the full backing of RRW in the talks going on at the moment, the Dragons have their 50% holdings debacle which needs sorting and no doubt the Blues and Scarlets have their issues as well, and you think he is doing a good job
Sorry I was distracted by the match and the Americas Cup.

Roger Lewis has been integral in insisting on having an impartial mediator for the next ERC meeting. It is probably the best chance we have of keeping the HEC alive next year.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:03 am

TOM SMITH UPDATE
By Ospreys Rugby | 24/09/2013

LATEST NEWS ON THE INJURY PICKED UP ON SATURDAY EVENING

After Tom Smith was carried off on a stretcher during the first half of Saturday evening’s win over Edinburgh at the Liberty Stadium, the Ospreys medical team today issued the following update:
“Tom suffered a significant knee injury and we are carrying out all relevant investigations in order to determine the full extent of the injury and the way forward for Tom in terms of treatment and rehabilitation. A further update will be issued as appropriate.”

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 18 Oct 2013, 7:14 pm

Teams up for this Sundays clash @ FG. k.o 1245

Fingers crossed the Ospreys are more clinical and have a less static back line than the previous matches. Habbers at scrum half may provide some zip but why Bish is at 13 and Beck at 12 is a mystery when it should be vice versa. This has the makings of a good game but I fear It'll watched from behind the sofa.Wink 

Northampton: Foden; Elliott, Pisi, Luther Burrell, North; Myler, Dickson; Waller, Hartley (capt), Ma'afu, Lawes, Day, Wood, Dowson, Manoa.

Replacements: Haywood, Waller, Denman, Van Velze, Clark, Fotuali'i, Wilson, Pisi.

Ospreys: Fussell; Hassler, Bishop, Beck, Walker; Biggar, Habberfield; Bevington, Hibbard, Jones, AW Jones (capt), King, R Jones, Tipuric, Bearman.

Replacements: Baldwin, D Jones, Jarvis, Ardron, Allen, Lewis, Tebaldi, Morgan.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:49 pm

The Ospreys normally announce their team, at lunchtime the day before a game unless they play on a Sunday and then they announce it on a Friday, nonetheless somebody on our board tonight announced Hanno Dirksen is on the bench for Saturdays match against Munster. Fantastic news if true.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by JayMaster3000 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:46 pm

I was talking to a friend from Bridgend the other day and he reiterated something which another person told me, with a new rumour for me as well. What truth is there in that:

1)Swansea is looking rid of the Ospreys from the Liberty Stadium.
2)Ospreys may move to the Brewery Field.
3)Island Farm's 15,000 stadium is for the Ospreys (Is that project still happening?)

Thanks and sorry if that is been touched upon already.

JayMaster3000

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:31 am

JayMaster3000 wrote:I was talking to a friend from Bridgend the other day and he reiterated something which another person told me, with a new rumour for me as well. What truth is there in that:

1)Swansea is looking rid of the Ospreys from the Liberty Stadium.
2)Ospreys may move to the Brewery Field.
3)Island Farm's 15,000 stadium is for the Ospreys (Is that project still happening?)

Thanks and sorry if that is been touched upon already.

They might be better off out of there. Its too big and while not at the Edinbrugh in murrayfield level, seeing empty seats kills the atmosphere a bit. Maybe Swansea might pay the Ospreys off if they want rid of them.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 01 Nov 2013, 10:40 am

chin  Especially when the Liberty increases capacity to 32k.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3